Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi (984 Views)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Fact Check: Who Started The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by AutoReportNG: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
According to Channels TV, the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi says about N4 trillion is required to complete the Lagos to Kano standard gauge rail project.

Amaechi said this on Thursday while addressing journalists in Kaduna State.

According to him, this is the reason why the project has been moving at a slow pace because the huge amount of money is required to finance its speedy completion.

“Doing Lagos-Kano, we are looking for about N3trillion and N4trillion. Is that a money you get easily? The budget is between N7trillion to N8trillion, if we give only Lagos-Kano the sum of N4trillion then we will be giving half of the budget and we won’t be able to pay salaries.

“So it is a gradual process, that’s why we want to rehabilitate the narrow gauge so that while we are slowly constructing the standard gauge, things will be running on the narrow gauge,” he said.

Amaechi added that the project when completed, will boost socio-economic activities in the country.

He also disclosed that the Federal Government is rehabilitating the narrow gauge rail lines to enable the trains shuttle between the south to the northern part of the country pending the completion of the standard gauge.

Credit:
Channels TV

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/11/lagos-kano-railway-project-will-cost.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by AutoReportNG: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
Thats Nigeria's budget in a year
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Aldebaran(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Avenue to siphon money...

Well ,still better than PDP's 16 crazy years

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Niyeal(m): 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
Omg
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by mekaboy(m): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
Of niger delta money?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by fishmillan: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
Why?? Are you trying to build another country ...
4 trillion naira , this country is finished...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Officialpdpnig: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Thats Nigeria's budget in a year

Construction of this magnitude is very expensive. This is why the opportunity we missed when oil prices were very high during the era of PDP to build our much needed infrastructure, they ended up focused on being a lootocratic government.

All of this would have been concluded long ago and today that the naira value is low you would get a high cost for constructions as 4 trillion.

Previous governments failed us but this government is tredding the right path .

Imagine Kano to Lagos rail and not that alone, every state capital would be touched by this rail revolution. Tell me how cost of food and other services will not drop as conveyance becomes quicker, cheaper and faster too.

Abeg I love this NEXT LEVEL

5 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Racoon(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
shocked shocked Half of Nigeria's budget? Next level looting continues.Kick out these criminals.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by obembet(f): 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
Amechi, I hope u and buhari will not finish this country one day

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Holumhidey(m): 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
4 trillion naira..... is it a railway that leads to heaven or what??
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by rottennaija(m): 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
Honestly! I don't understand if most people commenting on nairaland are kids or are adults that knows nothing or are just commenting their emotions. Any, I had decided to be on the side lines watching what this government is doing... So far, I am impressed.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by rottennaija(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
obembet:
Amechi, I hope u and buhari will not finish this country one day

How much do you think the project should cost?
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
rottennaija:
Honestly! I don't understand if most people commenting on nairaland are kids or are adults that knows nothing or are just commenting their emotions. Any, I had decided to be on the side lines watching what this government is doing... So far, I am impressed.

You're impressed because you're an APC crew .

4 trillion naira is way for too much , Habba

Apc wants to loot this country dry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by otokx(m): 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2018
They should give it to competent private hands.
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Tell us how much the project should cost.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by olujastro: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
fishmillan:
Why?? Are you trying to build another country ...
4 trillion naira , this country is finished...

Don't let the crumbling value of the naira confuse you. It's about the same cost as the Lagos-Calabar rail line which is about $11b (N4tr).

Same way PDP has been trying to fool Nigerians by comparing their borrowings with that of this govt in naira, and claiming this govt borrowed in 3.5yrs what they borrowed in 16yrs. N11tr vs N11tr.
Whereas in USD, this govt has borrowed $10b compared to GEJ's $30b and PDP's $63b.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by OfficialAPCNGR: 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
for a man who built a monorail to nowhere in 8 years....the figure is modest from amechi

That Monorail to nowhere is a white elephant project. Amaechi should have learnt from Lagos and Abuja who are building a light rail. In sane societies, Amaechi should have been forced to resign on account of that very wasteful mis-adventure. Tens of billions of naira, gone down the drain just like that

https://www.nairaland.com/1801158/rivers-state-monorail-loading
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by OfficialAPCNGR: 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
redsquare:
What's the noise about this monorail? Amaechi is a criminal. They have started installing trains when the project is still far from completion. Just from Aggrey road/Lagos bus stop to UTC bus stop, a distance of less than 1 km. Who is deceiving who? APC is a failure.
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Ttipsy(f): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
mekaboy:
Of niger delta money?
na our money na.. abi na.
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by OfficialAPCNGR: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Dominiquez:
I am quietly waiting for this monorail to cross mile 1 fly-over. Which is not feasible.

Amaechi is a crook, why fix train on something that you've not achieved 20% success. As you told us during ground-breaking ceremony that this will get to Eleme Junction.
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by OfficialAPCNGR: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
FreeGlobe:
what a waste. RAmaechi should be stoned. This project will never be completed, despite billions wasted on it. smh

talktimi:
bros I dey vex. This so called monorail project is just a load of marvelous bull sh.it and iv observed the only people applauding it like demented cows are those who are not even based in Rivers state. Amaechi is a scam artist and this is just one of his price works rivaled only by his clinotech of Canada fraud during his first tenure. I dey laugh sha
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by OfficialAPCNGR: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
BankeSmalls:
Embezzlement

talktimi:
I dont know whether to say you're funny or to call you a deluded clown. I've noticed one thing with your ilk and that is, you guys dont like anyone criticizing your party lords but I dont play that way. My tongue lashing is for every politician who defaults no matter the divide he or she falls into. That said, I would like you to please find out the size of the economy of Osaka compared to Port Harcourt and say with ALL honesty if we really need an expensive as hell monorail or a more cost effective tramline system like I and other sane minds have advocated for. In the write up you quoted, it is said the Osaka line opened at an initial 6.6km compared to the roughly 1km Amaechi wants us to start with which some people in buses plying the route right now beg conductors to take 30 naira as fare from utc to Lagos bus stop. Now I ask you, of what economic importance is this 1km to us right now ? For crying out loud, if these politicians call us fools, dont you as an ordinary member of the populace dare call us fools too. This is a state finding it difficult to pay Timariv staff, this is a state finding it difficult to pay 13000 teachers it forcefully employed last yr against conventional wisdom from the ministry of education and you're telling me to be happy about this charade ? Thanks but no thanks bro. Only next time, dont you dare call me a tribalist for speaking the truth. Meanwhile ask your boss what he and Samson Parker did with the Clinotech funds that was released. We're still waiting for our "mega hospital"
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by rottennaija(m): 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

You can think anything you want. I have no time for ideas like yours
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by wristbangle: 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
That's about $11 billion. Haba nau! Kilode
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
Stealing on my mind
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
olujastro:

Don't let the crumbling value of the naira confuse you. It's about the same cost as the Lagos-Calabar rail line which is about $11b (N4tr).

Same way PDP has been trying to fool Nigerians by comparing their borrowings with that of this govt in naira, and claiming this govt borrowed in 3.5yrs what they borrowed in 16yrs. N11tr vs N11tr.
Whereas in USD, this govt has borrowed $10b compared to GEJ's $40b and PDP's $63b.
Re: Lagos-Kano Railway Project Will Cost N4trillion – Amaechi by bitcoin215: 11:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
You guys should not even try this.Elephant project that might not even be completed in the next 10 to 20 years. It will be like the case of monorail which amaechi started when he was in government in Rivers state.The money paid but the project didn't see the light of day.

AmeachI is again trying to gather money for his boss in ado rock

(1) (Reply)

Unoma Akpabio’s Desperation To Become Akwa Ibom First Lady Again / VIDEO: Atiku Struggled To Gain Entrance To His Campaign Rally In Kano / AIT Whatsapp No. For Election Monitoring: 0905-009-8047, 0908-762-8077

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.