Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,699 members, 7,823,969 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study In The University (1292 Views)

List Of Topics You Should Study For Biology JAMB UTME (2022 Syllabus) / 10 Top Funniest And Most Stupid Question Asked On The Internet(pictures) / 5 Reasons Why You Should Study At Benson Idahosa University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study In The University by SIAGlobe(m): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
[10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study in The University]

10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study…The Essence of University Education; This Article Will Be Focusing on 10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study in The University.

[10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study in The University]

According to Wikipedia, a university is an institution of higher education and research which awards academic degrees in various academic disciplines. Universities typically provide undergraduate education and postgraduate education. It is also a place where academic pursuit for certificate is attained.

However, every and any admission seeker would make university his or her first choice before considering other options available to explore. People want to enjoy the best opportunities life has to offer when it comes to academic institutions, and as such the rate of JAMB Forms registering university have been on the increase over the years. To be sure, with these 10 Top Reasons, whatever will be discussed here is purely from the standpoint of personal experience as to why university should be your choice environment of study. As I walked through the university, I discovered 10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study in The University, and I’m going to share with you right away.

10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study in The University:

A Higher Education Qualification: University qualification makes you more attractive before your future employers in the sense that you will be more preferred above when it comes to certification. The labour market is more interested in university graduates than any other institution. Most often, graduates with BA or B.sc tend to be favoured in such a way that they are placed in the A-list of big companies and their earnings or salary is always attractive. It also shows that you have the ability and self-motivation to learn at a higher level, and the dedication to see your course through to the end.

Better Career Prospect: Have you observed that there are many courses offered in the university that are not seen in polytechnics? Why? This is one of the reasons why students opt for university education. Before you crucify me hear me out, I’m not saying that polytechnic education is bad or not recommended, of course most highly technical and statistical courses are best studied in polytechnics! What I’m saying in the context of this subheading is that you have a better opportunity to actually study the discipline of your choice. Certain A-List Careers are discovered and picked in the university because of the value placed on it. So if you already have the foreknowledge of what you want to do after graduating, a vocational degree can significantly add value to your job prospects at the same time as giving you professional skills and knowledge relevant to your future career.

Valuable Employ-ability Skills: The truth is in our modern world, employers frequently look out for the key skills that you work, groom or develop in the duration of your degree pursuit in the university; such as communication skills, teamwork, problem solving and information technology. University education will open you up to opportunity as this.

Personal Development Time: University is an environment where students are naturally exposed to practices that will enhance personal worth through personal development. When it comes to time allocated to personal development, university education encourages that. University lets you develop as an individual, certain skills. It gives you the time and opportunity to nurture new interests, learn new skills and meet new people. Especially if you are a newbie away from home and around campus, you’ll become more solo and self-reliant. You’ll also have space to incubate an idea of the path you want to take after graduation.

An Environment of Opportunities: You will have the opportunity to actualize your dreams by meeting new people from all walks of life, thereby expanding your horizon and stretching your capacity to accommodate prospect responsibilities and purpose. When facing new challenges, you will make use of the huge range of new activities, clubs and societies on offer. You may even be able to take part of your course abroad and learn a new language and culture.

Work Experience: If you choose a vocational course, you will have the opportunity to undertake work placements in your chosen subject area. These placements not only give you hands-on experience in your potential future career, but also enable you to start building a network of industry contacts. This means that you could actually practice what you are to face after graduation; in other words you have a foreknowledge of your field of study thereby preparing you for a better work experience professionally in the labour market after school.
Flexible Learning Option: Another major reason why university education sounds appealing is that you have full control over your choice course of study. University doesn’t necessarily involve several years of full-time study in one place. Flexible study options lets you choose how and when you learn. These include part-time study, distance and online learning, work-based learning and study abroad options.

Talent Discoveries: So many people before admission into the university, never realized or understood the idea of talent maximization until they eventually had access into the university. Through university education, the world have received influx of gifted folks who have coloured the society with their talents. One of the most potent reasons (with proof) of studying at the university is the ability to maximize one’s gifts and potentials. For me personally, I knew I could do certain things, but I never really got the true scope of what talent was all about until I met certain folks in school that helped sharpened me.

Confidence and Self-Worth: Studying in the university gives you self-worth. There are certain people that were shy, not outspoken when they first gained admission into the university. But at graduation were quite a chatterbox. Some were even very timid that they couldn’t express themselves in public, but before the end of their stay in school, they’d probably steal your show. University education enhances confidence in self. It gives you the impression that you are the best choice any employer could opt for.

Excellent Spirit: Every student in the university strive to attain excellence in their course of study. There is a competitive spirit in the university that drives students toward exploring all possible and impossible strategies to come out the best. At university, because of the high competitiveness, students seem to imbibe the spirit of excellence through determination to study hard and graduate with good certificate so as to be in hot demand in the labour market, of course nobody will choose 2nd Class Upper over 1st Class graduate!

Conclusion

In conclusion, you will agree with me that in a place like Nigeria, companies prefer to spend money on employing university graduates because of the value they convey. Studying at the university, in a nutshell, gives you an edge over others who don’t roll in the same cadre with you. It is not a thing of partiality but a value-base selection in the labour market. If you are yet to be admitted, seek to study at the university. For those who are already in the polytechnic, go for direct entry and boost your certificate value.

See Also: National Universities Commission (NUC) Current Board Members Of Nigeria at [http://siaglobe.com]

Re: 10 Top Reasons Why You Should Study In The University by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
Honestly, don't sweat it. You are perfectly understood. But at times, the universe just kind of work everything out for you, regardless of qualification. Right, anyone?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

ABU Drama Village: Everything You Need To Know / Edulethics..........scholarships In Edtech. / Universities That Offer Cyber Security Course In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.