Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents (277 Views)

Shirley Igwe Slams Ladies Doing Plastic Surgery, Injection Fillers, Butt Raising / Ademola Ariyo Is Dead. Kidney Disease Kills Cinematographer (Photos) / Chinyere Wilfred And Shirley Igwe Throwback And Recent Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents by Horlatundex(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2018
ollywood Actress Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation To Cater To Diabetic People In Nigeria, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents & Aunt

One of the most humble stars in Nollywood, Shirley Igwe who recently launched a foundation to fight the scourge of diabetes, especially the indigents who cannot afford the treatment of the incurable ailment, has told Inside Nollywood why she took the bold step.

Speaking about her personal experience regarding the ailment while officially launching her ‘Daughter’s Love Foundation, the actress said:

“Having lost my mother at the age of 13, and father in 2014 and most recently my aunt, to the cold hands of diabetes, I can only but relate to the pains patients and family of patients go through, throughout the duration of this deadly disease.

It saddens my heart that our society does little or nothing for this cause, and we, as individuals take it for granted. A few people close to me know how passionate I am about helping, and I feel strongly that diabetes care is a cause very much worth supporting, therefore I founded Daughter’s Love Foundation(DFL) to help alleviate human suffering related to diabetes, and its complications among those least able to withstand the burden of the disease.

DLF aimsto create programs and projects that will be of assistance to diabetic patients,as well as widows/widowers in other to promote physical and emotional wellbeing in community / rural developments through financial assistance, provision of healthcare assistance, entrepreneurship for the down trodden, conducting outings for awareness and to educate the underprivileged on the implications of the disease.”

https://lns247.com/2018/11/24/nollywood-actress-shirley-igwe-launches-diabetes-foundation-narrates-how-disease-kills-parents-and-aunt/

1 Like

Re: Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good one, Nne. God will Bless you for this. Just the kind of news I wanted to see on NL today. Those are the kind of people I'd rather give tithing millions to, not some relaxer-rubbing, Gucci-wearing, jet-flying pastors.

Diabetes is painfully bad, and managing it is a seriously expensive task, especially when the patient is suffering from neuropathic pains and foot ulcers. My eyes are watering just thinking about it. I pray the foundation stays true to its mission.

1 Like

Re: Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents by Peterdredd(m): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2018
Interesting
Re: Shirley Igwe Launches Diabetes Foundation, Narrates How Disease Kills Parents by Mrop(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
U try

(1) (Reply)

Comedian AY & Wife Celebrates 10 Years Wedding Anniversary With Beautiful Photos / Reekado Banks Announces His Exit From Mavin Records / Seun Kuti Gets Grammy Award 2019 Nomination For ‘black Times’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.