Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

2019: Obasanjo Speaks On Meeting Osinbajo Behind Closed Door - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo Speaks On Meeting Osinbajo Behind Closed Door (246 Views)

Obasanjo Speaks On EndSARS Protests, Urges Youths To Stop The Protests / FEC Meeting: Osinbajo Commits ‘Blunder’, Says Economic Instead Of Executive / IG Keeps Mum After Meeting Osinbajo, AGF, DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019: Obasanjo Speaks On Meeting Osinbajo Behind Closed Door by nairafame(m): 9:26am On Nov 23, 2018
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has reacted to reports in the media that he held a meeting with Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo at his Ota Farm, Ogun State, on Wednesday.

Reports circulated during the week of a meeting between Obasanjo, Osinbajo, and the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.

But in a statement signed by his media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, on Friday, the former President said the report was false.

“It is a fact that severally, the former president has dissociated himself from owning any social media account.

“Therefore, it is highly disappointing that such sensitive Twitter post would be allowed to go on air without verification by the African Independent Television (AIT),” the statement stated.

Obasanjo further urged the media to always be professional in discharging their duties and to refrain from creating unnecessary confusion and heating up the polity.

He added, “There was no meeting with the Vice President anywhere. I was at the airport and was informed that he was around in the lounge and out of courtesy; ged pleasantries and I left. That was all.

“The station should have been very professional and not causing confusion and heating up the polity. That I am not operating any social media account should not be strange to a station like AIT, and for that embarrassment, the Vice President and I deserve an apology,” Mr Obasanjo said.
Source:
http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/former-president-olusegun-obasanjo-has.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Can 'voluntary Colonialism' Stop Migration From Africa To Europe? / Atiku Culture-oriented, Humble Leader, Says Obasanjo / Buhari Spent N100 Million On ‘next Level’, Ignored Soldiers Welfare - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.