Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,608 members, 7,823,639 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday (11782 Views)

Oyo Lawmakers Dress In Amotekun Attire To Pass Bill Into Law / Insecurity: Reps Pass Motion Urging All Service Chiefs To Resign / Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by Balyz: 5:49am On Nov 23, 2018
Excellent!! June 12 is my birthday so now i get to spend the whole day off duty enjoying myself grin grin
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by ngadaAwo: 6:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Balyz:
Excellent!! June 12 is my birthday so now i get to spend the whole day off duty enjoying myself grin grin
cheesy
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by kellyboo: 6:22am On Nov 23, 2018
Nice one
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:53am On Nov 23, 2018
While I like the idea of June 12 being our democracy day and would welcome any chance to be away from work (trust me Lagos traffic will get you feeling this way), Nigerians must be honest about who Abiola was.

He was a serial coup sponsor and IBB and Abacha knew how corrupt and scheming Abiola was and of course they being the northern hegemony would never have handed power over to him under any circumstances.

We love celebrating criminals and evil people in this country that's why the Otuoke man GEJ gave Abacha the centenary award in 2010.

Nigeria hates and abhors the truth and we can never grow that way.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by drdan777(m): 7:09am On Nov 23, 2018
But we as a Nation have more important and urgent needs to attend to than changing the date for so called democracy day.
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 23, 2018
When Buhari leaves next year may 29th would be declared public holiday also and tagged “ Buhari Suffering Day”
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by Oloripelebe: 8:12am On Nov 23, 2018
EnzoAmore:

Useless Man. How does this concern IPOB? Why are you Yorubas so uselessly tribalistic? Dem swear for una? Why not celebrate the holiday and leave Igbos out of it? Ewu!

U can as well wail to the next level... Oloripelebe
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by YUZARSIF90: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2018
?? angry?] the major culprit Babangida is now a vegetable in his house in minnagringrin
his loot couldnt buy him legs to attend functions. [/quote]
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by Surfboard(m): 10:53am On Nov 23, 2018
TheRealestGuy:
While I like the idea of June 12 being our democracy day and would welcome any chance to be away from work (trust me Lagos traffic will get you feeling this way), Nigerians must be honest about who Abiola was.

He was a serial coup sponsor and IBB and Abacha knew how corrupt and scheming Abiola was and of course they being the northern hegemony would never have handed power over to him under any circumstances.

We love celebrating criminals and evil people in this country that's why the Otuoke man GEJ gave Abacha the centenary award in 2010.

Nigeria hates and abhors the truth and we can never grow that way.

It is well.

Yes, the man Abiola was all these things you've written and more, but his rightful win at the polls were truncated. That's what the June 12 movement has been all about. Most democratic elections don't produce saints as winners but produce the most popular candidate in all ramifications.

Everyone's rights should be protected, that's the way for us to live as a better society.
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by CaptainFM1: 11:52am On Nov 23, 2018
davodyguy:

When were you born? Your post depicts you're a kid.
In 1993 there was no election umpire called INEC.
2. Professor Humphrey Nwosu came out publicly to say as the chairman of of the electoral body MKO Abiola won the election, but they called him to stop the announcement of the results. Before the returning officer announces results, votes would have been collated, sorted and counted, they'll only be announcing state by state like Jega did on 31st of March, 2015.

I'm sure you're an Igbo guy. You guys are filled with hate and would never rule NIGERIA again

Nwosu reaffirms Abiola as winner of June 12 poll

Don't be rude. I'm not a kid. I need not tell you that I actually voted in 1993...So you can estimate my age now. I dont like to be tribal, but to put the record straight I'm a Yoruba both by blood and origin.

The body saddled with electioneering in 1993 is NEC...National Electoral Commission, which is what transformed to INEC. All result and data whether the election was conducted by FEC, NECON or NEC will be in custody of the new body.

That been said, let's even say INEC is so crude that monkey or snake has eaten all the records, how about FG? Is there no ministry saddled with keeping records? Ok, MKO won, by how many votes By speculated figures here and there. We need to be fact based and not just be in a hurry to conclusion.

Remember, there was no WAEC when Buhari sat for school cert..., but WAEC still issue him attestation of result in 2018!

If you have any credible fact(s) as well as the "source" anywhere you can send me. I will be glad to read from you.
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
davodyguy:

When were you born? Your post depicts you're a kid.
In 1993 there was no election umpire called INEC.
2. Professor Humphrey Nwosu came out publicly to say as the chairman of of the electoral body MKO Abiola won the election, but they called him to stop the announcement of the results. Before the returning officer announces results, votes would have been collated, sorted and counted, they'll only be announcing state by state like Jega did on 31st of March, 2015.

I'm sure you're an Igbo guy. You guys are filled with hate and would never rule NIGERIA again

Nwosu reaffirms Abiola as winner of June 12 poll
So the guy that announced the results is from where
Igbo guy filled with hate Anumpam
Re: Reps Pass Bill To Make June 12 A National Holiday by panpan(m): 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2018
Declaring a national holiday for democracy, whether May 29 or June 12, is not necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sen. Magnus Abe Lacks Political Intelligence - APC Senatorial Candidate / Governor Ugwuanyi's Campaigns In Nkanu East / Dankwambo, Ademola Adeleke, Olakunle Churchill Nominated For African Icon Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.