Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Whats Your Opinion On This! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Your Opinion On This! (247 Views)

Atheists, What's Your Opinion On This One? / Reno Omokri's Opinion On Christians Sowing Seeds / Should Nigerian Churches Be Taxed By The Government? Share Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Opinion On This! by webtutorr: 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
My girlfriend that im dating. We has been together for three months. Last night, she said she wants to tell me a secret about her that she has been hiding. That she finds love with me and thats why she wants to tell me he truth.
The secret she opened up to me was that she has a baby with her ex.
My question is,
Is there anything wrong biblically marrying a lady that has hard a baby before.?

Thanks for ur views
Re: Whats Your Opinion On This! by ifenes(m): 11:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
Marry her because you care for her, not because of how the bible feels. You must break the matrix of external control over you life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats Your Opinion On This! by webtutorr: 7:34am On Nov 27, 2018
Hmmm, need one with more point
Re: Whats Your Opinion On This! by Ihedinobi3: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2018
webtutorr:
My girlfriend that im dating. We has been together for three months. Last night, she said she wants to tell me a secret about her that she has been hiding. That she finds love with me and thats why she wants to tell me he truth.
The secret she opened up to me was that she has a baby with her ex.
My question is,
Is there anything wrong biblically marrying a lady that has hard a baby before.?

Thanks for ur views

Hello there. I'm a fellow Christian.

No, there is nothing biblically wrong with marrying a woman who has had a baby with another man. The only thing that the Bible warns against is marrying an unbeliever:

2 Corinthians 6:14-16
[14]Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
[15]Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
[16]Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The rest is common sense. For example, if you are a believer who is zealous for the Truth and you meet and fall in love with a lukewarm believer, it wouldn't be against the Bible to marry her but it could result in unnecessary and avoidable problems in your life.

Likewise, you have to think hard about the involvements of marrying a woman who has had a child with someone else. If you decide that you can handle the likely emotional, perhaps financial and other responsibilities and realities that come with it, then you probably should. It is a decision that you must take prayerfully and thoughtfully. Nobody else should make it for you.
Re: Whats Your Opinion On This! by webtutorr: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

Hello there. I'm a fellow Christian.

No, there is nothing biblically wrong with marrying a woman who has had a baby with another man. The only thing that the Bible warns against is marrying an unbeliever:

2 Corinthians 6:14-16
[14]Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?
[15]Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
[16]Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I will dwell in them and walk among them; And I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The rest is common sense. For example, if you are a believer who is zealous for the Truth and you meet and fall in love with a lukewarm believer, it wouldn't be against the Bible to marry her but it could result in unnecessary and avoidable problems in your life.

Likewise, you have to think hard about the involvements of marrying a woman who has had a child with someone else. If you decide that you can handle the likely emotional, perhaps financial and other responsibilities and realities that come with it, then you probably should. It is a decision that you must take prayerfully and thoughtfully. Nobody else should make it for you.

Nce one dear
The last paragraph really nice.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/12/18 / Pray Until Something Happens (4) / Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.