Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora (8724 Views)

Yusuf Buhari's Wedding: Traffic Gridlock As Abuja Residents Complain (Video) / #EndSARS: Traffic Gridlock In Rivers As Pro-Buhari Protesters Take Over / FCT Traffic Gridlock: Army General Pulls Gun On FRSC Operative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by kenodrill: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
See him face be like Lagos traffic
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by ntyce(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ibafo, for trucks to park.

Is Ibafo in Lagos State.
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by oglalasioux(m): 12:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Scammer on the prowl. Give him the office and he will spend his tenure blaming the last administration.
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
Baba e nor go work
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by otipoju(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2018
Uglyaddy:
Lol.
Bad campaign talk.Lagos traffic cant be fix.You can only manage it.Lagos is too congested,except their wont be "danfos" anymore.

Lagos need other channels of transportation.

Good railway system.

Good waterway system.

Evacuation of Tinibu boys(Agbero).

Evacuation of road side sellers.

Non-partisan of Oba of Lagos.

1. More roads
2. Wider roads
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by xjiggy: 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
vegafbs:
https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/26/ill-fix-lagos-perennial-traffic-gridlock-months-fafowora/

African Democratic Congress (ADC) gubernatorial candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Muyiwa Fafowora, has pledged to fix the perennial traffic gridlock in Lagos State within a few months if elected into office.

Fafowora made the pledge in a chat with journalists at the weekend, stressing that Lagosians have suffered so much in terms of loss of man hour and businesses.

He said the time had come to give a new lease of life for the people, even as he berated the All Progressives Congress (APC) administration, which he said, had been in control of the state for many years, but had failed to tackle the menace of traffic gridlock which had led to huge losses of business across the state.

The candidate maintained that lack of vision on the part of government and developers who built tank farms in Ibafo without proper planning, was responsible for the traffic gridlock in Tin Can and Apapa axis.

He added: “If you know Tin Can Port in 70s, there was no development around that place. So, in the Ibafo area, trucks will park there, pick up consignments in the Tin Can Port, take them to various destinations.

“But, when we began to experience petroleum shortages, developers went to Ibafo and turned them into tank farms. There is no more access for trailers that want to pick up in the ports, which is lack of vision.

“Most people will not know that Kirikiri was an island, because when they were developing the maximum prison, government knew people were going to do life imprisonment.

“They did not want them to be in Ikoyi prison or the old prison on Broad Street. They were taking prisoners there by boats, so that even if the prisoners wanted to escape, there would not be anywhere to escape to.”
SHUT UP.
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by zoedew: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
Empty boasting! Meanwhile a sitting Lagos State Governor is not in total control of arterial roads in Lagos majority of which are Federal Roads!! This one thinks we are simpletons!!
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by zoedew: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
xjiggy:
SHUT UP.

I agree. He should shut up!
Re: I’ll Fix Lagos Perennial Traffic Gridlock Within Few Months – Fafowora by Puth22(m): 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Shift lemme faint

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akerodolu To Meet Buhari On Amotekun Today / Phrank Shaibu: PDP Confident Of Atiku’s Chances In 2023 / Nigeria Is 3rd In Most Dangerous Waters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.