Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka (17810 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Honorary Degree From University Of Edinburgh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by kunyeo(m): 9:32am On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:
Apart from assisting the inauguration of FRSC, I'm still yet to see any concrete contribution from this man to Nigeria.

It has always been about him undecided undecided

What a pity.I dont blame you,you are suffering from the government banning History in our schools.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by kunyeo(m): 9:34am On Nov 24, 2018
YoungLionken:

Social media has really done more harm than good for folks like you. You hide in faceless forum writing nonsense. Do you think you can say what you just wrote about him when you meet him face to face(that's if you ever had such an opportunity)?

Absolutely! Cowards hiding behind keyboards!

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by kunyeo(m): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2018
HigherEd:
I mean it is too much.

Who can capture this picture pls.To me like a baby clinging to his mother!
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2018
stinggy:
What a way to end it Cap cool

So all the protests he co-organized against the military junta that led to his incarceration are unknown to you?
Don't mind the fool! An idiot that is so ignorant of history.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2018
Double post
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Thewesterner(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2018
You will see clowns that are WORTHY to loose the lace of his shoes insulting him... As if he's not entitled to air his opinions on matters.

Their fathers' name..... we hear/know not

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by SirBunky85(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2018
YoungLionken:

The fact that you're ignorant doesn't mean you should come out here for all to know about it
maybe,he/she derives pleasure in advertising his/her ignorance

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:33am On Nov 24, 2018
Jobabori:

You were not yet born when he was assisting your grand fathers to achieve Biafra on the account of which he was jailed. A descendant of ingrate generation.

You must be clearly delusional to think I'm not Yoruba. undecided
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2018
YoungLionken:

The fact that you're ignorant doesn't mean you should come out here for all to know about it

Speak with evidences bro.

I'll show you many more elder statements who have contributed and participated immensely.

You think it's a joke when OBJ called him a wine connoisseur? undecided
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Are you not ashamed to show the world you are so ignorant?

You should cover your obtuse head in shame for making that inane comment about Prof. Wole Soyinka — a Nobel laureate, one of the greatest Nigerians in the history of this country.

Kid, don't waste your time replying my comment. You should, instead, get a book on Nigeria history, read it, and cure yourself of ignorance.

So you can see how this eminent figure, you regard so lightly, left an indelible mark on the history of this country, on the sands of time.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2018
Has the fool even read one of the books of this great man?

I doubt if his infirm intellect can appreciate an ingenious work of literature when he sees one.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

I'll show you many more elder statements who have contributed and participated immensely.

You need to go for a brain check-up. For your own good.

You mentioned OBJ, an infamous crook, in the same breath as Wole Soyinka?

Aren't OBJ and his ilk — the likes of Buhari, Atiku, Babangida, etc. — responsible for the sorry state of Nigeria today?

In saner climes, those demagogues and embezzlers should be languishing in jail.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by BABANGBALI: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2018
And lalasticlala never collect a single one, even for banning people on nairaland? tongue tongue
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by omoelerin1: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Even if you're a Yoruba, you must have the blood of biafra.

omo ale Yoruba
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Alexis11: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

It is even more unfortunate to know that you are Yoruba.
You are probably a son of many fathers.
Yoruba call people like you Omo ale. cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by boolet: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2018
drlaykay:

Are u a Nigerian?
We don't insult our elders, let alone unnecessarily.
Or are you a Christian?
You know what the Bible records about honouring your parents and elders.
Forget that thing. Na why una dey back... Hear urself speak abeg "we don't insult our elders".
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
Alexis11:

It is even more unfortunate to know that you are Yoruba.

You are probably a son of many fathers.

Yoruba call people like you Omo ale. cool
omoelerin1:
Even if you're a Yoruba, you must have the blood of biafra.

omo ale Yoruba

gensteejay:

You need to go for a brain check-up. For your own good.

You mentioned OBJ, an infamous crook, in the same breath as Wole Soyinka?

Aren't OBJ and his ilk — the likes of Buhari, Atiku, Babangida, etc. — responsible for the sorry state of Nigeria today?

In saner climes, those demagogues and embezzlers should be languishing in jail.
gensteejay:

Are you not ashamed to show the world you are so ignorant?

You should cover your obtuse head in shame for making that inane comment about Prof. Wole Soyinka — a Nobel laureate, one of the greatest Nigerians in the history of this country.

Kid, don't waste your time replying my comment. You should, instead, get a book on Nigeria history, read it, and cure yourself of ignorance.

So you can see how this eminent figure, you regard so lightly, left an indelible mark on the history of this country, on the sands of time.

It is clear that you're all of very little understanding.

And to think that some of you would condescend into tribal resentment is more appalling.

I have spoken my opinion. You all do not have to insult me to get your opinions registered.

I remain that Wole Soyinka has not affected this nation's governance or politics in any way.
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by YoungLionken(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

I'm sorry I can't do that for you...

You don't need to, I know alot of them home and abroad, dead or alive...

That's OBJ's opinion, and it doesn't really count. People respects Prof Wole Soyinka more than OBJ, and that's all that matters... Thanks.
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 24, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

And to think that some of you would condescend into tribal resentment is more appalling.

I have spoken my opinion. You all do not have to insult me to get your opinions registered.

I remain that Wole Soyinka has not affected this nation's governance or politics in any way.
And I maintain that your poor knowledge of Nigeria history is egregiously shocking.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by YoungLionken(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
SirBunky85:
maybe,he/she derives pleasure in advertising his/her ignorance
I think so
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by YoungLionken(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
dotedote:
He'll Never Have It

[Qquote author=YoungLionken post=73252681]
Social media has really done more harm than good for folks like you. You hide in faceless forum writing nonsense. Do you think you can say what you just wrote about him when you meet him face to face(that's if you ever had such an opportunity)?
He won't!
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by GlorifiedTunde(m): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2018
gensteejay:

And I maintain that your poor knowledge of Nigeria history is egregiously shocking.

Thanks for your opinion wink
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Alexis11: 4:10am On Nov 25, 2018
GlorifiedTunde:

Lol.... You are to be pitied really.

Ignorance of basic historical/political facts is not something to be proud of.

cool
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by drlaykay(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2018
boolet:

Forget that thing. Na why una dey back... Hear urself speak abeg "we don't insult our elders".
Insulting your elders makes you ahead?
Nonsense talk. Do the whites insult their elders?
Go and read their history..
Besides I'm not behind. A lot of whites can't stand my achievements. If you are behind, personalise it.
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by boolet: 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
drlaykay:

Insulting your elders makes you ahead?
Nonsense talk. Do the whites insult their elders?
Go and read their history..
Besides I'm not behind. A lot of whites can't stand my achievements. If you are behind, personalise it.
You have a mentality that is behind. Your decision to scold someone who has an opinion about Soyinka says alot about you. Do not insult anybody elder or infant; be civil to all. "Honor your parents", the bible said. However, nobody is above constructive criticism regardless of age.
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by drlaykay(m): 12:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
boolet:

You have a mentality that is behind. Your decision to scold someone who has an opinion about Soyinka says alot about you. Do not insult anybody elder or infant; be civil to all. "Honor your parents", the bible said. However, nobody is above constructive criticism regardless of age.
You nailed yourself...
Was that constructive criticism?
Have u ever functioned in a cooperate society? You don't insult while criticising constructively.
And the mentally behind is uncalled for sir
Re: I Am Done With Honorary Awards, Says Soyinka by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
carolinekaylee:
How do some people publish several academic papers a year?
Composing for scholarly journals is exceptionally aggressive. Regardless of whether you conquer the primary obstacle and create a profitable thought or bit of research – how would you at that point total it up in a way that will catch the enthusiasm of commentators?

There’s no basic recipe for getting distributed – editors’ desires can change both between and inside branches of knowledge. However, there are a few difficulties that will stand up to every single scholastic author paying little heed to their control. By what means would it be advisable for you to react to analyst input? Is there a right method to structure a paper by any best academic writing services? Also, would it be advisable for you to dependably try overhauling and resubmitting? We solicited journal editors from a range from foundations for their tips on getting distributed.

1) Focus on a story that advances legitimately, as opposed to sequentially

Take some time before composing your paper to consider the rationale of the introduction. When composing, center around a story that advances sensibly, as opposed to the sequential request of the examinations that you did.

2) Don’t attempt to compose and alter in the meantime

Open a record on the PC and put in the entirety of your headings and sub-headings and after that fill in under any of the headings where you have the plans to do as such. In the event that you achieve your day by day focus on (mine is 500 words) put some other thoughts down as visual cues and quit composing; at that point utilize those visual cues to make a begin the following day.

3) Don’t cover your contention like a needle in a bundle

In the event that somebody asked you on the transport to rapidly clarify your paper, would you be able to do as such in clear, ordinary dialect? This reasonable contention ought to show up in your theoretical and in the plain first section (even the main line) of your paper. Try not to make us chase for your contention with respect to a needle in a pile. In the event that it is covered up on page seven that will simply make us irritated. Goodness, and ensure your contention runs completely through the diverse areas of the paper and ties together the hypothesis and exact material.

You may also search academic writing service USA by Academic writing pro.

4) Ask a partner to check your work

One of the issues that journal editors confront is gravely composed papers. It may be that the essayist’s first dialect isn’t English and they haven’t gone the additional mile to get it edit. It very well may be difficult to work out what is happening in an article if the dialect and grammar are poor.

5) Get distributed by composing an audit or a reaction

Composing audits is a decent method to get distributed – particularly for individuals who are in the beginning times of their profession. It’s an opportunity to rehearse at composing a piece for distribution, and get a free duplicate of a book that you need. We distribute a bigger number of audits than papers so we’re always searching for analysts.

A few journals, including our own, distribute answers to papers that have been distributed in a similar journal. Editors very jump at the chance to distribute answers to past papers since it invigorates exchange.

6) Don’t disregard global readers

We get individuals who compose from America who expect everybody knows the American framework – and the equivalent occurs with UK scholars. Since we’re a worldwide journal, we require scholars to incorporate that global setting.

7) Don’t endeavor to pack your PhD into a 6,000 word paper

Here and there individuals need to toss everything in on the double and hit an excessive number of destinations. We get individuals who endeavor to disclose to us their entire PhD in 6,000 words and it simply doesn’t work. More experienced scholars will compose a few papers from one anticipate, utilizing a particular part of their research as a snare.

cool Pick the correct journal: it’s an awful sign on the off chance that you don’t perceive any of the publication board

Watch that your article is inside the extent of the journal that you are submitting to. This appears to be so evident yet it’s amazing what number of articles are submitted to journals that are totally wrong. It is an awful sign on the off chance that you don’t perceive the names of any individuals from the article board. In a perfect world glance through various late issues to guarantee that it is distributing articles on a similar point and that are of comparative quality and effect.

9) Always pursue the right entries techniques

Frequently writers don’t put in the 10 minutes it takes to peruse the directions to writers which squanders colossal amounts of time for both the writer and the proofreader and stretches the procedure when it doesn’t have to.

Academic writing services are also playing a key role in it.

10) Don’t rehash your theoretical in the introductory letter

We look to the introductory letter for a sign from you about what you believe is most intriguing and huge about the paper, and why you think it is a solid match for the journal. There is no compelling reason to rehash the conceptual or experience the substance of the paper in detail – we will peruse the paper itself to discover what it says. The introductory letter is a place for a greater picture plot, in addition to whatever other data that you might want us to have.

11) A typical explanation behind dismissals is absence of setting

Ensure that it is clear where your research sits inside the more extensive insightful scene, and which holes in information it’s tending to. A typical purpose behind articles being rejected after companion audit is this absence of setting or absence of lucidity concerning why the examination is vital.

12) Don’t over-express your technique

Ethnography is by all accounts the stylish technique for the occasion, so bunches of articles submitted guarantee to be founded on it. Be that as it may, closer assessment uncovers very constrained and standard meeting information. A few meetings in a bistro don’t comprise ethnography. Be clear – right off the bat – about the nature and extent of your information accumulation. The equivalent goes for the utilization of hypothesis. On the off chance that a hypothetical knowledge is valuable to your examination, utilize it reliably all through your contention and content.

Hello ma, I will like to engage you, can you kindly pm your contact please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Chimamanda Adichie Clarifies Her Statement About Trans Women. / HBO: Nnedi Okorafor's ‘Who Fears Death’ Turned Into TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.