Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Ignorance: The Embargo Militating Against Our Progress. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignorance: The Embargo Militating Against Our Progress. (225 Views)

Tribal And Religious Sentiment: A Clog In The Wheel Of Our Progress / Osun State Approves New Minimum Wage, Lifts Embargo On Promotion / Dr. John Kayode Fayemi Lifts Embargo On Ecobank, Gtbank, Zenith Bank …mdas, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ignorance: The Embargo Militating Against Our Progress. by anslemjeze(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2018
The largest church in the world now sits in Nigeria, many see it as a gigantic achievement - an achievement that have brought unquantifiable liters of joy to their heart like a vexed erosion pouring into a pit after an unusual rain while others see a 100,000 capacity church as being too superfluous, too bogus for a nation like ours were rot and decay spreads across the street of the nation.
I saw something online yesterday, that gripped my attention: Immunity clause on our political and religious leaders, the bringer of pain and the orchestrator of suffering. I share in those sentiments too, a sitting governors agba have become a vault but can't be prosecuted, your pastor stands at the alter preaching and saying things that it's perforation and adulteration is evident to even little kids, you know this ain't true but you take it as truer that than truth because it came from your pastor - his words and actions sits above debate.
Let me return to the way, I am going to Zairia but almost lost my way in the path of Kafarchan - am I against the building of 100,000 capacity church, not really, all am agitating for is a balance. We can't be the religious capital of the world and still be corruption capital of the world - the home of catfish crime, it does not add up, it is hypocritical.
Many might argue that it is the government's responsibility to end all these but I disagree , the religious organisations are culpable - even more culpable than the government.
For too long our doctrines have surrounded around unmerited favour - getting what you didn't work for in a twinkle, no place for hard work, the church we rather talk about a brother 'A' whom after few months in America have become stupendously rich rather talk about Victor Moses who rose from the trauma of losing his parents in Kaduna massacre to become a football star, they won't talk about Adichie - How education can propel one to the top but did rather preach about a miracle visa to an unskilled and uneducated fellow whom have already set his mind on doing crime when he get's there - I am also culpable but let's leave the path of ignorance and come into light.
That's were our problems started, in my town (Uromi) a state of the art church that cost hundreds of millions few years back have been brought down to build one that will cost more, in a town that have no industry, in a town that have no company. The ignorant once will argue is not the Church's responsibility to build industries and companies - I agree but it is their responsibility to reorientate the people, most of the companies in America are own by private individuals .
Ritual is now prevalent everywhere, we preached against it but we were the once that fuelled it, those involve in it our our brothers, our sisters, our husbands/boyfriends, they are our son's and duaghters, we belong to the same religious organisations - when their deeds are successful we were them the cap of heroes.
Clap o ye ignorant fellows, we are the religious capital of the world.
Thanks Joy Isi bewaji, am no longer in that pit.
Re: Ignorance: The Embargo Militating Against Our Progress. by netpro(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2018
Every positive development is worth celebrating. We all will not be doing the same thing.

Diversity is what make nations great. Yes we now have the biggest church auditorium, some others can proceed to build the largest factory, hotel, company, equipment, castle, plants, etc.

It is a good thing and we celebrate it all.

God bless Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Fani-kayode Reacts To Alleged Impeachment Moves Against Akwa Ibom Speaker, Gov. / Opportunity To Join Atikuobi Strategy Front / ICPC Docks Ex- National Assembly Member Over N68.7m Contract Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.