Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC (22378 Views)

Abba Gida-gida Issues Executive Orders To Probe Ganduje / Bribery Video: Ganduje Enjoys Immunity From Prosecution – Buhari / SERAP Gives Buhari 14 Days Ultimatum To Probe Ganduje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Limitednow: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has stated why it is not probing Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, over allegations of corruption.

Mr Ganduje has been seen recently in series of video clips receiving wraps of dollars from an undisclosed person.

Daily Nigerian, the news portal which published the videos alleged that the governor was receiving kickbacks from contractors of the state government in the video clips.

The Kano State Assembly probing the matter has so far suspended its investigation due to court injunctions instituted by the governor who has so far denied the allegation saying the videos showing him receiving bribe were cloned.

For the anti-graft agency, Ganduje still enjoys immunity as benefits of being in office and this has made the commission turn a blind eye to the allegation.

“The governor is still serving and constitutionally is covered by immunity,” the EFCC tweeted on Friday during a tweet meet organised by Tap Nitiative for Citizens Development, a public accountability think-tank.

“Being that as it may, the matter is in the instance sub judice.”

When asked why the commission probed former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose while he was still in office, the EFCC said it does not make public its findings of investigation.

While Fayose belongs to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ganduje is of the ruling All Progressive Congress, (APC).

“The EFCC normally doesn’t give out information on investigations,” the handle said.

“Investigation of anyone for an alleged fraud remains a covert process,” it added.

According to the online publication, the videos recorded in 2017 was aimed at beaming the spotlight on the governor’s alleged penchant for contract racketeering.

The medium said it has about 12 of the clips with six of it already in the public domain. A court injunction has halted the release of the remaining videos.

The anti-graft agency had last week skipped questions when asked its position of the video when the acting chairman of the commission, Ibrahim Magu, celebrated 3 years in office.

President Muhammadu Buhari has described Ganduje as a responsible fellow in the midst of the allegation.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/bribery-video-we-cant-probe-ganduje-because-he-enjoys-immunity-efcc/

2 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by elchariotlp: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
Let them keep deceiving themselves.

A different law applies to Fayose because he is in PDP while Gaduje is a Next Level Champion.

Nigeria we hail thee

312 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by ehhmah(m): 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
good
Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by servercodes001: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
The Nigerian system of government is solely designed to favour and protect thieves
Which kind of nonsense is Immunity

Mtschww
Spits

179 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by selectedhero(m): 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
However far lies run, truth will always catch up. These double standards will surely end come February 2019.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by TrueLEADER: 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
But while Fayose was still enjoying Immunity, you took him to court, freeze his account, freeze the account of the state govt, issue travel ban and enlisted him in Security Watch List........

You guys are undignified.

You guys are inglorious.

Fastly becoming the errand agency of a grossly incompetent and visionless government.

Shame on you.

417 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by kernel001: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
Wow! EFCC Chai! Why did you investigate Fayose, Udoh and Benue state governor?

119 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by socialmediaman: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by annnikky(f): 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
Efcc and hypocrisy are like twins.. Why not give him the same treatment that given to fayose when he was in office undecided oh I forgot that he still a saint until defected to another then his sins will be made known to the public.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by balanceofterror1(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
angry

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Larryfest(m): 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hmmm.... but he said the video was photo shopped and edited even when it's glaring to everyone..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Racoon(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
-1)."President Muhammadu Buhari......has mentioned that Kano State governor, Umar Ganduje is a responsible leader despite allegations of the governor receiving bribes putting his position in question...."
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/kano-gov-is-very-responsible-buhari-passes-vote-of-confidence-on-ganduje/amp

-2)."...Ganduje Also, a high-ranking member of the state chapter of party claimed the alleged dollar bribes were donations made for political campaigns in the state...."
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/we-wont-substitute-ganduje-over-bribe-allegation-apc/

-3).“Personally I would like to see the contractor come out and say ‘yes I am the one and I gave him so and so amount’. I would like to see that but that has not yet happened.

In any case, when it comes to the investigation of the governor, I think we have institutions that have been established for that. We have the EFCC particularly for that.

https://punchng.com/kano-assembly-not-equipped-to-probe-ganduje-says-sagay/
EFCC failed to probe Maina, Oshiomole,Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari among many high profile APC corruption but continue to target the opposition because of its overt bias nature.

EFCC of course cant prosecute Gov.Ganduje for now but nothing stops it from investigating this sleazy dollar bribe taking scandal and thereafter prosecute him when his tenure ends in 2019.

Of course Buhari's endorsement of Gov.Ganduje despite his corruption moral baggage is responsible for this belated but overtly bias response by the EFCC.What a shame!

Continue! Whatsoever goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Karma is a real.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by ivandragon: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
lol ...

& some retarded toddlers claiming to be grown, sensible men would come here to spew trash claiming how the so called anticorruption fight is holistic...

like I always say, you can't be a buharideen & have s conscience... it is an anathema...

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
We can’t get better at all

2 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by bitcoin215: 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
Bit before fayose left the government,you guys were through in word up and down.Now it comes to you guys,EFCC can't even utter a word concerning it..

check below

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Liamm(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
Immunity kee you there

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by sukerefakere(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
This country is doomed

I officially rest my case and henceforth deny my citizenship

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by XaintJoel20: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
Was it another EFCC that froze Fayose's account as a sitting governor, and went as far as putting him on security watch list to prevent him from leaving the country.

Fayose was sent invitation letter to appear at EFCC's office even when his tenure hasn't elapse.

Please, which EFCC froze the account of Benue and Akwa Ibom states.

Less I forgot, it Gambia's EFCC.

APC's double standard in trying corrupt cases would greatly impede their success in the forthcoming general elections.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by Pidginwhisper: 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
Immunity be Damned! angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by BruncleZuma: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by israelmao(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
Impeachment will constitutionally resolved it.
Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by codedguy1(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
This is blatantly hypocritical, right in our faces.

How people manage to still support this govt after all these is beyond me.

SMH.

30 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by kidman96(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
adisabarber:
I still wonder how Buhari still has supporters
codedguy1:
This failed s blatantly hypocritical, right in our faces.

How people manage to still support this govt after all these is beyond me.

SMH.
sukerefakere:
This country is doomed

I officially rest my case and henceforth deny my citizenship
bitcoin215:
Bit before fayose left the government,you guys were through in word up and down.Now it comes to you guys,EFCC can't even utter a word concerning it..

check below
ivandragon:
lol ...

& some retarded toddlers claiming to be grown, sensible men would come here to spew trash claiming how the so called anticorruption fight is holistic...

like I always say, you can't be a buharideen & have s conscience... it is an anathema...

Racoon:

EFCC failed to probe Maina, Oshiomole,Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari among many high profile APC corruption but continue to target the opposition because of its overt bias nature.

EFCC of course cant prosecute Gov.Ganduje for now but they nothing stops them from investigating this sleazy dollar bribe taking scandal.

Continue! Whatsoever goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Karma is a real.
annnikky:
Efcc and hypocrisy are like twins.. Why not give him the same treatment that given to fayose when he was in office undecided oh I forgot that he still a saint until defected to another then his sins will be made known to the public.
kernel001:
Wow! EFCC Chai! Why did you investigate Fayose, Udoh and Benue state governor?
TrueLEADER:
But while Fayose was still enjoying Immunity, you took him to court, freeze his account, freeze the account of the state govt, issue travel ban and enlisted him in Security Watch List........

You guys are undignified.

You guys are inglorious.

Fastly becoming the errand agency of a grossly incompetent and visionless government.

Shame on you.
selectedhero:
However far lies run, truth will always catch up. These double standards will surely end come February 2014.

Those that will commit suicide when PMB wins next year...

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by simple250: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Say No to next level

Say no to articulated

Say yes to revolution the way to go embarassed

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by mytime24(f): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Apc

Den for theives

8 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by kidman96(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
elchariotlp:
Let them keep deceiving themselves.

A different law applies to Fayose because he is in PDP while Gaduje is a Next Level Champion.

Nigeria we hail thee

Fayose is no longer a sitting governor. Stop being a fool.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by gentlegenius(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
EFCC is fast becoming a liability under Jubril El-Mohammadu Tanko Aminu Al-Sudani...
Atiku will have to privatise EFCC before NNPC. But before that is done, the Jubril and his gang will have to face the rod of EFCC. The imposter must not escape back to Sudan after his defeat.

18 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by IrokoOluwere: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
Only dead brain people don’t know already

2 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by IrokoOluwere: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
kidman96:

Fayose is no longer a sitting governor. Stop being a fool.
You get time sha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by kidman96(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
selectedhero:
However far lies run, truth will always catch up. These double standards will surely end come February 2014.

Keep going backwards... That's the direction you will always go

3 Likes

Re: Bribery Video: We Can’t Probe Ganduje Because He Enjoys Immunity – EFCC by adisabarber(m): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2018
I still wonder how Buhari still has supporters

51 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Are The Phone Numbers Of All DIG,AIG And Police Commissioners In Nigeria / Saraki's CCT Trial ; Latest Proceeding Delay Tactics Thrown Out... / NAF Commissions New Facilities In Markudi And Benin City (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.