Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

"The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive (470 Views)

EKWEREMMADU'S CASE IN UK-ITV PERCEPTIVE: NOT NIGERIAN WHITEWASHED MEDIA. / Biafra National Guard Loots Shop, Filling Station, Declares War From October 30 / Soldier Calls Sambisa Forest "Local Dubai" As They Discover Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
THE SAMBISA WAR

In the forest of Sambisa, I held unto my rifle like a woman would to her child. Not because i loved this tool which has brought an end to many, but because it was the only thing that will ensure me survival in the most dreadful forest in Africa.

My other brothers were already in position as i lay on the ground, covered with grass for disguise. My radio beeped and from the other end, an echo..

"Unit 110, enemy sighted 6 meters away, alert"

"Roger that sir" I responded as i give the signal to my unit.

Air support, according to an intel was on the way. This mission was suicidal cause we lacked sophistication and somehow, i feel that there is a mole that gives the enemy intel of our every move.

A look around my immediately environment, one would wonder how such a beautiful domain could become a breeding place for terrorist.

"Unit 110, enemy close by, 4 meters away, do you copy?

"Yes sir, copy"

"Snipper 002 are you in position?"

"Sir, snipper 002 in position. Target locked"

"Wait for order soldier"

I could feel my heart pound heavily against my chest. For a moment, silence was on every platform. But then, the unexpected happen.

Gunshots began to fly at us from all angles as my brothers in arm scream in pain.

"Sir, it's an ambush.. Sir, do you copy..? Sir sir.. Ahhhh..."

"Fire at will. Fire!

I rose from my point, the enemy were like us, same uniform that i had to be careful not to shot my brothers.

But before you could make a decision on who to shot and who not to, you're already taken out by a bullet.

Those insurgents came for me as i fire with everything within. Then i ran out of bullets. I hid behind a tree, to reload and fire. But my rifle got jammed.

I called for air support, but they were still on the way.

"Hold on soldier, air support and medic on the way. How hot is it down there?"

The only thing protecting me was the tree in which i took cover as they kept getting closer and closer. I could hear the twig break as their footsteps approach. My rifle was still jammed and right before me, i saw the end.

I definitely will be dead before support arrives.

No need fighting a lost cause. I took out the picture of my love, took one last look as tears roll down my check.

We were supposed to get married next month, guessed it was never fated to be. We were supposed to build a house, with a window view of the beach, raise kids and live happily ever after.. How unlucky i am.

"I love you" i muttered weakly as a bullet made hole at my back.

Blood gushed out as my body fell to the ground. The cloud above looked beautiful and peaceful, then I saw a face with a gun looking down on me. I wanted to mutter something, a prayer, then a sharp sound hit me as darkness fell upon me.

By

Henry Ibeleme

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by lastmanstandn(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
RIP to the HEROs we lost.
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Davidgr8(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
No one deserve to die for this country

Atleast not like this

RIP to the dead
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
Davidgr8:
No one deserve to die for this country

Atleast not like this

RIP to the dead

May the souls of our fallen heroes rest in peace cry

1 Like

Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2018
A satire of our fallen heroes on whose blood some stupid military officers are living large...
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by FarahAideed: 12:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
The person that wrote this has never been in the Nigerian Army nor any Army sef ... Called for Air support from where ? Hahahah cheesy grin , In Nigeria Army if the Air force doesn't follow into an offense from the start forget it you can't summon them from anywhere .

3 Likes

Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by SKhanmi: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2018
Not bad. Except for this.

*We were supposed to build a wood cabin near a lake, raise kids and live happily ever after..*

Edit accordingly to culture next time abeg.
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
A satire of our fallen heroes on whose blood some stupid military officers are living large...

cry
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
FarahAideed:
The person that wrote this has never been in the Nigerian Army nor any Army sef ... Called for Air support from where ? Hahahah cheesy grin , In Nigeria Army if the Air force doesn't follow into an offense from the start forget it you can't summon them from anywhere .

u dey mind Nigerians and dumb 'copy and paste'! cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
SKhanmi:
Not bad. Except for this.

*We were supposed to build a wood cabin near a lake, raise kids and live happily ever after..*

Edit accordingly to culture next time abeg.

may be na near lake chad him wan go build am! okponu op! cheesy
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by SouthEastFacts: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
God will punish jubril for funding terrorists through ransom payment
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by buhariguy(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
Op , is this from foreign film?
This is how PDP has litre online with pictures and video from foreign films
Re: "The Sambisa War" From The 1st Person Perceptive by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
buhariguy:
Op , is this from foreign film?
This is how PDP has litre online with pictures and video from foreign films

cheesy cheesy

Please, observe a minute silence for our fallen heroes

(1) (Reply)

Calling Sullivan Chime To Order / I’ll No Longer Complain About The Problems I Inherited, Says Buhari / Four Years Not Enough For Buhari - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.