Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,810 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:40 PM

Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) (30022 Views)

29 African Migrants Trying To Cross To Italy Die As Boat Sinks In Tunisia / Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Three Dead As Splash Passport Boat Sinks Canoe In Rivers State. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by HazzanTazzan(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
Very sad...
Ita a real tragedy
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Nigerianiski: 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
They thought they didn't need life jackets apparently. Now both winter and the white walkers have come
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by slimdaddyo: 2:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
see overload, slay mamas are too plenty
RIP so sad
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by bazzman1991: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Rip to the dead
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by ronaldbecky(m): 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Goahead:
I can't help but laugh at the bolded, their dotard of a President is a comedian really undecided

Lake Victoria? Is that a good reason for the Ugandan navy to deploy Victorian era wooden canoes for the rescue?
mumu..so callous

1 Like

Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by CXLVII: 2:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
I love Okro soup

Come to think of it. Nigerians must accept that Senegalese Jollof is the best.

Need be truthful for once
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by manikspears: 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
Goahead:
I can't help but laugh at the bolded, their dotard of a President is a comedian really undecided

Lake Victoria? Is that a good reason for the Ugandan navy to deploy Victorian era wooden canoes for the rescue?

who they tell before embarking on the stupid mission? let's call a spade a spade,if not because of the african mentality ,how can you overload a boat?why?how dare you? if na naija na fish go chop all of them.kudos to the navy at least they saved some.
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by akigbemaru: 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Jobola1:
Three takeaways:

1. This is "common Uganda", they have deep sea divers. Even the water is in decent shape unlike our own beaches which are usually brown.

2. An helicopter was deployed to d area but if na my current, one politician would have rented it from Lagos to Kano.

3. The area around the shore is neat and not littered. Go to most beaches in Lagos, very dirty despite the fact that they charge you to enter.

RIP to the dead.

Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Goahead(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
ronaldbecky:
mumu..so callous
Limp-dick wink
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by princeemmma(m): 2:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
too bad, rip to the dead

can someone please quote me with the image, that a dog was trying to hunt a bird, not knowing there was pit
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Nickymezor(f): 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2018
Terrible news..may their souls rest on
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Deyooo: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Too Bad
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Bigii(m): 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
If na Nigeria, all of them go die none would be rescue.

painful. RIP
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Ilamina(f): 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
Uganda has Better tourism than Nigeria

And generally neater

No clean beach in Nigeria
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
The ugandan police have deep sea divers.. Even an helicopter was deployed at the scene of disaster. In my dear country naija..we have no deep sea divers..the nigerian police has no helicopter or helicopters in its assets and yet we call ourselves the giant of africacheesy. When i say most of these african countries have advanced and passed naija some ppl will be arguing with me.now ppl will understand why many nigerians run to ghana,ethopia,tanzania,kenya, and even niger and benin republic for economic relieve. May the dead RIP.
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ilamina:
Uganda has Better tourism than Nigeria

And generally neater

No clean beach in Nigeria
nigerian beaches that ppl go to poo poo in the night
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
nifemi25:
A boat that is meant for just 50 people. How on earth do you think this can accommodate more than 100......
May there souls rest in peace.
The thing is this, ignorance is often the main cause of deaths like this.Imagine someone on that boat being too careful and cautious of the overcrowdhe didnt board the boat while another passenger was laughing at him for being too scared..Almost died of drug overdose days ago dont know why Im still living but dont pray for such experience but be extra careful guys..
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by verifiablefacts: 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
Explorers:
Among the many tragic stories was one of a man who went out to help rescue people and drowned when he was dragged underwater by a desperate passenger.

Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni said on Twitter that he had ordered the electronic registration and monitoring of all boats "so that we can know who is where on the lake and why."

"Obviously, the operators of this boat will be charged with criminal negligence and manslaughter, if they have not already been punished for their mistake by dying in the accident," he said. "Let everybody take the warning from this tragedy."
Common Uganda, see rescue. A building collapse in Port Harcourt, no serious rescue, and busy playing politics.
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by penta(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
Africa Titanic! if you know, you know.
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by fortunechy(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
Only in Africa u will see such...... Others should learn from it
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by NaijaYahooBoy: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
BUHARI WHY? APC HAS KILLED THEM cry

1 Like

Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Royalbloodline: 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
verifiablefacts:

Common Uganda, see rescue. A building collapse in Port Harcourt, no serious rescue, and busy playing politics.

Ur head dey there.
See impressive response. If na Nigeria na canoe and fishermen rescue u go see.

It is well.
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by AFONJACOW(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
I even see one aboki man roasting suya for them in the first picture, I no sabi swim and anything that will even bring me close to water even smallest swimable stream in our village I go run pass my Shadow, if enjoyment pass the one I go do in my comfort zone that enjoyment should wait, but Africans are too lazy ooo, none of them
verifiablefacts:

I even see one aboki man roasting suya for them in the first picture, I no sabi swim and anything that will even bring me close to water even smallest swimable stream in our village I go run pass my Shadow, if enjoyment pass the one I go do in my comfort zone that enjoyment should wait, but Africans are too lazy ooo, none of them
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Diso60090(m): 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
Uganda even get rescue helicopter nice one but a place call zoo dont have wheelbarrow rescue
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Royalbloodline: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
Truth be told, it high time we face facts and prevent avoidable deaths.

Pls if u dont know how to swim, AVOID water bodies!!!
And if it is a must, always wear a safety vest! Or even hold an inflatable baloon in one hand.

Cus, ANYTHING can happen! And in the middle of ocean, river, lake or even pool na OYO u dey o!

Pls, life is precious...

RIP to the dead
Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
hahn:
As far as many Christians are concerned they are all going to hell

Enough suya smell for Jehovah grin

Weyu keep kuayet there.

Re: Overcrowded Party Boat Sinks In Uganda, Killing Over 30, Some Missing(Pics) by uvie66: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
I don't know what's wrong with black brain, I think it is wired upside down, why will you enter a boat without lifejacket, knowing fully well you can't swim.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Work On Anambra International Airport City Project Enters Second Stage / India's New High Speed Train Breaks Down After Hitting Cow / 2 Air France Pilots Suspended After Fighting In Cockpit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.