Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

“i Am Joseph Olupona, And Here Are My Dreams For Nigeria" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i Am Joseph Olupona, And Here Are My Dreams For Nigeria" (307 Views)

Nigeria's Jacob Olupona Elected To American Academy Of Arts And Sciences / Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams / Wike Employs Wife Of Joseph Blankson Who Died After Saving 13 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“i Am Joseph Olupona, And Here Are My Dreams For Nigeria" by iamakinfemi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
The 2019 General Elections are almost here but, so many candidates are relatively unknown and so,

Here is one story that might interest you:

I am Joseph Ojo Olupona, popularly known as Olu Special. The President of Conscience Group Nigeria, a preacher of conscience and moral values, also an advocate of community development. Born in Ipele, in[b] Owo Local Government Area, Ondo.[/b]

I studied Environmental Biology and have a Master’s Degree in Public Health (Environmental Health) University of Ibadan. I work professionally as an occupational farmer, cultivating plantain.

My political sojourn started from my university days as class governor; then I became a member of the Science Students Representative Council (SSRC); President, National Association of Science Students (NASS) – 2011/2012 academic session; President, National Association of Ipele Students ( NAIS) – 2012/2013.

My quest for community development and emancipation made me join partisan politics in my ward. I continued as a grassroot mobilizer in 1999, 2006 under Alliance for Democracy and Labour party. Fast forward to 2016, I was the Ward Secretary of Alliance for Democracy during the Ondo gubernatorial election. Now in 2018, I am contesting for House of Assembly seat – Owo constituency 2 under the platform of African Democratic Congress (ADC).

I decided to run for the House of Assembly seat not because I want to be popular as many may think, or because of the Not Too Young to Rule Bill, though it favoured me to contest but, I am in the race because I see myself winning. I have long prepared for opportunities like this. I am in the race because I am capable of bringing quality service and delivery to my people in the area of education, sustainable agriculture, environmental health, youth and women empowerment program and community development programs.

Asides my primary legislative assignment which is to sponsor bills (and make laws), I will ensure more people lead better lives.

Re: “i Am Joseph Olupona, And Here Are My Dreams For Nigeria" by escober90(m): 2:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
Not too young to run!

Carry go man

We support you 100%

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Approves Enhanced Salary Structure For Police / Edo State Poly Holds Maiden Convocation, As 403 Bag Distinction / We Export Our Riches Best &brightest But Import Used Goods And Dead Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.