Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Thank God I Spoke Out!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thank God I Spoke Out!!! (406 Views)

Thank You God. I Finally Graduated With Upper / Thank God Av Been Admitted!!! / Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by toshibad(m): 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello friends,
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196

On 30th of July 2018, I was forced to make create a thread on this forum, where I voiced out my frustrations and sadness. Here's the link

https://www.nairaland.com/4591122/where-go-here-need-advice

Thses guys:
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196
gave me various honest advice which I followed.

I honestly followed your various advice strictly (though it was not easy and it cost me alot of cash thanks to my parents too) I can confidently say now that my life is back on track (better than my previous situation).

I went to a computer school in Surulere and learnt web programming (PHP and MYSQL) and at the same time, I also went out to mix with people (thank God I did) in the process of doing that, I met with a man that promised me a job after the completion of my web programming class. He said all he wanted in me was the programmer locked deep inside of me.

I am here to testify that I got the job (although the pay is not that much, but its something), in a learning environment ( meaning that its a career job), I got an apartment (I am now staying alone, feeding and clothing myself and I am also responsible for my upkeep).

I can now see my life has a purpose and a meaning.

I really thank the Almighty God for making me come to this forum to voice out my frustration and sadness (if not I would have probably done something terrible o myself before now) once again I want to really appreciate
@ DonDemu
@
@ DoctorRo
@ empire2017
@mankand
@clems93
@Maj196
for making out time to encourage and advice me, I took everyone's advise to heart and worked on them and today, here I am doing better than before and I have also made myself available to people around me who are in the same or similar shoes I was once in who need advice and counselling.

God bless you guys real good(Amen).

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by LordeCalifornia: 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
toshibad

how much did it cost you to learn PHP and MYSQL? and the duration.

or more preferably, how much do you think it would cost me to learn PHP Web design on a professional level?
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
So good to read this and the initial thread now.
I am happy your life has a new meaning now.
You have a great and wonderful future ahead of you young man.
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by toshibad(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
LordeCalifornia:
toshibad

how much did it cost you to learn PHP and MYSQL? and the duration.

or more preferably, how much do you think it would cost me to learn PHP Web design on a professional level?

I did web development which included HTML, CSS, Javascript, php & MYSQL(but my major was php and MYSQL), so for the web development course I paid 75k and its a 3months course which ran through Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 3hours on each day.

But this price differs from other computer schools ooooooo, as some schools charge as much as 250k for the same package for 3hours Monday to Friday or Monday, Wednesday & Friday. But trust me, those that charge higher are worth it as some schools will give lunch during your training and their classes have air-conditioners plus after training, the send you for work experience (Industrial Training) .

But the truth is that no institute will teach you everything irrespective of how much you pay, you will have to go and learn the rest on your own as you work.
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by toshibad(m): 2:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
TheGreenLand:
So good to read this and the initial thread now.
I am happy your life has a new meaning now.
You have a great and wonderful future ahead of you young man.

Thanks man. God bless you...
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by LordeCalifornia: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
toshibad:

I did web development which included HTML, CSS, Javascript, php & MYSQL(but my major was php and MYSQL), so for the web development course I paid 75k and its a 3months course which ran through Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 3hours on each day.

But this price differs from other computer schools ooooooo, as some schools charge as much as 250k for the same package for 3hours Monday to Friday or Monday, Wednesday & Friday. But trust me, those that charge higher are worth it as some schools will give lunch during your training and their classes have air-conditioners plus after training, the send you for work experience (Industrial Training) .

But the truth is that no institute will teach you everything irrespective of how much you pay, you will have to go and learn the rest on your own as you work.
alright..

Thanks much.
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by lightwhite: 4:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
I know that feeling of hopelessness. Thank God for you. This is only the beginning of bigger things.
Re: Thank God I Spoke Out!!! by toshibad(m): 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
lightwhite:
I know that feeling of hopelessness. Thank God for you. This is only the beginning of bigger things.

Thank you and God bless

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly Idah 2018/2019 2nd Nd (full-time) Admission List. / . / ASUU Strike Update :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.