Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,197 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:07 PM

Arsenal Were In Decline, Lost Structure Under Arsene Wenger – Unai Emery - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Were In Decline, Lost Structure Under Arsene Wenger – Unai Emery (311 Views)

Is Messi Still Good Enough For A Big Price Tag Or Is He In Decline? / Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Unai Emery Set To Be Appointed New Arsenal Manager Replacing Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Were In Decline, Lost Structure Under Arsene Wenger – Unai Emery by ishoras(m): 1:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Unai Emery believes Arsenal were in decline towards the end of Arsene Wenger's 22-year reign and "had to change things".

The Gunners will resume Premier League action following the international break with a trip to Bournemouth on Sunday, looking to extend a 16-match unbeaten run in all competitions.

Arsenal failed to finish in the top four for the first time under Wenger in the 2016/17 season and again missed out on the Champions League places in the Frenchman's final season in charge. Emery praised Wenger's achievements at Arsenal but says a loss of a "defensive structure" was the reason behind the club's struggles in his later years at the helm "I met once with [Wenger], and little else. I respect him a lot, but no matter how much info he gave me, I had to change things," Emery told Marca.

"I told the players: 'We started at kilometre zero'. Even now, four months later, I still say it: 'We are in the beginning!'. "Before Wenger arrived, Arsenal celebrated the 1-0 (win) and was based on defensive solidity. Then with Arsene, joy was turned into attack, with players of good standing, and the perfect combination was 'The Invincibles'," he said.

"But over time, only technical quality and offensive freedom were taken care of, and the team lost the defensive structure. "What I want is to unite both essences and be more competitive. The Arsenal was in decline. We had to stop it and start climbing."

visit http://sportsmetro.net for more latest news on arsenal

Re: Arsenal Were In Decline, Lost Structure Under Arsene Wenger – Unai Emery by Cutefergieee: 2:29am On Nov 23, 2018
Ok
Re: Arsenal Were In Decline, Lost Structure Under Arsene Wenger – Unai Emery by bestpunterever: 8:11am On Nov 23, 2018
See dis mumu that has never won any big match for the gunners.

(1) (Reply)

Paris Saint-germain Set To Sign David De Gea On A Free Transfer In The Summer / Football Bankers Prediction / Death Camps Affected Him Grey Cup Live Streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.