Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo (692 Views)

Anambra Election: Peter Obi Congratulates Soludo, Commits State Into God's Hands / FG To Turn Large Deposits Of Salt In Ebonyi State Into Commercial Quantity / Ekiti To Become Nation’s Food Basket, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by UTILITYMAY(m): 10:46am On Nov 27, 2018
ANN Governorship Candidate; Ademola Ogunbanjo, featuring on OGUN 2019 GOVERNORSHIP as special Guest. Excerpts.

"I’m running to win. The track is open to all. Let the race begin. We will see at the end of the line."

How do you intends to run an all inclusive government where everyone benefits maximally without bias?

We are a state of diverse interests, but our aspirations are common. Our people are tired of existing or surviving; their aspiration is to thrive where they’ve been planted. The programs we have planned will cut across all the districts and social classes. I am running for Ogun State Governor, not Ijebu or Ogun East. Our programs ‘no go look face’ or consider party affiliations; that’s actually unconstitutional. We will also appoint highly qualified people from across the state into various offices in my administration. We are committed to setting the gold standards for governance in Ogun State - he said.

On Agricultural Sector, what's your plan?

The State will be the food basket of the region (South West). You must know that our land is 74% arable, and to extract the full potential of this resource, we must invest in seeds for yield optimization, encourage the formation of agric cooperatives across crops cultivation categories and empower them with mechanization, encourage private sector investment in agriculture, create what I call the Ogun Youths in Agriculture- OYA program, and actively pursue the produce to product agenda.

How do you intend to win, considering the factors like money bag politics and majority concentrations on either PDP or APC?

Faith without works is dead. Faith with works will produce good success. We will keep working. We will keep engaging the people. We will continue to go from village to village and town to town. We will without repentance sow the seed of hope in the hearts of our people. We will raise disciples who will water the seeds, and we will let the scripture come to pass that says “Paul sows, Apollos waters, but only God gives the increase”. We will do everything you must do if you’re running for office to win. We will only leave out vote buying, because that’s not the kind of increase God gives.

Given the infrastructures are provided in the rural areas, how do you which to attract the medical personnel to those areas? And the cases that need to be referred to urban areas, will be sent out through what MODES?

You already solved the issue in your question, sir. You alluded to poor infrastructure being in the way of good healthcare delivery; so, we solve the infrastructure problem. We run a mobile healthcare program if we must. We upgrade or build brand new hospitals with standard facilities. We make rural postings for health workers attractive. That’s what we do in Oil and Gas; we send people to the fields with incentives, and we rotate their postings regularly. We engage missionary health workers if we must; they’ve always been more interested in the rural areas anyway.

What strategies would you put in place to ensure compliance to constituted regulations will be beyond your power to influence its actions and inactions, if you eventually become the governor of Ogun State?

One of the ways to ensure that all arms of government do their jobs and are allowed to enforce the law without favoritism is to empower the press. Give them unfettered access. They are the mirrors of society; they show us who we are. When they’re broken, cracked or with blemish, our reflection is distorted. Governance is public service; let the press show the public what you’re doing, and everyone will begin to behave themselves because of public scrutiny. Allow enforcement. Lead by example. Don’t condone impunity even from your closest allies. Just allow the rule of law reign supreme. I recently told a friend of mine he’d go to jail if he gets a job from my administration and doesn’t deliver. I MEANT IT!!!

#Utility Mayor

Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by AbleChuks1(m): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by Youngbbt: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2018
many have promise few manage to deliver. ..

sir where do you belong?
Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by Newton4god: 11:41am On Nov 27, 2018
I believe in ANN vision.
A New Nigeria is Possible
Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by fotomania73(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
#ANN will make the difference, #ANewNigeria goal will be birthed if we all make the new Nigeria a priority.
Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by danemmy20: 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
I Stand With (ANN) Alliance For New Nigeria...
I Stand With Fela Durotoye For President 2019...
I Stand With Ademola For Ogun State...
I Stand With Abel Behora For Adamawa State...
I Stand With the NATION BUILDER'S
ANN The Difference...
Opportunities For All...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by jasfore: 9:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
I believe in Fela Durotoye
#ANN
#Governanceforall
You guys are good to go.

1 Like

Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by Auladimeji1: 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2018
Honestly with the type of land in Ogun,if Lagos can have access to it,they should just turn it to farm.They will feed the nation.The governor of Ogun is a criminal that deserve jail term for wasting that amount of land at was name PMB estate

Re: I Will Turn Ogun State Into The Food Basket Of South West- Ademola Ogunbanjo by Omololu001: 10:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
Auladimeji1:
Honestly with the type of land in Ogun,if Lagos can have access to it,they should just turn it to farm.They will feed the nation.The governor of Ogun is a criminal that deserve jail term for wasting that amount of land at was name PMB estate
no state in the south east can compete with Ogun state in terms of IGR

(1) (Reply)

Checkout This Throwback Pic Of Ibb & Abdulsalami Wit Their Classmates In 1957 / Hilarious Tweets Between Buhari And Atiku Fans / See How APC Destroyed Nigeria In 18yrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.