Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate (31577 Views)

Treason: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Comments On Obi, Datti / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by calamus(m): 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by grandstar(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
Newpride:
This woman shld face her dead presidential ambition.

Buhari has no time debating with ur likes, u can debate with Sowore, Duke, Atiku and other failures in the race .

Buhari has gone to the NEXT LEVEL of greatness shocked

#NEXT LEVEL#

The Naira has plunged from 200 to 360 under Buhari's watch and Utomi, Soludo, Sanusi, Rewane and the organized private sector have condemned his policies.

The economy has barely grown 0.6% yearly under himq

3 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Nature8(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
Guyman02:
You expect Buhari to come and tell you about his Next Evil tongue

Lol
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Charmingrascal(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
Both Buhari and Atiku hav nothing to offer wat do u expect them to come and say at a debate wen Buhari and his party ar plagiarizing people agenda as theirs (next level) while Atiku who has nt won a term is havin a 2nd tenure agenda.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Nature8(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2018
kingemzy5:
i laff dis woman so you think someone that traded firewood and someone that rear cows will be interested in anything english

Lol grin
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by jshow(m): 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
What year did a sitting President attended a debate?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by israelmao(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Winning debate doesn't guarantee winning General elections in Nigeria.Americans bank so much on this as a decisive factor that defines the candidates'chances.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by dederocs(m): 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
It should be compulsory for any aspiring candidate to attend these debates, it is a form of interview... The National assembly should pass the bill on this.

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by meobizy(f): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
I hope we can now see how these men are ready to rule the country. I don’t blame them it’s the average Nigerian I do. With all our education it’s imbeciles we pick repeatedly to lead us.
I have never voted and never will. The illiterate sheep among us overcrowd the enlightened few.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Isobug: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2018
Newpride:

Buhari has no time debating with ur likes, u can debate with Sowore, Duke, Atiku and other failures in the race .

#NEXT LEVEL#

Zombie, Zombier,Zobiest.....gradually, you've risen to the 3rd
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Hamid7(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
They both aspire to become president but can't honour a simple invitation to debate. Buhari has never attended any presidential debate in previous elections and Atiku is following his foot steps. Both have the same interest and that's "sucking Nigeria further".

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Hamid7(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
jshow:
What year did a sitting President attended a debate?
Jonathan attended 2011 presidential debate.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by principalgee: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
After the madam don do lacram, but unfortunately no where no pour am.....
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by abuannur: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
tstx:
I'm sure Atiku had something important to attend to. But you see buhari.. Make i hear.. I still maintain what i said in a previous post..

If BUHARI show up for any debate whatsoever, even i will donate my kidneys to RED CROSS

One of my eyes to the ophthalmology department of Any school of RED CROSS's choosing.

And Finally my heart to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL..

Meanwhile y'all need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
African Hospitals Are Not Built For African Presidents, They are Built for the Ordinary Citizens
I will hold you responsible for your words when the time come. NEXT LEVEL pls
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Geeboy10(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
What if Buhari decides to honour any of the debate by sending Prof. Yemi Osinbajo? �
Who among these people can defeat him in a debate?
Interesting times ahead...
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Oblang(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
tstx:
I'm sure Atiku had something important to attend to. But you see buhari.. Make i hear.. I still maintain what i said in a previous post..

If BUHARI show up for any debate whatsoever, even i will donate my kidneys to RED CROSS

One of my eyes to the ophthalmology department of Any school of RED CROSS's choosing.

And Finally my heart to UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA TEACHING HOSPITAL..

Meanwhile y'all need to read this.. Especially if you are an African
African Hospitals Are Not Built For African Presidents, They are Built for the Ordinary Citizens

Hear urself. U are sure Atiku has something important to attend to but Buhari does not. Between a president and Atiku, who is likely to be busier?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Ayobami7(m): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
轮的比赛主场对阵天津泰达 回到主场 我们的第人 一起抵达战场 为我们的球队加油呐喊
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by PastorDannie(m): 8:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Newpride:

#NEXT LEVEL#
Bbuhari would not debate now o, soon we would see him reading script at Chatan house in Lnndon.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Bhol28: 10:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
"NEXT LEVEL"
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by ogundeleai(m): 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
Over 85% of effective voters in the North won't fancy TV or Radio debate,,, over 60% likewise in the south considered such as secondary... NIGERIA still need a long road to cover before such practices is rooted here
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by LukeSavage: 10:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
Fesomu:
i tire o. Buhari till 2023 though

Take it or leave it but your one of the problem in this country. Seeing evil and closing a blind eyes.

All I'll tell you is may your life be ruled like the way buhari ruled Nigeria For the pass 3 Years gbagam
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by 9jaArea: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
This your guy was absent too na

SouthWestBlood:
You can imagine. These 2 are what some Nigerians want to vote.

We say no to bad leadership by dunces. Nigeria is bigger than them.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by sunnysplash(m): 11:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
Very correct
Vahyela:

presently Atiku is in Yola for AUN founders day and his Turbanin as the 7th Waziri of Adamawa which will take place Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th Nov respectively... his bn absent is highly connected to dis..
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by somehow: 11:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
But none of the 2 missing major candidates is hausa.
oyebanji44:
Don't bother urself much ma..Nigeria politics is different from the world..the power is with the north now not the south.going to d debate is just a waste of time for the Hausas..
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Blue3k(m): 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2018
Lol Its funny how people are bashing buhari and covering for Atiku. I dont get the logic behind that. Oh well do ur best getting your name out there Ezekwesili.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by baralatie(m): 12:56am On Nov 24, 2018
kingemzy5:
i laff dis woman so you think someone that traded firewood and someone that rear cows will be interested in anything english
lmao
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by explorerwebs: 1:52am On Nov 24, 2018
MY FEEDBACK TO #LETSGETNIGERIAWORKINGAGAIN.

Greetings to you HE Atiku Abubakar Atiku Abubakar, It is with admiration that I painstakingly read y(our) plans to #LetsGetNigeriaWorkingAgain. Permit me to commend the great job done sir.

Sir, just as you rightly said that “Access is not the only challenge facing the education sector: there are critical challenges with regards to quality, relevance and equity.” I will like to share my main points with you on the level of deterioration that our tertiary education curriculum is into now.

I got admitted into the University with my dream high and lofty as I was lucky to be offered Computer Science. With so much enthusiasm, I was looking forward to getting my hands filled with IT skills that were in demand all over the world through my course modules. I never knew that I would be stuck with only theories and notes through out of my claimed “Computer Science Degree”.

In the twenty first century, it was PASCAL and some other “dead” programming languages that were taught in class with a blue moon practical class. It was frustrating, painful and absurd; it’s as if we were in step one while other developing and developed countries were in step 200.

Education was to equip us with the right, current and practical knowledge not with out-dated knowledge. We paid for this education, via the sweat and sleepless night of our underpaid or unpaid parents, yet we were denied the right knowledge and skills that would position us as top talent in the IT world and other fields of study.

Many of us sold bread, sachet water on the streets just as you did sell firewood just to pay for our education, which we believed would make us better. It is unfair if we are still unemployable after graduation due to lack of hot skills in demand in the business world as we were never equipped with in school.

We were told to produce a project as requirement for graduation with emphasis on its contribution to the Academic body. We thought by working on projects like: Development of a record keeping system or Design and Implementation of student voting system will pave way for us in the corporate world, we never knew what we did and many are still doing is obsolete and has no significance to the corporate world.

Sir, without mincing words, there is a great gap between the acceptable in the education space and the “in demand” solutions of the corporate world.

After years upon years to attain a degree certificate in Nigeria – following the 6-6-4 education system. We never knew that to succeed again we have to start another school in the corporate world called “Internship” – where many employers don’t mind paying graduates N20, 000 per month. They say – you know you don’t have any skills, we will train you.

Without doubt, many young Nigerians dream has been thwarted by the result of poor academic curriculum, which in turn has rendered them unemployable. Most grow up with beautiful career dreams but it is painful to see that upon graduation many have become the opposite of what their dreams. Imagine dreaming to become a Pilot then becoming a Social Media Influencer or Natural hair seller or buy your MTN 1GB for N500 just to make ends meet.

It is very painful and if our education system were to stay the train, I’m afraid we will never be the giant; as the rightful empowerment of students with modern knowledge in their field of study will pave way for innovations that will make Nigeria work.

My resolutions:
• Let there be a total revamp of our education curriculum all over tertiary institutions, to make it match that of developed countries with readily available infrastructure for practical classes and well knowledgeable lecturers to teach and also who knows what they are teaching.

• In support of the above mentioned, let industry stakeholders (those who have deep knowledge on the present and future skills that will be in demand - the future jobs) be involved in the new curriculum development.

• Let students be mandated to start developing industry specific or business world solutions rather than ordinary academic fulfilment projects.

• Let industry stakeholders and Federal Parastatals be invited for final year project defence to pick brilliant solutions for mentoring and funding for growth and launch.

• Let all faculties/departments in the tertiary institution have a taste of Industrial Training/SIWES experience – not just science students alone. This will help to give every students a feel of working experience upon graduation and alleviate the no work experience, no job frustration.

• Let NITDA and all related bodies be evaluated using KPIs of impacts they are making among Nigerians, channel of communication to people and how effective, how many people gets to know about their initiatives (a case study of OIIE - Office of ICT Innovation & Entrepreneurship) etc.

• Let universities give people the courses they ask for, in as much they meet the requirements. This will put passion to proper use as most Nigerians are frustrated via the medium of reading courses they have no passion for, doing jobs they never dreamt of hence the lackadaisical attitude to work and innovation.

Let us save the future of Nigeria. Let us make our education system right, so frustrated graduates will not turn to the alternative of “Japaa” - the most trending decision among Nigerians now to run away to other countries to seek greener pasture. In so doing, we are losing our best brains with potentials to other nations.

This is just a clue of pains in the mind of Nigerian youths.

Let us get Nigeria working sir. Sincerely, I cannot wait.

Oluwajuwon Obaniyi.
A Concerned Nigerian youth.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by CioAngels(f): 6:36am On Nov 24, 2018
Absent from debate ke, is this the man being Atikulating for? How then will he be better than Buhari. Lets follow Sowore o.
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by SouthWestBlood(m): 9:24am On Nov 24, 2018
9jaArea:
This your guy was absent too na

He came back to Nigeria on Thursday. He wasn't around. Who knows if the organisers even invited him?
Re: Ezekwesili Reacts As Buhari, Atiku Are Absent In First Presidential Debate by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 24, 2018
Sunofgod:
Jibrin dey dodge...

Atiku no understand his imported advisor's policies....

So its understandable to me.

Lol.. Atiku no understand Imported advisor's policy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Will Osinbajo Join?" - FFK Reacts To The RCCG Protest / 2021: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians / Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.