Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

See The Cost And What It Takes To Host A Site/blog By Yourselves - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Cost And What It Takes To Host A Site/blog By Yourselves (435 Views)

How To Create Free Wordpress Site/blog Using A Free Hosted Account / Lady Takes Her "Perfect Selfie" In A Cemetery Wearing Bra And Mini Skirt / How To Publish A Post On Your Blog By Just Sending Email (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See The Cost And What It Takes To Host A Site/blog By Yourselves by Idealscholar: 10:38am On Nov 26, 2018
The cost is the first thing aspiring bloggers or site owners search for while learning How to Start a blog. And in this post, you'll learn in details, to guide you procedure.

I'm also an ardent consumer of rich guides. So you won't be doing anything wrong listening to an expert.

How much or what does it take to create and run a professional BLOG/WEBSITE has become the top query among aspiring web entrepreneurs and organizations considering blogs and websites for their brands.

Here is the answer!

Not owning a website or blog cannot tell a complete story of your digital marketing, content creation or modern business journey.

Social media isn’t enough. And I don’t want the fear of the cost be the reason anymore.

The Popular Searches

The need to own a blog is seen in every today’s business and career. It spans across industries, products, persons and brands.

And on this note, I’ve filtered lots of queries from search engine, based on what people ask machines:

What does it take to own a site?
How much will it cost to host a blog?
How much is a blog?
How much does it cost to buy a domain name?
How much does it cost to create a blog from the scratch?

Now, let me tell you the truth.

From my experience working with clients over the years, I’ve found out that the fear of failing, cost, and other uncertainties has, just like in other businesses, prevented many from making the bold step.

If fear is one of your reasons to not getting started, I don’t want that of cost to be one of the reasons.

It does not cost much to create and run a professional BLOG or design and host a WEBSITE

It should end here

The cost of creating a blog isn’t same with what it takes to run a successful blog. But the best approach to understanding the dynamics of blogging is having an account first.

Read: The Instructions you Must Adhere to, Before Hosting a Blog/Site

In details, here are types of account and how much it costs to create, host and buy domain for a professional blog:

HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HOST A BLOG
Learning how to start a blog, you need to know what it costs like. And this is an overview of the cost of creating and running your first blogs:

1. Purchase a Domain

Many domain extensions are for purchase. But the most used among today’s bloggers is the .com whose price is around N3, 500 -4, 000 (or even less)

There are other domain extensions such as .ng (9,000-15,000), .gov (for government organizations only, .info, .org, etc
It depends on the needs and the lifestyles of your targeted audience. But it has been accepted that the extension’s effect to your blog or website is of a negligible value.

2. Purchase the Cert and Pros

The domain name might need an SSL certificate for protection (and the way it is seen), the hosting needs protection from the public too.

If you’re paying for a purchased site, you need to debug the codes to avoid loopholes. It’s a little bit technical but you can shun all these, when your sites still operate on a low key.

3. Purchase the Hosting

Hosting Accounts: You can get a hosting account as low as N350 per month and as high as $500 per month.

It's not a factor of your choice, but the need for such web presence.

No be lie, and the cheaper options might even serve more than the overrated Bluehosts and Hostgator $ rated accounts.

In all, there are many hosting options that can give birth to awesome and efficient digital houses.

I want you to learn a few limits that some web developers may not share with you.

Hosting plans can make or completely mar your whole business efforts, in that it can affect the image you portray.

4. Pay for other Designs

Other costs include the cost of designs such as logo (I know we have good graphics designers here), Stock images: My favourite is Pixabay who will give you amazing stock images for your site

5. Installation/customization

WordPress templates (if you care for one) with its customization cost if you are new or not experienced. Thousands are free, while some premiums are paid.

Millions of plugins are free too (until you gather financial muscle to pay for premium versions). If you hired an expert for your work, this won’t be your burden.

In fact, there are many free and premium tools for creating websites from the scratch, if your intention isn’t just blogging.

6. Content Creation
Being a site owner doesn’t make you a creative writer.

Employing the right machinery to work behind the scene isn’t a sign of professional sabotage. But if you can do it, you win.

How do I go about these?

But the essence of sharing it to ensure you don’t think outside the range.

You can also indicate interest to be assisted, as our series of web tutorials for aspiring site owners are yet to be exhausted.
Now, that you have learnt how to start a blog, with regards to the cost in view. You can also indicate interest HERE for a link on how to create your own blog from the scratch.

How about that?

Source: http://jobreaders.org/how-to-start-a-blog-this-is-the-cost/

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Best Songs For 2018? Comment Now / Anwangaabasi Isong Anwan Networth Now N23,500,000 Million Naira & Biography / Hrjtjf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.