Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

My Brother's Number Is No Longer Available,brother Of Portharcourt Trapped Victi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Brother's Number Is No Longer Available,brother Of Portharcourt Trapped Victi (378 Views)

Uchenna Amaechi The Brother Of Chibuike Amaechi Celebrate Drink Hero Beer-pic / NIMC/NIN: National Identification Number, Is The Form Meant To Be Sold? / Beautiful Photos Of Portharcourt Pleasure Park Cinema Completed By Gov Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Brother's Number Is No Longer Available,brother Of Portharcourt Trapped Victi by ify590: 6:15am On Nov 25, 2018
As  rescuers due into the collapsed building in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital, yesterday, a relative of one of the trapped victims said his brother, who was earlier calling to be rescued, had suddenly become unreachable. File: The collapsed building. Chimezie Ihionu, brother of trapped Morgan Ekene Ihionu, a  scaffolder supplier to the collapsed building project, also dismissed the state government’s figure of 33 persons rescued so far as “recklessly speculative”. Edo residents hail Obaseki for ongoing reconstruction of 140 roads Chimezie’s concerns came as Suleiman Yakubu, a  Coordinator of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), who is in Rivers on special assignment, updated that four survivors and two dead bodies had  been pulled out from the rubbles in yesterday’s  rescue operations. Suleiman said, “There is the need for media restraint on rescued victims, figures. The operation is ongoing and we can’t be distracted by repeated media’s  call for figures. Maybe at the end of each day, we can look at some of those concerned but our concentration now is to continue combing the rubbles.” Agitated Chimezie told Sunday Vanguard,  “We were playing snooker nearby when my brother, Ekene, was alerted that the owner of the building had brought money to pay workers and suppliers. Someone called less than five minutes later that the building had  collapsed and Ekene was inside. Reps urge IGP to probe, arrest officers involved in Sydah’s death “We have stayed put at the scene since Friday. Ekene was calling us among others trapped inside. This (Saturday) morning, his phone is no longer reachable. A few lucky persons on the fringe escaped with injuries when the building came down. I don’t know where government got its 24 figure of rescued persons they have been announcing on radio.” Meanwhile, Rivers State Commissioner for Information and Communication, Emma Okah, maintained that “28 persons were rescued yesterday and five today. We have been here coordinating rescue with other relevant stakeholders. I know what I am talking” In the state government’s loud visibility at the incident’s scene, Deputy Governor Ipalibor Banigo and a  state assembly delegation, led by the House Leader, Martin Amaewhule, showed up yesterday. 
http://mognews.com/2018/11/25/my-brothers-number-is-not-reachable-brother-of-portharcourt-trapped-victim-cries-out/
Re: My Brother's Number Is No Longer Available,brother Of Portharcourt Trapped Victi by Pubichairs(m): 6:35am On Nov 25, 2018
November and December, Bloody months, God forbid Evil,

Price of Kerosene is now 300 per litre. fuel own never come

Atiku we know 2019

(1) (Reply)

Oyc Addresses One Term With Atiku / 2019: Peter Obi Runs To Pope Francis For Very Special Prayers, Ahead Of Election / 2019 Election: It Is Contest Between Thieves And Honest People – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.