Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep (477 Views)

SUVs Cars For Senators And House Of Rep Members Ready For Distribution (video) / Nairabet Owner Akin Alabi Wins APC House Of Rep Ticket / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by slimjohn2k5: 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
So far since the inception of democracy, Nigeria runs the most expensive government in the world, no checks or limit

I also find out that the House of Senate and House of Rep contribute to this huge expense and delay in Nigeria's overall development

Look at the minimum wage battle, if this guys are flushed out even in state level, we can achieve a 50k minimum wage

if the government run without them, the government can function effectively with only the Judiciary and the Federal Executive Council

This will greatly drop the cost of government and delayed implementation of justice on corrupt politicians.

Lets join hands together to protest against and vote out these guys and see a different form of democracy.
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by mrvitalis(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
slimjohn2k5:
So far since the inception of democracy, Nigeria runs the most expensive government in the world, no checks or limit

I also find out that the House of Senate and House of Rep contribute to this huge expense and delay in Nigeria's overall development

Look at the minimum wage battle, if this guys are flushed out even in state level, we can achieve a 50k minimum wage

if the government run without them, the government can function effectively with only the Judiciary and the Federal Executive Council

This will greatly drop the cost of government and delayed implementation of justice on corrupt politicians.

Lets join hands together to protest against and vote out these guys and see a different form of democracy.

I want to ask you two simple question

How much is the total money budgeted for the national assembly in one year

At 18k minimum wage what is the wage bill of the federal government per month ... Not states oh just the federal government

Answer this two then we would see if you made any sense
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by smoke123(m): 1:58pm On Nov 26, 2018
i agree with u if it can be scrap.
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by slimjohn2k5: 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

I want to ask you two simple question

How much is the total money budgeted for the national assembly in one year

At 18k minimum wage what is the wage bill of the federal government per month ... Not states oh just the federal government

Answer this two then we would see if you made any sense

Without doubt, getting the right figures for your questions which I believe is off the roof, only adds more sense to this
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by frankmoney(m): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2018
The best thing is to practice a one legislative house system , scrap the Senate and leave the house of rep to be able to check the excess of the executive
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by mrvitalis(m): 2:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
slimjohn2k5:

Without doubt, getting the right figures for your questions which I believe is off the roof, only adds more sense to this
The figures are easy to find

We spend sound 140bn per year on the national assembly for a year

We presently spend 165bn per month on civil servants on the federal level at 30k minimum wage it would be over 300bn a month

So how are we don't spend up-to 10% of what they federal civil servants earn per year on the national assembly
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by figment232(m): 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Lets just adopt Military rule.Nigeria is not even ripe for democracy.
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by slimjohn2k5: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
mrvitalis:

The figures are easy to find

We spend sound 140bn per year on the national assembly for a year

We presently spend 165bn per month on civil servants on the federal level at 30k minimum wage it would be over 300bn a month

So how are we don't spend up-to 10% of what they federal civil servants earn per year on the national assembly

1.) are these figures from the internet or from in house
2.) How did u come to conclusion with the total number of civil servants the country have and a total of 300bn for 30k minimum wage
3.) If your figures are true which I dont subscribe to, can u see how much the nation save in a year scrapping them
4.) No offense but u sound like you are benefitting from your analysis
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by mrvitalis(m): 3:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
slimjohn2k5:

1.) are these figures from the internet or from in house
2.) How did u come to conclusion with the total number of civil servants the country have and a total of 300bn for 30k minimum wage
3.) If your figures are true which I dont subscribe to, can u see how much the nation save in a year scrapping them
4.) No offense but u sound like you are benefitting from your analysis
30k minimum wage means increasing every salaries by 66.7% sir
Based on the ministe of finance
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/06/adeosun-n165bn-monthly-civil-service-wage-bill-not-sustainable/%3famp

We would be paying 276bn every month... Which is close to my 300bn figure

Based on this www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/12/finally-national-assembly-releases-its-budget-details-passes-fgs-spending-bill/%3famp
The national assembly budget is 125bn for a while years

So you are saying if we save 125bn from the national assembly in a year we would be able to afford (276*12) 2.1 trillion naira to per workers at 30k minimum wage

Oh you even said 50k... Lol which means that's would be over 3 trillion

Your issue is that you don't understand what minimum wage is, you think any government worker earns 18k?

Lol that's just a scale oga

Mind you for me I'm an entrepreneur and I pay my staff way above minimum wage
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by lastmessenger: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
The senate and house of rep is the only reason why we still have an atom of democracy in Nigeria of today.
Remove senate and reps and see buhari automatically transform himself to a god.
My dear leave the Senate and rep to remain where they are . you may not know their importance but just leave them to remain there
Re: Scrapping The Senate And House Of Rep by Sam0(m): 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
I think we should adopt another system of government.it got to a time at past they consumed 25% of our budget. They are our major problem.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Boy Try To Scam His Fellow Yahoo Boy / Akwa Ibom Police Boss Behind Crisis In State House / PDP Disowns Presidential Campaign Timetable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.