Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Interior Designs: Faux Painting - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Interior Designs: Faux Painting (4091 Views)

Special And Beautiful Interior Designs For Your Houses And Offices (making) / Plaster Of Paris (POP) Ceilings And Interior Designs / Plaster Of Paris (POP) Ceiling And Interior Designs..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interior Designs: Faux Painting by larimo(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2010
Does anyone in the house do this art or knows someone who does this? See pixs

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by larimo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
Don't just view, write something grin.
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
Hello. Just seeing seeing your post. The first picture is a color wash finish while the second has faux marble painted pillars. Both require glazes of which I haven't found a Nigerian supplier till date. I try to get these finishes with venetian plaster. Find below pictures from one of my such projects.

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
Another

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
All in the same sitting room

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by mahabone(m): 4:27am On Jan 09, 2012
@POSTER!

Are u sure that this is painting or pvc decorative foil/film/sheet?
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 11:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
Are you impressed? If you are, then you will be amazed at my collection of photos of jobs carried out. I run a wall finish enterprise. To answer your question, this is not painting per se, in the sense that you do not use a roller or brush. It is an italian finish applied with a stainless steel trowel. Nothing like PVC.

When properly done and maintained just by yearly polishing, this finish will outlive you. Presently, there are buildings over 300 years old in Italy with this finish that are still standing. Apart from marble or granite on your walls, I have not come accross a more durable finish. Meanwhile, these pictures do not do this finish justice. It shines like a mirror and you will see your full reflection ,up to shirt buttons when looking through it.

Regards
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by mahabone(m): 9:26am On Jan 10, 2012
Pvc decorative foil/film/sheet-membrane pressing can achive a similar effect if not better and it doesn't need polishing unless it's high glossy.

In the attached picture this are not natural marble or granite but MDF board covered with pvc decorative film by membrane press process.

There are millions of designs and colors to chose from, inshort anything u can think of.

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
Guy,can this be used in place of wall paper, or is it some form of wall paper? How do I quickly get to know more about it, the membrane press process inclusive? Give me leads please. They look like excellent material for partitioning.
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by mahabone(m): 2:17am On Jan 11, 2012
@BADBOY!

Yeah it can be used on wall as wall paper, also for furitures-wardrope, cupboard, ceiling, but not by membrane press.
Membrane press is vacuum press that's a kind of mould that must have the exact shape of the object to be laminated.
There's a special kind of vacuum membrane press machine.

But for walls, ceilings and furnitres it's done by hot stamping or transfer heat. It comes in rolls like wall papers and laid in
the same way as wall paper, but u need a hot pressing iron to stamp it down properly where the ideal machine is not avaliable.

In Nigeria it's mostly used for furnitures popularly known as FORMICA. If you are very keen on using it on ur walls, i'll advice u to
first visit a professional furniure maker because the same way they lay the formica sheets on wardropes, tables, beds, cupboards
is the way it will be done on walls and ceailings.

For the materials, you can get it at Ladipo street mushin. Very cheap. I normally supply to them, the last time i did i sold at 180 naira per yard.

It's more beautiful and durable than wall paper and it comes in millions of colors and designs. You can get the colors posted by LARIMO,
but on special order because here they are mostly used for furnitures mainly, wood grain designs are mostly preferred.

I don't know if u have been on cruiser ship. Though the ship is made of steel the inside are mostly decorated with pvc decorative sheet, even
cars mostly dashboards and hand rest. Big hotels.

I wanted to post some pics but the shots i took of my catalogue did not turn out well.
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by tiblow: 1:04pm On Jan 11, 2012
Icing on every INTERIOR DECOR;

WWW.ILLUMINATORSNG.COM shocked shocked tongue kiss cheesy wink smiley cry
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2012
@ mahabone,

Nice one. I never heard of this material before. You say the material is used on dashboards & arm rests, implying it is very durable. I'll like to know the degree of durability with reference to technical specifications so to speak. I NEED PICTURES TOO BRO. Pls try re-snapping that catalogue of yours. I need pictures, especially of buildings/hotels where the material has been used. You could also direct me to some websites. I see opportunities here in my line of business. Tnx.
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by mahabone(m): 1:58am On Jan 12, 2012
Dear Badboy!

This material is well known in naija mainly for furnitures, but it could be used on ceiling, doors, walls, office partitions, even on floors,
but the flooing ones are thicker and produced by a different technigue and therefore more expensive.

If not the ugly situation in Naija right now the best bet is for u to visit the market at ladipo Mushin and see the stuff physically.
Tell them what u want to use it for, i believe they are in a better position to give a better info about this product.

But my only fear here is that they may not have the wall paper designs. What sells there mostly is wood grain(FORMICA)
mostly used in furnitures, steel, plastic profiles and office partitions. Though who knows u might like them.

I attached a file of china steel security doors. You can see how beautiful they look, but in reality these are not the natural color of steel.
They are covered with pvc laminate film/foil by transter heating or laminate.

It comes in rolls like wall paper the only difference is that this one is made of pvc with better surface fininsh and highly more durable
than wall paper. It comes in different surface finishes like glossy, matte, semi-matte, opague, glossy means it's very shinny but
needs high maimtnance. I advice u to go for matte.

1 Like

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by mahabone(m): 2:06am On Jan 12, 2012
The doors

Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by badboy: 6:33am On Jan 13, 2012
Thanks bro.
Re: Interior Designs: Faux Painting by dagreen14: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Properties So EXPENSIVE? / Fenced Dry Plot By NASFAT Centre, After Mowe, 1million(see pix) / One Bedroom Apartment For Rent Around Satellite Town , Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.