Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha (25228 Views)

PDP To Adopt Another Party In Anambra In Order To Beat INEC Deadline / "PDP Must Not Lose Kwankwaso To Another Party" - FFK Says / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by JosEast(m): 6:04am On Nov 28, 2018
Governor Rochas Okorocha, yesterday, gave a hint that his son-in-law and former Chief of Staff, Uche Nwosu, will vie for the Imo State governorship on the platform of another party.

Nwosu, who is also a governorship contender of the APC, and others who did not make it during the recent primary elections, would most likely quit the ruling party for another to pursue their ambitions.

Okorocha said he would not stop any of his aggrieved loyalists from defecting.

Our correspondent gathered that no fewer than 27 members of the Imo State House of Assembly and National Assembly candidates, including Nwosu, who felt aggrieved from the conduct the APC primaries, may be heading to another party before the substitution window closes on December 1.

Okorocha said while he would support their aspirations elsewhere, he remained in APC and would contest the Orlu senatorial election under the party.

The governor, however, maintained that Nwosu and all the aggrieved candidates remained his choices and would get his support under any platform they chose to realise their ambitions.

Okorocha, speaking at a media parley in Owerri, said Nwosu under whatever platform remained his preferred governorship candidate, describing the emergence of the APC governorship candidate, Senator Hope Uzodinma, as “the worst imposition in Nigerian political history.”

But the Imo governor reassured President Muhammadu Buhari that his followers would deliver him at the presidential election and vowed to deal with any of them who disobeyed him.

According to him, “What will happen is that while they move to realise their ambition under any other platform, I remain in APC and support them. Such parties will have no presidential candidate, but will adopt President Muhammadu Buhari as their candidate.

“What we saw in Imo APC was a clear case of injustice and the worst imposition in history. The party members are aggrieved and they will be moving to another party to pursue their ambitions and I am not going to stop them, but we are going to form alliance with whichever party they choose to deliver President Buhari.

“In the 2019 general elections, we are going to vote for candidates and not political parties. I am in the best position to assess the candidates and I know that among all the governorship candidates, Nwosu remains the best. I have told Imo people to check the records of those clamouring to govern the state before voting for them.

“What is happening in Imo APC is interesting and strange, a party known for uprightness, justice and fairness as exemplified by President Muhammadu Buhari, has been dented by the actions of the national chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, for whatever reasons he is yet to disclose.

“I have been trying to manage the situation but I have no moral justification to stop the aggrieved candidates who felt short-changed from realizing their ambitions in any other party but I have not left APC and do not intend to leave APC. But you must realize that in Imo we don’t play party politics but politics of individuals. People did not join APC because of anybody but because of me,” he said.

Okorocha expressed regret that Imo people were short-changed by the three major political parties – APC, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), and All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) – in their choice of governorship candidates, saying that all of them were imposed on the people.

When Daily Trust sought the views of Nwosu on the comments of the governor, he was non-committal.

Nwosu, who was silent on his next line of action, however, gave assurance that he would mobilize all the aggrieved APC members to work for President Buhari’s victory in spite of any provocation.

He said the actions of the APC national chairman would not affect his support for President Muhammadu Buhari.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-son-in-law-will-contest-imo-govship-in-another-party-okorocha.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by pyyxxaro: 6:05am On Nov 28, 2018
This is the Height of Iberiberism

Make e go contest naa, even their dog for compound nor go vote for am undecided

97 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by escodotman: 6:06am On Nov 28, 2018
Okorocha the rogue. The video of the estate of mansions you built in collaboration with your wife is still in the public domain. You intend to remain in APC, contest for senator and ''deliver votes for Buhari'' but sponsor your son inlaw to contest in another party for governorship election. Okorocha must think himself as a god and all Imo people as foolish. His blind and selfish ambition may just be his downfall. Both Okorocha and Buhari himself are failures and thieves who should be rejected by the sane.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by mightyhazell: 6:13am On Nov 28, 2018
Team iberiberism

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Pubichairs(m): 6:19am On Nov 28, 2018
This has shown this man has another motive in mind for the people of IMO state, since he desperately wants to hold on to power

IMO PEOPLE WAKE UP AND SAY NO TO THAT SHIT

17 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by fukushaki(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2018
grin
Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by tamonokare: 6:22am On Nov 28, 2018
“In the 2019 general elections, we are going to vote for candidates and not political parties. I am in the best position to assess the candidates and I know that among all the governorship candidates, Nwosu remains the best. I have told Imo people to check the records of those clamouring to govern the state before voting for them.

Okoro iberibe. So na only you dey in the best position in the whole of Imo State to assess the governorship candidates ? And Nwosu , your son-in-law , na the best abi ? Dia is God oo. Senatorial ticket no enter your eye. Make selfish ambition no kill u oo.

16 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Racoon(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2018
"...But you must realize that in Imo we don’t play party politics but politics of individuals. People did not join APC because of anybody but because of me,” he said.

shocked See grandeur delusion.Iberiberism master fully iberiberized.Ndi Imo ekele'm kwa unu.Uche Nwosu agha gi still bu sorry.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by oluwasegun007(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2018
The Nigga is so pained....

Imagine you leave there and you wan anoint your son in law.

I can imagine how imo people feel.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Abjay97(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2018
h
Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by HisSexcellency(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2018
Na by force to be governor of imo state ni by 2019undecided
Rochas will destroy his political career and goodwill by himself if he continues pushing for his son-in-law to become governor by all means.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by femtex007(m): 6:36am On Nov 28, 2018
This man is not just serious

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Abjay97(m): 6:38am On Nov 28, 2018
Apc in South East right now

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Bossontop(m): 6:38am On Nov 28, 2018
undecided
Ok

3 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by emerged01(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
Finally,the effect of the spirit's slap is manifesting.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by elotajohn1(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
Iberibe na enye Onye ara morale

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Iyajelili(f): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
This is what happens when you're greedy and selfish but destined for doom

4 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
It is much expected.

1 Like

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by strangest(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
okay

1 Like

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
Goodluck to you

1 Like

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by israelmao(m): 6:39am On Nov 28, 2018
Okorach is sinking in style.

3 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Hector09(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Our politician have monopolise everything in the country some people thought that their tribe are born to rule and their generations are born to rule

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by etebefia: 6:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Rochas Okorocha and his son in-law has been iberiberized by APC, please let that boy-boy Uche nwosu join another party so that Imo people will have their turn to iberiberize the him.

6 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by pol23: 6:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Okoroawusa..

5 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by donplato(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Is Imo state your personal property Mr Rochas? you want you and your family to rule for 16 years...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by coolfredo(m): 6:40am On Nov 28, 2018
Ok we have hear u sir,

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Pavore9: 6:41am On Nov 28, 2018
Desperation! angry

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by MarianaTrench: 6:42am On Nov 28, 2018
This Okoroawusa guy is very shameless

6 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by Yemi4real3(m): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2018
wasting of time

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by FrenchWay: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2018
kiss
Politics of 'any where belle face'

2 Likes

Re: My Son In-law Will Contest Imo Gov’ship In Another Party – Okorocha by kelvyn7: 6:43am On Nov 28, 2018
because he must be governor by all means

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aminu Dantata Donates ₦50 Million, Toilets & Boreholes To School In Kano / Fulani Herdsmen Shot Farmers In Oyo, Burnt Cashew Farm / Tinubu Moves To Block Atiku’s Fresh Petition On Chicago Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.