Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Nigerian Masses And Hypocrisy. My Take - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Masses And Hypocrisy. My Take (198 Views)

Just One Day The Nigerian Masses Will Unite Against The Political Class / Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Dino Melaye Makes A Case For The Nigerian Masses At The Senate . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Masses And Hypocrisy. My Take by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
Good day everyone. this has been a thought that has been on my mind for a very long time. it became even more troubling when i started frequenting the politics section on nairaland.
I am talking about the gross hypocrisy of the nigerian masses.
on nairaland here, you can notice this hypocrisy especially when issue concerning the two major parties are being discussed on this forum. you hear things like even if atiku is seen with a bag parking money from the cbn i will still vote for him. hearing this you may wonder what logic is behind this statement? how does it sound to the ears?
but that is not the main problem the main problem is that this same guy-if you check his post history may have been a huge critic of the so called gandollar scandal. this raises the question is this not hypocrisy? i say this because the same thing that this governor is doing is the same thing that this guy says he will turn a blind eye to if atiku does it.

They same thing happens on the part of the apc. when there is a thread where an apc member is accused of committing a blunder, no staunch apc moniker will be found on that thread. the few that are bold will come and start shouting sai baba till 2023 even if buhari wasn't even mentioned in the post.
why the hypocrisy?
why the turning away when our parties commit blunders?

The EFCC will be trying to make headway into a particular case we will call it witch-hunt, why?
no body will talk about why this person is even having k leg but will rush to crucify the EFCC.

A thread about a politicians ill gotten wealth will lead to a listing of people of the other camp that are corrupt not to bring them to light too oh but to vindicate the politician.
why? why cant we just stand for truth and shun all this party alliance?
and if we are to align with this parties why cant we effect internal change in this parties for a better tomorrow?
Let us drop the hypocrisy and at least create a Nigeria with 20 hour light supply, traffic light signs and road markings where necessary, good public school system, a good police system and good emergency response team.

is it too much to ask for?

lalasticlala
mynd44
an original piece from OBA.

(1) (Reply)

Preach Peace Not Hatred- Uba Sani Tasks Clerics / You Can't Trust Buhari's Certificate Says Reno Omokri / Enugu APC Guber Candidate, Ayogu Eze Condoles Late Ngwoke Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.