Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today (446 Views)

Profiling The Newly Promoted Teams For The 2018 NPFL Season / Profiles Of Nigeria's Opponents At The 2018 Russia World Cup / 100 Facts About The 2018 World Cup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by WomenTrainer: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2018
I left my house in Agbani as early as 5:30am this morning to meet up with the Coal City Marathon which was scheduled to kickoff 6:30am at the Michael Okpara Square.

As usual, African time happened and the marathon begun around 7:30am. Lol. I guess the organizers had no choice but to delay things due to the arrival of the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu.

I'm surprised that there's no report of the sporting event here on Nairaland. That's why I'm posting this here.

Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by WomenTrainer: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
Can you spot Ike Ekweremadu in my pictures below?

Look well. Lol.

Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by BiafranBushBoy: 5:16pm On Nov 24, 2018

Makachi, anyi na enye nsogbu!!!

042 kwenu!!
Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by WomenTrainer: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2018
It was a half-marathon. We ran from Okpara Square to Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't in it to win the $3,500 prize money. Not when the Kenyans were in the race. Lol. And as expected, they eventually won it.

As for me, I jogged, stopped eight times along the way and finished by trekking it out till I got to the stadium where I collapsed on the tracks. No be real collapse o! Na collapse of joy. Lol.

The thing is I was determined to finish what I started even if I had to crawl to the finish line. Right now, as I'm typing this, it is finished. I mean, my body is finished. As in, I feel like someone hit by a bulldozer. Lol.

This one na half-marathon o! Wetin for happen to me if na full marathon? I for just collapse for road. Lol.

Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by amaniro: 5:37pm On Nov 24, 2018
WomenTrainer:
Can you spot Ike Ekweremadu in my pictures below?

Look well. Lol.

This your nose is something we should all sit down to talk about.

Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by Pidginwhisper: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
You nose it all
Re: I Was At The 2018 Coal City Marathon Today by WomenTrainer: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2018
See as them just dey admire my African nose. Lol.

Anyway, umu nwannem ndi 042, please feel free to post your pictures from the Coal City Marathon here o!

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Moment Petrol Bomb Exploded In Aek’s Stadium Ahead Of Champions League / 7 Expert Tips On How Never To Lose A Football Prediction Again / Atletico Madrid Go From One Crisis To Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.