Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' (581 Views)

Nigerian Pilot Excited After Flying His Mom, Poses With Her In The Cockpit. Pics / Pilot Couple Carrying 324 Fired After They Fought And Both Abandoned The Cockpit / What Major Cities Looks Like At Night From The Cockpit Of A Boeing 777 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' by EbukaHades10(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
A pilot allegedly slept off in the cockpit during a chartered flight and flew nearly 50km past its destination.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau in a statement confirmed the incident and said they are investigating a case of 'pilot incapacitation' following the November 8 flight from Devonport in Tasmania to neighbouring King Island.

Flight tracking data published Online showed the 6.21am flight landed safely at King Island Airport near the town of Currie despite overshooting its target by 46km.

The data, obtained by The Australian, showed the trip was one of seven flights flown that day by the Piper PA-31 Navajo VH-TWU.

In the statement, the ATSB alleged that 'during the cruise the pilot fell asleep resulting in the aircraft overflying King Island by 46km'.

Investigators have classified it as a 'serious operational incident' and are in the process of collecting evidence ahead of a final report.
Cc;Mynd44

Re: Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' by emmie14: 6:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
Stupid naïve and cheap imaginative lair. You think aircraft is kekenapepe?

2 Likes

Re: Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' by Rextizzle(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
The pilot must be high
Re: Plane Flies Past Its Destination After The Pilot 'falls Asleep In The Cockpit ' by EbukaHades10(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
emmie14:
Stupid naïve and cheap imaginative lair. You think aircraft is kekenapepe?
Hey,u do u bro. I wasn't the one that flew d plane.

Besides,google it and find out or not.

(1) (Reply)

LASTMA And 15 Other State Traffic Management Agencies You Need To Know – FRSC / Advice Needed / I Want To Book My Flight Myself Online.......someone Should Help Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.