Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:46 AM

14yo Girl Of International High Sch Sapele, Delta State Stuns UBA. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 14yo Girl Of International High Sch Sapele, Delta State Stuns UBA. (612 Views)

Thousands Of International Students In Canada Face Deportation, Sparking Protes / International High School Or Undergraduate Scholarships / Countries with the highest number of International Students in the United States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

14yo Girl Of International High Sch Sapele, Delta State Stuns UBA. by yublings(m): 11:17am On Nov 27, 2018
Two girls and a boy took the top three spots in this year’s edition of the UBA Foundation’s National Essay Competition as 14–year old Odjegba Divine Omesiri emerged the overall winner, carting away a brand new laptop as well as an educational grant worth N2 million to study in any African university of her choice.
Miss Odjegba, a student of the International High School, Delta State, clinched the first position at the grand finale, which was held on Monday at the UBA House, Marina Lagos. She defeated 11 other finalists selected from over 6,000 entries received by the UBA Foundation from students of senior secondary schools across Nigeria. This year’s edition saw over 500 per cent increase in participation from pupils across every single state of the federation.
A visibly elated Miss Odjegba who was accompanied by her mother, Mrs Odjegba, said she was excited to have come top in the competition, adding that the experience has given her the confidence that she can face great challenges and emerge a winner. Winning the competition, she said, would help her pursue her childhood dreams of becoming a Gynecologist. “This is something I prayed about and worked hard to achieve. I was in shock to hear my name announced as the winner and my mother and I cried for joy. I am indeed very grateful to UBA and the Foundation for this huge opportunity and making me believe in myself. This grant will go a long way to support my bid for quality education.”
The second prize was bagged by Ozemoka Halimat Emesomi, aged 15, of University Preparatory Secondary School, Edo State, who won a N1.5 million educational grant and a laptop, while the third prize of N1,000,000 and a brand new lap top went to Adiankpo Ini-Iso Christopher, 16 years old. Christopher attends the Nigerian Christian Institute Akwa Ibom State. The other 9 finalists all received brand new lap tops.....

Source : premiumtimesng.com

(1) (Reply)

list of cheap and affordable Poly Is Still Admitting For Hnd / Official List Of Courses Offered In Sokoto State University(ssu). / FG, ASUU To Meet On Monday To End Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.