Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,365 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Massob Lobbies American Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob Lobbies American Government (2288 Views)

Postponement Of Elections In Nigeria, American Government Release Statement / Defection: Tambuwal Lobbies Reps Against Impeachment / The American Government Calls Goodluck's Regime Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob Lobbies American Government by Mbeki: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
The Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), a separatist group pushing for the secession of the five South-East states from Nigeria, has begun lobbying the United Nations, American authorities, and other Western countries to back its campaign.

At the head of the intense lobbying activities, which has seen the group reaching out to key American government officials and policy makers, is a Nigerian-born United States-based lobbyist, Chukwuma Obi, himself a veteran of the Nigerian Civil War.

In a report he filed with the department of justice, in line with the Foreign Agent Registration Act, Mr. Obi, based in Yorktown, Virginia, said he received a brief from MASSOB's founder, Ralph Uwazurike, last year to lobby officials of the United Nations, American state department, and Congress so that the Biafran issue would be debated in Congress.

"More importantly," Mr. Obi said, he has the responsibility "to convince world organisations to see the importance of a plebiscite for the Biafrans through a democratic process to determine if they would want a breakaway Biafra or be in Nigeria.

"We will present in writing and documented evidence the killing of Ibos in the north of Nigeria to Western governments, particularly the United States and Great Britain. We will document by correspondences and verifiable proof why and how our securities are purposely compromised by the use of the police and military."
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by olabukola: 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
This Omo Ibo are getting serious.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Mbeki: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
Do u think they stand any chance?
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by olabukola: 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
^ If they present their case well maybe and this Nigeria(Ibo) woman in UN might be of help but. Who cares anyway, Nigeria will be better off without them kinappers.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Mbeki: 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
Naija blood is already in every tribe, so breaking away will not remove the looting of public treasury in the new Biafra State, if anything, it will get worse!
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
olabukola:

^ If they present their case well maybe and this Nigeria(Ibo) woman in UN might be of help but. Who cares anyway, Nigeria will be better off without them kinappers.
still i want one naija even with their wahala. Lol
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by udezue(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
Good news.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Mbeki: 9:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
If Biafra should materialize, is it the likes of Orji Uzo Kalu, Chris Uba, Mbadinuju, Chimaroke that'll be leading the people?
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
Mbeki:

If Biafra should materialize, is it the likes of Orji Uzo Kalu, Chris Uba, Mbadinuju, Chimaroke that'll be leading the people?

No, they will be executed by WE the people!

We have other leaders who will be leading us to the promise land like Chinua Achebe, Pat Utomi, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and so forth.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 9:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
I pray to God that this succeeds. If tiny little Kosovo can get their independence, then we Igbos shall have a chance.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Mbeki: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
I read a short book by Chinua Achebe titled[b]"The problem with Nigeria"[/b] written in the early 80ties; the man was lamenting about the state of the Nation then and was very hopeful that by the turn of the millennium that the country will be better; Ten years into the millennium and still counting, the nation is worse than before; No wonder the man left Nigeria for US. it's disheartening.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by olabukola: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2010
~Bluetooth:

still i want one naija even with their wahala. Lol
Any reason for wanting them? Do you like wahala of what? I just don't understand your post.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Eziachi: 2:49am On Jul 29, 2010
Mbeki:

How many of those names you scribbled down do you know before the year 1999?
They are all Nigerian state's groomed agents born of Igbo parents. That doesn't make them Biafran leaders, now or in the future.
You will know and see the real Biafran leaders when the time  comes. Enough said!
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by bkbabe90(m): 2:52am On Jul 29, 2010
The West will just laugh and say . . . "Look at this jungle animals. . . " . lol. They lucky the U.S hasnt even labelled them a terrorist organization like they did with the Ijaw Youth Council!
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 29, 2010
With the US, they stand no chance but with UN, they have a huge representative there right now and if they want to actualize their Biafra dream, now is the time. An Igbo heads the UN security council right? If that is so, they need to connect with him on issues concerning peace for Nigeria and their foremost agenda which is Biafra and splitting of Nigeria should be their main point of discussion. It can happen NOW more than ever if they are smart with it.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 3:05am On Jul 29, 2010
9jaganja:

With the US, they stand no chance but with UN, they have a huge representative there right now and if they want to actualize their Biafra dream, now is the time. An Igbo heads the UN security council right? If that is so, they need to connect with him on issues concerning peace for Nigeria and their foremost agenda which is Biafra and splitting of Nigeria should be their main point of discussion. It can happen NOW more than ever if they are smart with it.

You confuse me. Aren't you one of the proponents of "One Nigeria?" Why would you be giving advice to Biafra supporters?

Concerning this issue, I think African self-determination groups should wait till the Sudanese referendum and watch the outcome of that event. Then we can focus if it is feasible. All eyes will be on Sudan.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Eziachi: 3:41am On Jul 29, 2010
9jaganja:

The Biafra agenda is not ambigious, the agenda is not to split, dissolve or disintegrate Nigeria. Our agenda is to deserve the right to be part of Nigerian polygamous marriage or to opt out. Those who wish and are comfortable with that marriage can stay if that is their choice.

Regarding the U.N, MASSOB in joint effort with BLF and Biafra government in exile, in the early part of this century submitted a 2001 page document at the UN asking for plebicide according to laid down procedure of the organisation based on the right to self determination. It was directly handed over to Kofi Annan then as the secretary general, I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE IN PERSON AS PART OF THE DELEGATION. It was the same day southern Sudan Submittd theirs.

This is the period of hard underground effort in collection of facts, data and evidence for the D-day, of which all the voluteering guys at the Biafra House in Washington are doing a great job. Biafra House that cost us over 2 million dollars through voluntary donations of Biafrans and sympathizers was commissioned in 2003 by His Excellency Dim Emeka Ojukwu and in attendance were four U.S congressmen and thousands of Biafrans that came from all over the world.

Biafran House is where the now twice weekly Voice of Biafra (VON)broadcast from on the shortwave frequency to 62 countries.
We knew it will be a long journey, that may only be realised by our grand children but that is okay, patient is the word. As southern Sudan has already been given a date as we speak, hastened by events in the Darfur region.

This process takes time and according to the rule, when Biafra time comes, it will be called up for discussion at the U.N, that is where the real legal fireworks begin. We have already hired a top U.S attorney that specialized in that field, along with 5 other Biafran U.S base attorneys. I am sure Nigeria is also getting ready when the day arrives.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by OgidiBoy(m): 3:53am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^ very interesting post, I've never head of this Biafra House, what happens there? and is it possible to listen to this voice of Biafra online. I sure would love to learn more.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Onlytruth(m): 4:02am On Jul 29, 2010
Eziachi:

The Biafra agenda is not ambigious, the agenda is not to split, dissolve or disintegrate Nigeria. Our agenda is to deserve the right to be part of Nigerian polygamous marriage or to opt out. Those who wish and are comfortable with that marriage can stay if that is their choice.

Regarding the U.N, MASSOB in joint effort with BLF and Biafra government in exile, in the early part of this century submitted a 2001 page document at the UN asking for plebicide according to laid down procedure of the organisation based on the right to self determination. It was directly handed over to Kofi Annan then as the secretary general, I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE I WAS THERE IN PERSON AS PART OF THE DELEGATION. It was the same day southern Sudan Submittd theirs.

This is the period of hard underground effort in collection of facts, data and evidence for the D-day, of which all the voluteering guys at the Biafra House in Washington are doing a great job. Biafra House that cost us over 2 million dollars through voluntary donations of Biafrans and sympathizers was commissioned in 2003 by His Excellency Dim Emeka Ojukwu and in attendance were four U.S congressmen and thousands of Biafrans that came from all over the world.

Biafran House is where the now twice weekly Voice of Biafra (VON)broadcast from on the shortwave frequency to 62 countries.
We knew it will be a long journey, that may only be realised by our grand children but that is okay, patient is the word. As southern Sudan has already been given a date as we speak, hastened by events in the Darfur region.

This process takes time and according to the rule, when Biafra time comes, it will be called up for discussion at the U.N, that is where the real legal fireworks begin. We have already hired a top U.S attorney that specialized in that field, along with 5 other Biafran U.S base attorneys. I am sure Nigeria is also getting ready when the day arrives.

I know for sure that Igbos can raise billions of dollars in support of a Biafran project.
I see that some folks are still baffled at this Biafran resilience. They don't know us, I swear. undecided
Thanks for this post Eziachi. cool
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 4:12am On Jul 29, 2010
Onlytruth:

I know for sure that Igbos can raise billions of dollars in support of a Biafran project.
I see that some folks are still baffled at this Biafran resilience. They don't know us, I swear. undecided
Thanks for this post Eziachi. cool

We need more organization with this Biafra movement. From what I have seen, it seems like we Igbos do not have organization for this movement. Once we get the organization, then we can get the populace to our side. I am in full support of the realization of Biafra, but I was to see a consolidated organization. Not all these splinter groups.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Becomrich0: 4:15am On Jul 29, 2010
enugu state

Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Becomrich0: 4:16am On Jul 29, 2010
Ebonyi state

Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 4:18am On Jul 29, 2010
Becomrich0,

We do not need your maps in this thread. We Igbos know our own land.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Becomrich0: 4:21am On Jul 29, 2010
I know you know your land. That why I am showing you. so that you remember your land very well. since you have been living abroad for too long.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Nobody: 4:23am On Jul 29, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin "
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by EzeUche(m): 4:25am On Jul 29, 2010
Becomrich0:

I know you know your land. That why I am showing you. so that you remember your land very well. since you have been living abroad for too long.

Very nice Becomrich0. Well continue with your maps as long as you do not bring up the issue of the Delta Igbo.

Igbo kwenu! cheesy
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUche:

You confuse me. Aren't you one of the proponents of "One Nigeria?" Why would you be giving advice to Biafra supporters?

Concerning this issue, I think African self-determination groups should wait till the Sudanese referendum and watch the outcome of that event. Then we can focus if it is feasible. All eyes will be on Sudan.

Because I'm tired of whining that's why. If they can do better on their own and I believe they can, they need to stop verbally prosecuting Yorubas and do what they can for self determination. Believe If Igbos use their resources wisely, unlike Nigeria, they will have a successful nation and same applies to all parts of Nigeria. Don't get me wrong I will like to see a unified Nigeria but it's becoming a dream I'm forced to see in broad day light by it's opponent. If you can achieve it without war, good lord, go for it. One Nigeria is overrated if we can't have it!!
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by metalgong5(m): 4:35am On Jul 29, 2010
bk/babe90:

The West will just laugh and say . . . "Look at this jungle animals. . . " . lol. They lucky the U.S hasnt even labelled them a terrorist organization like they did with the Ijaw Youth Council!

Moronic Latino bast.ard . . . .  I hope you are still on the psychiatric medication.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Becomrich0: 4:39am On Jul 29, 2010
When dog they follow Ikita dem play, ikita think say dog no go bite him. Make una go beg Jonathan to go the united nation. If not. Igbo people are finish, finito.  O mara what I am saying. make una go shout for him make him go the united nation. We share with northerners.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Eziachi: 4:44am On Jul 29, 2010
OgidiBoy:

^^^ very interesting post, I've never head of this Biafra House, what happens there? and is it possible to listen to this voice of Biafra online. I sure would love to learn more.
Biafra House is a very nice edifice that any nation can proudly call their embassy house. If you are by any chance  in Washington DC, to and visit. They had over 50K visitors last years. Everything there is voluntary, most of us has spent our fortune there. A little correction from before. Biafra House was commissioned on Sept 8
The address is: 1717 K Street, Suit 600, Washington DC. Tel:2025083795, Fax 2025083759.

Voice of Biafra international broadcast on the shortwave radio band of 15.28 Mhz - On the 19 metre band.
20.00-2.00 UTC
9.00-10.00 GMT every Friday
You can listen to pod cast or recorded through from Saturdays.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by OgidiBoy(m): 4:52am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^ Eziachi I thank you for the information, Just visited Biafraland for the first time, wow I'm impressed. This Biafra thing is serious ohh all this time

I thought it was just a bunch of Igbo youth making noise.
Re: Massob Lobbies American Government by Eziachi: 4:58am On Jul 29, 2010
EzeUche:

We need more organization with this Biafra movement. From what I have seen, it seems like we Igbos do not have organization for this movement. Once we get the organization, then we can get the populace to our side. I am in full support of the realization of Biafra, but I was to see a consolidated organization. Not all these splinter groups.

There are many depending on where you reside, in Europe, the strongest and most well organised is in the Netherland, Austria and Ukraine. Gabon, Cameroon and South Africa is also well organised.  Few years ago, Paul Biya named the newly built Douala central market officially as Biafra Market (Marche Biafra) and allows our flags to fly there to the protest of the Nigerian high commissioner in Yaoundé.

If you live in the U.K/Ireland, there is a new organisation formed by Biafra professional in both countries and I think they are called the "GOOD SHEPHERED", check them out. They are currently doing a very good underground job for the future, especially with the WESTMINSTER and now we got three of children there as MPs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Speakership: Northern Reps Reject Zoning, Insist On Competence / South Africa Reduces Price Of Petrol For 2012 / Regional Integration Will Not Solve Our Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.