Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,918 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How (1180 Views)

Could It Be That The POS Woman Has Scammed Me / How Bold Gains Nigeria Limited Scammed Me 1.2Million Naira Just Now / Help!!! Access Bank Has Scammed Me!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by TimiRume(f): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2018
I got to know about admob self click apps not long ago and i took interest. I created a thread(check profile) seeking for help. Among all the handles that decided on helping me create the app with extra benefits, techgeek12 was the only guy that offered to do the job before payment. Nice bait! It's my first and i fell for it.

We got chatting on whatsapp, and i think there were times i nursed doubts but because of my determination to get on with this, i chose to build trust instead. He "created" this admob app after getting some codes(add units,barners et all) from my admob acc and sent it to me via whatsapp( app has no specific name and not on google). At first the app couldn't install but i took my pad to a friend and he helped me install. After installing, i opened app and saw adds popping. Techgeek was "patient and understanding" all through this time, he congratulated me and advised me to start clicking on the apps and expect earnings on my admob acc. I religiously followed all the instructions. And i paid him for this.

The first time i clicked some adds, i rushed to check my admob acc for any reflections. Nothing. I informed him, and he said it would take some time for google to analyse and process my data. I kept clicking for days with no earnings at all. IS IT POSSIBLE THIS APP HE CREATED FOR ME IS LINKED TO HIS ACCOUNT AND NOT MINE?

I notified him of my zero earnings. He said i should be patient and even offered to click on my app too when i told him i forget to click sometimes, its not encouraging to keep clicking for nothing. Then i informed him of my adsense acc i created alongside the admob, if it has anything to do with the situation. He immediately took that up, blaming me for not informing him earlier on.

He said i need to verify my adsense account first before earnings show up on my admob. And also said i needed a US virtual number, cos it was best to get US-verified adsense than a Nigerian one. I googled and saw there was no much difference but i didn't want to cut him off at this point since i still needed lots of help. I went on. He said i'll need to pay him first before he buys the virtual number. I told him to get it, since i'll pay him anyway. He refused to. {I don't have my main bank app on my device for security reasons, the one i have has just less than 1k, so everytime i want to get to transfer i go to a bank atm. I know i can use bank codes right? but i also don't want my money to be easily accessible by me in very tempting situations like this}

At this point, i decided to see how i can get an american friend involved. I told him of my friend that can be of help with his number, address and bank account, basically all the requirements for this adsense. I didn't notice how weird his chats became until i told him my friend wasn't in the states now but can only help with his bank account. He started accusing me of not trusting him and how that made him sad. It was odd because he was always in "good spirit" and this simple economical idea of mine wasn't welcomed. HE MAKES MONEY FROM CLICKING ADDS but needs this meagre sum badly?

Ok he guilt tripped me into paying him for the virtual number. I paid, he confirmed it and said he was on it and almost done, since yesterday afternoon i've not heard from him. Whatsapp messages to him are no longer seen, he is not picking his calls anymore. Am i just paranoid or has this guy really scammed me? I've stopped clicking on the apps. Ever since that app got into my phone, my keypads have been misbehaving.

Fortunately for me, the money i paid is 8k. You mean this guy spent a week just to get 8k from me? His name is Onipede Akintunde Olufunso and he operates a First bank account.

The main reason i created this thread is to get away from this mess. How do i get this app out of my phone? Is this a genuine app? is this app truly linked to my admob acc? Can i go on with it? How do i protect my adsense acc and get it verified? I'm no programmer, i need answers. At this point i don't know if i can trust anybody online!
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
be patient with him
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by Xisnin(m): 8:59pm On Nov 24, 2018
Please note that self-click ads are a fraud.
If you are discovered, you will be banned from the network.
It is not a genuine business model and anyone selling such a service is
a fraudster by default.
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by Darkseid(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
You tried to defraud Google but ended up being defrauded in the process, I've got no advice for you.

3 Likes

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by TimiRume(f): 11:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
Darkseid:
You tried to defraud Google but ended up being defrauded in the process, I've got no advice for you.
I didn't know it's fraud.

1 Like

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by Yomisky(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2018
TimiRume:
I got to know about admob self click apps not long ago and i took interest. I created a thread(check profile) seeking for help. Among all the handles that decided on helping me create the app with extra benefits, techgeek12 was the only guy that offered to do the job before payment. Nice bait! It's my first and i fell for it.

We got chatting on whatsapp, and i think there were times i nursed doubts but because of my determination to get on with this, i chose to build trust instead. He "created" this admob app after getting some codes(add units,barners et all) from my admob acc and sent it to me via whatsapp( app has no specific name and not on google). At first the app couldn't install but i took my pad to a friend and he helped me install. After installing, i opened app and saw adds popping. Techgeek was "patient and understanding" all through this time, he congratulated me and advised me to start clicking on the apps and expect earnings on my admob acc. I religiously followed all the instructions. And i paid him for this.

The first time i clicked some adds, i rushed to check my admob acc for any reflections. Nothing. I informed him, and he said it would take some time for google to analyse and process my data. I kept clicking for days with no earnings at all. IS IT POSSIBLE THIS APP HE CREATED FOR ME IS LINKED TO HIS ACCOUNT AND NOT MINE?

I notified him of my zero earnings. He said i should be patient and even offered to click on my app too when i told him i forget to click sometimes, its not encouraging to keep clicking for nothing. Then i informed him of my adsense acc i created alongside the admob, if it has anything to do with the situation. He immediately took that up, blaming me for not informing him earlier on.

He said i need to verify my adsense account first before earnings show up on my admob. And also said i needed a US virtual number, cos it was best to get US-verified adsense than a Nigerian one. I googled and saw there was no much difference but i didn't want to cut him off at this point since i still needed lots of help. I went on. He said i'll need to pay him first before he buys the virtual number. I told him to get it, since i'll pay him anyway. He refused to. {I don't have my main bank app on my device for security reasons, the one i have has just less than 1k, so everytime i want to get to transfer i go to a bank atm. I know i can use bank codes right? but i also don't want my money to be easily accessible by me in very tempting situations like this}

At this point, i decided to see how i can get an american friend involved. I told him of my friend that can be of help with his number, address and bank account, basically all the requirements for this adsense. I didn't notice how weird his chats became until i told him my friend wasn't in the states now but can only help with his bank account. He started accusing me of not trusting him and how that made him sad. It was odd because he was always in "good spirit" and this simple economical idea of mine wasn't welcomed. HE MAKES MONEY FROM CLICKING ADDS but needs this meagre sum badly?

Ok he guilt tripped me into paying him for the virtual number. I paid, he confirmed it and said he was on it and almost done, since yesterday afternoon i've not heard from him. Whatsapp messages to him are no longer seen, he is not picking his calls anymore. Am i just paranoid or has this guy really scammed me? I've stopped clicking on the apps. Ever since that app got into my phone, my keypads have been misbehaving.

Fortunately for me, the money i paid is 8k. You mean this guy spent a week just to get 8k from me? His name is Onipede Akintunde Olufunso and he operates a First bank account.

The main reason i created this thread is to get away from this mess. How do i get this app out of my phone? Is this a genuine app? is this app truly linked to my admob acc? Can i go on with it? How do i protect my adsense acc and get it verified? I'm no programmer, i need answers. At this point i don't know if i can trust anybody online!
You are the scammer for trying to scam google.

1 Like

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2018
scam doesn't exist
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by Taystee: 11:13am On Nov 25, 2018
TimiRume:

You are trying to cheat google but u ended up been cheated,don't you know that advertisers spends millions of naira yearly for their ads?

Techgeek if this is true refund her money since ur method of scamming google is not working...

1 Like

Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by IntrovertedGuru(m): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2018
Hello bro, sorry you had to go through this. For you to be able to know if he truly used your details, download an app known as apk editor. Your details should be displayed once you open the app through the APK editor
Re: I Think Techgeek12 Has Scammed Me. See How by gocnig(m): 10:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
I never wanted to post on any admob thread again but I just opted to.

- it's obvious the op was scammed ( proof was the that the op gave him his own app to be clicking for him)

- for those saying self Clicking is fraud. what will you call website owners who runs fb adverts just to get users to click on their adsemse ads. Will you call it legit

- I run AdSense for web and admob for mobile and earn well on both with payment proofs.

Which I could share them here for those who are doubting , the few I shared was used by others to scam some members here and also Facebook groups.

- I have happened to design self click apps for over 20 nairaland members are no one has come boldly to label me scam because I taught them the rules and to get paid .

P.s - am not saying you guys should say am find customer's here. I make over $1000 with my app and web AdSense, so your 5k to build admob for you is useless to me.

Am not hungry to be begging.

For those of you saying admob self clicking is fraud, make una dey there they suffer while people are cashing out, since na una holy pass.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Into Contract Base Importation? / Which Nigerian Bank Accept Facebook Ads Payments / Help: I Need The E-book Small Business Big Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.