Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components (737 Views)

Buy Mercedes benz parts and assesories and have them delivered to your doorstep / Corolla And Camry Car Parts And Their Prices / Get Your Car Upgrade Parts And Car Luxury Accessory Parts At Good Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 25, 2018
It is common knowledge that most automobile servicing outlets or mechanic workshops are owned and operated by persons with little or no formal(secular) education. These "illiterates" includes both the 'Ogas'(Directors) and their 'boys'(apprentice).

Against this backdrop, it has become common place to hear automobile components, working equipments and even spare parts wrongly pronounced by 'mechanics' during a visit to their workshops. This is gradually becoming a norm as drivers and car owners including some 'educated' ones now resort to using theses wrong pronounciations.

Below is a list of some wrong spellings and pronounciations along with the correct ones.

1. FEATHER - This is the same as the plumage of birds. But the right spelling is FENDERS.

2. ADOLIC: No no. There is nothing like that. The correct spelling of that liquid is HYDRAULIC ( hi draw lick)

3. AZO(Azz hoe) grin: As in front azo. It's really AXLE (Azz who)

4. TRAVIGATOR: Lol. It is called TRAFFICATOR from the word traffic.

5. AGEING: That is the pronunciation for the process of getting old. It is rightly spelt and pronounced as ENGINE (N Gin)

6. ME ROW: Who else have heard that instead of MIRROR ( ME raw). Esp. the Igbo's.

7. BOMBER: These front and rear guards are spelt and pronounced as BUMPER (Bump ah!)

8. SHOCK OBSERVER: This one got me laughing all the time. Wetyn dey observe what? It's actually SHOCK ABSORBER (This component reduces the effect of gallops and potholes on our bad roads.

9. TUBOR (Two bur): People regularly use this in place of TURBO. (Tur bo)

10. FUCKNIZER: O boy this one is strong ooo. A wrong way of pronouncing VULCANIZER.

NOTE : I am a car owner and have heard all the above wrong pronunciations at various points of car repairs. I'm not making up stories.

I'm done. Add yours and lets get corrected and learn. Afterall no one is above mistake. I too is a learner.

Cc:
Autojosh
Mynd44
Dominique
Lalasticlala

Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by FreeConCiencE: 1:37am On Nov 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by Glorylynn: 1:46am On Nov 25, 2018
Very shallow!

2 Likes

Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by crazysam001: 1:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Airfilometa - airflow meter
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by chival(f): 3:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Funny exaggerations. I haven't heard anyone pronounce these words that horribly.
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by gaby(m): 4:54am On Nov 25, 2018
Borris: Bearings

Shock observer: Shock absorber

Traffigator...

Op, your exaggeration kill the thread. It isn't so bad...haba

1 Like

Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by ThatGirlAda: 6:04am On Nov 25, 2018
PurplePatch:

3. AZO(Azz hoe) grin: As in front azo. It's really AXLE (Azz who)

It’s pronounced “Ag-zl”, not azz who.

Oversabi!
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by Hoodbilonia: 7:03am On Nov 25, 2018
mostly afonjas
was at the viewing center the other evening
an afonja was yelling penairity
penairity

edo ppl will say
dem don bind am
instead of banned
revise instead of reverse

Igbos wud say stoemuk
instead of stomach
ya instead of your

hahahahaha
tell an afonja to pronounce actuator
door calucator
u go hail
hibab instead of hijab
stood instead of stool
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 25, 2018
chival:
Funny exaggerations. I haven't heard anyone pronounce these words that horribly.

What do you know? How many encounters do you have with mechanics? Or you think we're discussing Mary-Kay here?
Re: Ten Wrong Pronunciation Of Motor Parts And Components by LordTrezy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Caprator...... Carburetor

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Registered 1999 Toyota Camry LE (auto+ac+fabric+4plugs) / .. / Registered Toyota Camry Spider For Sale!! Call 0902 759 5780

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.