Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? (1496 Views)

To All The Married Peeps How Is Your Marriage Like? / A Perfect Marriage? / What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
PERFECT MARRIAGE
Almost everybody will love to experience the unconditional feelings of perfect marriage with their spouse that lead to happy home, but the question that pose itself says, Do you work towards it?.
The fact is that there is no cutting corner or secret to a perfect marriage, it is just the matter of maintaining the right principle which is achievable.
There is a famous saying where the perfect marriage can only be found between a deaf and a blind couple, because the deaf husband cannot hear the nagging of his wife, while the blind wife cannot see the shortcomings of her husband.
To my own observation being in love with each other is more than what most people could ask for in a relationship, but even love is not enough to sustain a relationship there are other factors to put in place. I want you to understand the fact that the best marriage in the world can run into trouble just because the couple tend to take the simplest things for granted.
People from various countries have married their spouse based on different reason, which can either be to have a family, wealth, to have someone to grow with and security, this all matters but there is a bigger reason. Marriage is when you give so much of yourself and yet you feel whole.
One glaring thing I have seen about some couples in our society is that they don’t exercise patience to understand themselves if they are compatible before getting married which has later put their Marital home in jeopardy.
In brevity, something as special as marriage should be nurtured forever, so what are the principles?
[1]PRAYER: this is just the matter of praying base on your religion for a successful and happy home, because the seed of love is created by the power of God and by doing this it will always renew the feeling and guide the couple not to fall into temptation.
[2]TRUST: trust is one of the important key in relationship, so if the couple wants a long-lasting relationship they must maintain what is known as trust among themselves.
[3]LOVE: build your relationship on true love, because true love will always last longer no matter the circumstances in your relationship.
[4]PATIENCE: We all need patience in coping with most things in life either in relationship or in other aspect of life, patience is very important to let you fully understand and overcome most of our obstacle.
[5]CONTROLLING ANGER: anger is inevitable to human, but the person that is slow to anger has the great understanding.
The only way to cope with your anger is to inculcate the habit of letting go of resentment and practicing forgiveness.
Thomas Fuller observes, "He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself; for every man has need to be forgiven." Without forgiveness, your life becomes an endless cycle of anger, resentment, and retaliation. You practice forgiveness so that you can stop ruminating about the past and put your energy into the present moment. And it will also free you from the poisonous effects of resentment. Then, you can experience peace of mind and bring that inner peacefulness into your marriage. You will never have a peaceful marriage until you are at peace within yourself.
In a nutshell there is still more to perfect marriage that led to happy home than what we have here but by applying this principle you have got above average opportunity of building happy home.
Hope you enjoy this little advice, Thanks to GOD and connect love.
Connect love is a programme arranged for people to ask question on their plight about relationship and also to create an opportunity for single, divorce, widow and single parent to meet their future partner that share the same interest with them.
With the help of connect love programme people will be given the opportunity to meet the people of their choice that share the same interest with them at the programme and from there start a relationship that will lead to marriage.
To partake in this programme you will have to register with us.
For more enquiries and questions about this article you can contact us through this information:
CONNECTLOVE
3rd floor 2nd block, lister building, M.K.O Abiola Way, Ring-Road, Ibadan, Oyo state, Nigeria. 08066204478
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by sweeti14(f): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
As far as i am concerned there is nothing like a "PERFECT MARRIAGE". Just my own two cents! undecided
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
There is no such thing as a perfect marriage every marriage has its ups and downs and we have to commend those who stick with it for the long haul.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Moyola(f): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
. . .even wiv all these still comes a marriage that is no way near Perfect!
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by tpiah: 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
i've never seen a perfect marriage.

except on television.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by mamagee3(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
A perfect marriage is a union in which a husband or a wife bears the offences committed from one spouse.

they both endure hardships together.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by tomiade1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
mama-gee:

A perfect marriage is a union in which a husband or a wife bears the offences committed from one spouse.

they both endure hardships together.

yup yup!. . .well said sis wink
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by mamagee3(f): 9:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
tomi_ade:

yup yup!. . .well said sis wink
Thanks. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 4:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
i wish you can read and understand the nitty gritty of what i mean by marriage
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by sophy09: 8:30pm On Aug 04, 2010
There is no perfect marriage because there is no perfect human being. We all have our shortcomings and values.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by mamagee3(f): 2:10am On Aug 05, 2010
There's no perfect marriage. . .

Every marriage has its own rollercoaster of problems, conditions aren't permanent.

But there's sure a loving marriage.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by Sissy3(f): 4:32am On Aug 05, 2010
there is nothing as "perfection" in life, talk-less of marriage.

good marriage? yes, happy/peaceful marriage? yes. perfect marriage? no

the things you describe as more like steps to at least "good"/peaceful marriage
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by invisible2(m): 5:43am On Aug 05, 2010
Perfect marriage, yeah, a situation where the wifey kneels to serve me food and doesn't ask to shop everytime!
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by repNaija: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2010
No such thing
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by harakiri(m): 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2010
Getting married to 3 different women each year.That way, you don't get to deal with their bULLs.hit e.g mid-life crisis,nagging and all that.By the time they are done nagging with each other, their energy would be spent.Anything other than this is BS! ! !
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by beingme(f): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2010
no perfect marriage
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2010
i understand your comment.but i didn't mention that their won't be ups and down it's normal to have that in relationship.but you have to forgive if he/she is guilty. but i wish everyone can understand that with God all things are possible so stop looking at things base on your condition.what i expect you to do is to ask yourself am i doing the right things as a responsible husband/wife.
if you need full understanding and explanation.why can't you call instead of hiding yourself from information that can make you have peace and happiness in your home.
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by SunnyChus(m): 11:47pm On Aug 12, 2010
The Bible teaches that the covenant of marriage is sacred and lifelong. The Bible makes it clear that marriage is a legally binding public declaration of commitment and a private consummation between one man and one woman, never between the same sex. Therefore, I believe God gives a wife to a husband and a husband to a wife, and they are to receive one another as God's unique and personal provision to help meet their mutual needs.
I believe God created marriage for the purpose of couples glorifying God as one flesh, parenting godly children, and enjoying sexual pleasure. As iron sharpens iron, we believe God uses marriage to sharpen a man and woman into the image of Jesus Christ. Just as the Trinity reflects equal worth with differing roles, God created a man and a woman with equal worth but with differing roles and responsibilities in marriage.
Finally, I declare the marriage commitment must be upheld in our culture as that sacred institution of God in which men and women can experience the truest sense of spiritual, emotional, and physical intimacy, so that the two can become one. (Genesis 2:18-25; Ephesians 5:30-32; 1 Corinthians 7:3; Matthew 19:4-6; Mark 10:6-9, 12:25; Proverbs 27:17; Romans 1:26-27, 8:29; Hebrews 13:4; Matthew 22:30; Deuteronomy 24:5; Song of Solomon)
www.familylifeguide..com
Re: What Is A Perfect Marriage Like? by raddyworld: 10:55am On Sep 20, 2010
with God all things are possible

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Marriage Tips - The Stages Of Marriage Failure And Solutions / Parent & Parent-inlaw wahala (Picture this mumsy hears u guys digging it) / Who's More Responsible For The Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.