Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,050 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones (1276 Views)

Screen ON Time Challenge (SOT) / The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / 6 Best Android Phones Below N15,000 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones by deviceteck: 8:10am On Nov 28, 2018
As a phone repairer, I had so many many questions about phone repair issues - both hardware and software related. One of the challenges faced by many phone users is white screen display.

What makes a phone screen to display white? To answer this question, it is necessary to know how the screen works.

In a simplified way, the screen has two important parts that make it function - the main screen glasses and the illumination light. The main screen has two glasses attached to each other in a unique way that makes it hard for one to know so even when under tight observation. It carries the main information on the display. However, without a light to illuminate the screen, the display will just remain stack dark.

In order to obtain the maximum brightness, the screen is placed above a supper clean material which serves as a bed for the screen. Few white bulbs are used to light the screen up and a transparent plastic is placed above the bulb behind the screen to scatter the light from the bulb all over the screen. This makes it look like the bulbs are everywhere on the screen. It also makes it difficult for a user to tell the location of the illumination bulb in the screen.

When the screen has a little crack, it stops displaying any information because it is sensitively made. However, the illuminating white bulbs keep shining on the white background behind the screen, making the screen to display just white.

So, How Do You Fix This Problem?

The most recommendation is screen replacement, especially when the screen has a minor crack and won't display a thing but show all white. But you can still try these.

Keep your phone in a hot place to dry out any possible water. Water can prevent the screen from displaying. This happens when screen flex are bridged by water. You may need to have a repairer service the phone

Dust and other particles may cause this problem in cases of phones that use plug-in and plug-out flex. If you can get to the screen flex and clean it off diets you may be good to go.

Just restart the phone or factory reset it (hand flashing). Installation of too many high-end games and apps as well as over using the phone might stress the processor, sometimes resulting in whote screen display.

Source How To Fix White Screen On Tecno Phones

Infinix Phones Charging Problems And Solutions
Re: How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones by Ennyholar: 12:21am On Nov 30, 2018
I don't recommend self fixing of phone, when I have issues on my Tecno phone I take to Carlcare
Re: How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones by tafat: 9:47am On Dec 04, 2018
nice tips, will come in handy on my tecno device.
Re: How To Fix White Screen On Android Phones by tafat: 9:48am On Dec 04, 2018
sure thing,carl care are very reliable when it comes to fixing phones.
Ennyholar:
I don't recommend self fixing of phone, when I have issues on my Tecno phone I take to Carlcare

(1) (Reply)

Dual Sim Phones With 14pm Camera, 4000mh Battery, 4G And 64GB / Sold - Mint Samsung S9+ Up For Quick Sale. / Help, My Facebook App Disappeared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.