Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper (1177 Views)

Edo 2024: Philip Shaibu Declares Governorship Bid Under PDP / Throwback Poster Of Rochas Okorocha Campaigning Under PDP For Imo Governor / Presidency Releases ‘checklist’ On Killings Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
PDP ‘baggage’ will not allow good intentions to thrive, says Donald Duke
Published

November 22, 2018
Mr. Donald Duke, the presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party says the Peoples Democratic Party “baggage” will not allow for good performance if its candidate emerges winner of the 2019 presidential election in 2019.

Duke told newsmen on Thursday in Lagos that no matter how good a candidate’s intentions are, the person cannot perform is he becomes president on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Recall that Duke was a presidential aspirant of the PDP, but left to pick the SDP ticket.

“Even if I emerge the PDP presidential candidate and win the election, the huge baggage the party carries will not allow me to do well.

“The corruption is huge. You need to be completely unshackled to perform amidst such obstacles without being pulled down,” he said

Duke said that the baggage talk was not to score a political point, but a fact he knew, being a former staunch member of the PDP.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/pdp-baggage-will-not-allow-good-intentions-to-thrive-says-donald-duke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by socialmediaman: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
Campaign lyrics! Wasn’t he said to be a good governor from same PDP party?

The focus for 2019 election is the presidential election. Buhari Must Go!
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by GavelSlam: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin

PDP must rebrand and excommunicate the old guard under a new canopy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by madridguy(m): 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by GavelSlam: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
socialmediaman:

Well celebrated as a state executive. He had absolute power in his state. Yet at the centre, he met vermin, foxes and beasts.

You can say anything you want, but Duke was an outstanding governor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by kestolove95(m): 9:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
I done forget sai dix one even dey d race sef
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by NonsoWow: 9:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
Honestly, the PDP are over-estimating their relevance. They think that Nigerians have forgotten their 16 years of misrule so soon. Donald Duke would have been the ideal choice to become next president but the most annoying thing is that it is the same PDP that are trying to rubbish him in the eyes of Nigerians because they never want anything or person that will make this country progress. It is the same way they are attacking Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Sowore etc. It is better Buhari continues than allowing the PDP evil cabal to take hold of this country again.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Officialpdpnig: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
Matters arising

The corruption is huge. You need to be completely unshackled to perform amidst such obstacles without being pulled down,” he said

Duke said that the baggage talk was not to score a political point, but a fact he knew, being a former staunch member of the PDP

PDP is a cancer of immense proportions

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by seunmsg(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2018

“Even if I emerge the PDP presidential candidate and win the election, the huge baggage the party carries will not allow me to do well.

PDP is a rotten platform with a discredited candidate. The joke is on all Nigerians if we allow a rogue like Atiku and other corrupt PDP cretins to take over power at the federal level.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Larryfest(m): 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
NonsoWow:
Honestly, the PDP are over-estimating their relevance. They think that Nigerians have forgotten their 16 years of misrule so soon. Donald Duke would have been the ideal choice to become next president but the most annoying thing is that it is the same PDP that are trying to rubbish him in the eyes of Nigerians because they never want anything or person that will make this country progress. It is the same way they are attacking Muoghalu, Ezekwesili, Sowore etc. It is better Buhari continues than allowing the PDP evil cabal to take hold of this country again.
Ahah.... Buhari can only get worse as he as shown in the last 3years or so now and i don't see him improving on anything except on the blame game, the next level agenda is going to disastrous for this country cos everything is going to shut down. Already the economy is down education is also down soon labour is going down too so why should we wait for his next level
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by FarahAideed: 9:25pm On Nov 22, 2018
Says a a fool who cut his political teeth with the PDP and made his fortune as a two term PDP governor ... I remain adamant that this man and the useless bitter witch Oby are all working for the Dullard
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by madridguy(m): 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2018
So he's also working for Buhari? Thank God Shiloh 2018 is around the corner. Don't miss it bro.

FarahAideed:
Says a a fool who cut his political teeth with the PDP and made his fortune as a two term PDP governor ... I remain adamant that this man and the useless bitter witch Oby are all working for the Dullard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by FarahAideed: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
madridguy:
So he's also working for Buhari? Thank God Shiloh 2018 is around the corner. Don't miss it bro.

Wallahi I was just discussing Shiloh before I saw your comment ..you are in the spirit..Buhari must Go!!!
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
Were you envious of Jonathan or Not?
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by GavelSlam: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
madridguy:

grin
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by NonsoWow: 9:32pm On Nov 22, 2018
Larryfest:

Ahah.... Buhari can only get worse as he as shown in the last 3years or so now and i don't see him improving on anything except on the blame game, the next level agenda is going to disastrous for this country cos everything is going to shut down. Already the economy is down education is also down soon labour is going down too so why should we wait for his next level
The 16 years of PDP's misrule which included the 5 years of Jonathan's open looting governance, in addition to the drastic drop in oil prices, took their toll on Buhari's first 4 years. Things are now beginning to stabilize and can only get better. At least there is hope that Nigeria can begin on a fresh path after Buhari's 8 years are over rather than the prospect of getting stuck again with the PDP vicious cycle of corruption, looting and undevelopment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by buhariguy(m): 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
OK

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by buhariguy(m): 9:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
socialmediaman:

that baggage that make thief obj and ineffectual buffoon to fail will also make even Jesus to fail if he is in PDP

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by buhariguy(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Larryfest:

are you still a pupil,
So you don't know what cause ASUU strike and what labour want,. And you don't even mature enough to know the cause of economy to be down
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by kodded(m): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
buhariguy:
that baggage that make thief obj and ineffectual buffoon to fail will also make even Jesus to fail if he is in PDP

prophet Mohammed is a serial failure undecided
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by socialmediaman: 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2018
NonsoWow:
The 16 years of PDP's misrule which included the 5 years of Jonathan's open looting governance, in addition to the drastic drop in oil prices, took their toll on Buhari's first 4 years. Things are now beginning to stabilize and can only get better. At least there is hope that Nigeria can begin on a fresh path after Buhari's 8 years are over rather than the prospect of getting stuck again with the PDP vicious cycle of corruption, looting and undevelopment.

This your excuse sounds so old and flimsy. Wonder if you really believe it or you’re just a Buharideen. OBJ should also have been complaining to Nigerians about 40+ years of Military misrule and looting, they left nothing in the treasury for him, didn’t they?
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by dokunbam(m): 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
From Duke too

Atiku/PDP can't survive these punches

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by buhariguy(m): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2018
kodded:

I use Jesus as an example because is only Christ I worship.
That if Jesus is pdp candidate , I will reject him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by kodded(m): 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:
I use Jesus as an example because is only Christ I worship.
That if Jesus is pdp candidate , I will reject him.
[/s]

you this impostor.... jesuslovesyou

stop denying your Muslim faith undecided

1 Like

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

But your life never improved wen pdp was in power I don't see ur life still improving under dis govt cos u s stagnant water

And d man u calling fools has move ahead of ur miserable life

I will forever prefer him Dan d lootocrazy man u want to put as d head of ur family

Have a good day stagnant life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
kodded:

You will forever b a failure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by blacknp(m): 11:42pm On Nov 22, 2018
socialmediaman:

How without a voters card,Empty Barrel?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by millhouse: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
All these paid APC candidates ...mtseeew , is pdp the incumbent here ?? Imagine Oby and duke .. all they do all morning is castigate a fellow opponent like them in the general elections .. morning till night all they talk about is pdp as if pdp is the ruling party .. yeye Dey smell .
Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by kolaaderin: 12:44am On Nov 23, 2018
life2017:
PDP ‘baggage’ will not allow good intentions to thrive, says Donald Duke
Published

November 22, 2018
Mr. Donald Duke, the presidential candidate of the Social Democratic Party says the Peoples Democratic Party “baggage” will not allow for good performance if its candidate emerges winner of the 2019 presidential election in 2019.

Duke told newsmen on Thursday in Lagos that no matter how good a candidate’s intentions are, the person cannot perform is he becomes president on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Recall that Duke was a presidential aspirant of the PDP, but left to pick the SDP ticket.

“The corruption is huge. You need to be completely unshackled to perform amidst such obstacles without being pulled down,” he said

Duke said that the baggage talk was not to score a political point, but a fact he knew, being a former staunch member of the PDP.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/pdp-baggage-will-not-allow-good-intentions-to-thrive-says-donald-duke

PDP and Atiku would flamed out before January with all his punches from all angles. The character of Atiku and the history trailing PDP is seriously an unsellable idea to the sane people of this country. What do I know. PDP belongs to LAWMA and Atiku remain a trash for the LAWMA to discard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by ngbaki: 1:53am On Nov 23, 2018
Whenever I read from you guys, hope in my country's future is rekindled. It's refreshing to know that there are still guys who think out there. To put it succinctly, we just can't afford to return to Egypt, no matter how difficult it may seem at the moment, we can only look ahead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Oblang(m): 2:35am On Nov 23, 2018
ngbaki:
Whenever I read from you guys, hope in my country's future is rekindled. It's refreshing to know that there are still guys who think out there. To put it succinctly, we just can't afford to return to Egypt, no matter how difficult it may seem at the moment, we can only look ahead.

Like seriously, PDP should never be an option..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Good Intentions can't thrive under PDP-Donald Duke saysPunch newspaper by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 23, 2018
Front page

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Tinubu, Ambode At Swearing-in Ceremony Of Lagos New Hos / After Dealing With Oshiomhole, MC Oluomo Is Saraki's Next Target / Edo Sahara Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.