Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” (45159 Views)

Adewale Adeleke Buys A Range Rover For His Wife, Kani On Her Birthday / Ololade Abuta Buys Range Rover For Iyabo Ojo (Photos, video) / Zlatan Ibile Buys A Range Rover For His 25th Birthday (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by InforOrbit: 4:50am On Nov 26, 2018
Recall that it was earlier reported that Nigerian Singer and EME Boss, Banky W, eventually kept to the promise of auctioning his 2008 Range Rover SUV, so that he could give the proceeds to Charity.

The singer and politician in July hinted about his plans to sell the car when he wrote an Open Letter to two women who stalked and shamed him for riding in an old model of the luxurious vehicle brand.

“I had decided last month that I’d sell it, and whatever I got for it, I’d hand over to the “Vocational School for the Blind” in Oshodi and the “Pink Oak Cancer Trust Fund”. My Aunt volunteers at the school, and she reminded me that they were still trying to raise some money to care for their students, so I came up with a plan” Banky had said in his letter.

The car was eventually sold for N2.3 Million Naira to Mr Michael Ugwu,  General Manager, Sony Music West Africa and Founder of FreeMe Digital, who won the bid. And NET reached out to him and he revealed why he bought the historic car.
He said:

“I wanted to purchase a piece of Nigerian music industry history and I also wanted to support charity because I believe in what Banky W stands for and has stood for in our industry,” Ugwu said as he responded to our questions.

The distinguished music business exec. also told Net what he plans to do with the vehicle saying, “The plan is to turn the car into a permanent piece of Nigerian music industry vehicular art.”

Source:
https://www.informationorbit.com/why-i-bought-banky-ws-range-rover-for-n2-3million-michael-ugwu-reveals/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by jeffizy(m): 5:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Good intention from Banky W.

As for the buyer,
“The plan is to turn the car into a permanent piece of Nigerian music industry vehicular art.”
Tell him this is Nigeria!

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by IamD18: 5:35am On Nov 26, 2018
Thank God.

Now that you've bought what his villagers were using to holding him.

He will now be able to impregnate Adesua in peace.

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by dkronicle(m): 6:08am On Nov 26, 2018
IamD18:
Now that you've bought what his villagers ate holding him with.

He will now be able to impregnate Adesua.
Modafucka grin

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by CircleOfWilis: 6:18am On Nov 26, 2018
IamD18:
Now that you've bought what his villagers ate holding him with.

He will now be able to impregnate Adesua.
grin

8 Likes

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by speedyconnect3: 6:30am On Nov 26, 2018
Nawao.

Does it mean d car is worth less than 2.3m?

* Sell your airtime to us and make cash

Also see below for data bonanza.

Just click the details and testimonies below.

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Elnino4ladies: 6:52am On Nov 26, 2018
The money will go for his erection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by mezarddinny: 7:52am On Nov 26, 2018
with all the hype, na 2.3m dem buy am
c 2.3m can't even buy some tokunbo toyota babies

5 Likes

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 26, 2018
Some people go just push some people enter some things sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by elganzar(m): 8:19am On Nov 26, 2018
I think you bought it for publicity sake, woulda said _to stay relevant_ buh you were never relevant...Buh now we know you sha, Sony something something

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by computerglobal(m): 8:19am On Nov 26, 2018
grin

Anyway he has some other reasons why he sold it

Are you planning on getting a vehicle this season be it used or tokunbo car.Ensure you carry out a comprehensive Vehicle history report , verify custom duty document and get it inspected before purchase
Contact us today for a well detailed report.
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2018
IamD18:
Thank God.
Now that you've bought what his villagers were using to holding him.
He will now be able to impregnate Adesua in peace.
This boy again!!
Why do you like saying craps like this now?!
Fear God o!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by TechCapon(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2018
After all the noise about celebrities signing autograph on the car.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by BabaIbo: 8:20am On Nov 26, 2018
OK seen, next!
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Yabaleftstudent: 8:21am On Nov 26, 2018
finally he can use the 2m to enlarge his d**k to impregnate his wife

2 Likes

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by HisMajesty1(m): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2018
God will punish those two ladies who shamed Banky... They just made my nigga sell a car he still had plans to use as long as possible. Celebrities are insecure people too, they just disguise it.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by bewla(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2018
u try
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by veacea: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Issokai
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2018
And He said to them, “Watch out! Guard yourselves against every form of greed, for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.” Berean Literal Bible" Luke 12:15

Charity is life
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by positivedaveyy(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Good day all,
I'm a graduate of Biochemistry from UNIBEN with 2.2, and I've since completed my NYSC. I have 4 years working experience in diffrent fields ranging from Customer Service, Ticketing and Reservation, Supervisory levels, Office & Administration, Marketting, Computer Operations, and Teaching.
Diligence and commitment to duties are my watchwords. I'm also open minded and excited about learning new things and handling new opportunities.
I'm proficient in the use of Ms Office tools and packages as well as Social media flexibility.
I've worked as a Data entry Personnel at EXP Marketing Nigeria and it greatly improved my data entry skills.
I would appreciate if anyone can help or recommend me to someone as I'm presently jobless.
Please, be my connection and God bless your good hearts.
Location - Lagos, Abuja, South-South & South-East
Contacts - 09038561889 & 08025341558
ighagbonosayande@outlook.com

1 Like

Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Siberia01(m): 8:26am On Nov 26, 2018
box of wahala
Re: Michael Ugwu: “Why I Bought Banky W’s Range Rover For N2.3 Million” by Tinalex(f): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2018
jeffizy:
Good intention from Banky W.

As for the buyer, Tell him this is Nigeria!
This is Nigeria So? This same mentality of this is Nigeria where anything new is castigated and regarded as taboo is the reason for the backwardness and redundancy of anything Nigeria represents. Can't you sight anything new that will definitely promote history to our unborn and support it? Everything does not end with you..you know; think ahead of yourself guy!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nedu Doesn't Deserve My Son - Uzoamaka Ohiri Speaks About Her Child's Paternity / "When I Was Still Corper Mayowa" - Mayorkun Shares Throwback Photo / Titi Alayo Curses Mustapha Ololade Sholagbade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.