Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Buhari Tells Corrupt Leaders - 'you Will All Go To Jail Eventually' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Tells Corrupt Leaders - 'you Will All Go To Jail Eventually' (441 Views)

APC House Of Assembly Candidates To South-East Leaders: ‘You Betrayed Our Trust’ / You Will Go To Jail Eventually, Buhari Tell Corrupt Leaders / Buhari Warns Religious Leaders: You Should Not Be Involved In Partisan Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Buhari Tells Corrupt Leaders - 'you Will All Go To Jail Eventually' by cute9ja: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, says leaders who undermine the economy by denying workers their benefits, while stuffing their personal accounts with public funds will not escape the current anti-corruption dragnet.

The president stated this when he received All Progressives Congress delegation from Benue State, led by Senator George Akume, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

President Buhari said the Federal Government’s bailout to states and Paris Club funds were basically to alleviate the sufferings of the people, describing misappropriation as unjust and unfair to workers.

He said: “I honestly don’t know how people sleep when workers have not been paid. The workers have to pay rent, buy food, send their children to school and they have health care to take care of.

“I assure you that my main interest is all Nigerians in all parts of the country.

“Therefore, if anybody who tries to create any impression that I prefer any group across ethnicity or religion let him dare me by being caught red-handed stealing public funds. I will deal with him.’’

The President told the APC delegation that the Federal Executive Council had been monitoring the plight of workers across the country and utilisation of the bailout and Paris Club funds by some states.

“I thank you for your courage to come and see me. This visit has resuscitated our morale,’’ he said.

SOURCE - http://www.nigerianeye.com/2018/11/buhari-tells-corrupt-leaders-you-will.html

Re: Buhari Tells Corrupt Leaders - 'you Will All Go To Jail Eventually' by cute9ja: 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
Wondering who will be the next corrupt leader to go to jail smiley
Re: Buhari Tells Corrupt Leaders - 'you Will All Go To Jail Eventually' by Mynd44: 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2018

(1)

Kwara Governor / Reno Omokri Trolls Buhari After His Visit To Wounded Soldiers In Maiduguri / Atiku Abubakar Reveals How He Is Going To Defeat Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.