Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,931 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

The Need For A Science Board! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Need For A Science Board! (982 Views)

Nairaland Needs A Science Section / We Need A Science Fast / Seun - Can We Have A Science Board? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Need For A Science Board! by ow11(m): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2010
Dear Moderators,

I find it rather absurd that any discussion that is remotely connected with science gets dealt with in the religion board and pits smart scientists (atheists and theists) against one another with some added flavour from plain ignorant bible thumpers.

The Technology section has places where programmers can ask questions, The Literature place usually takes those interested in the arts BUT nothing for science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Geology, Biology etc) and to some large extent social sciences like Economics.

There needs to be a board NOT the education board that is filled with UME issues where people can ask questions and get help in science projects and possibly interact. It can be a child board in the Education section but I do feel it is necessary. . . .
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by dominique(f): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
this particular board has been requested for more than once.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-436125.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-90040.0.html

including it to general section makes a lot of sense.
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by mamagee3(f): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
I don't get the need for a science board when nairaland has the Technology Board.

There's little difference between science and technology?

So, I think the technology board would do it!
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by ow11(m): 8:55am On Jul 31, 2010
^^^

A big difference exists between Science and Technology but I do not understand why we have a Money and Business section under general, Have a sexuality child board under romance and a different section for webmasters and programmers. . . .

A science board will for example have topics about Abiogenesis, Fourier Transforms, Basin studies in Nigeria, Organic chemistry and stuff. This board is meant to be a go to area for interested students and professionals to rub minds on upcoming trends in the Science world. The Technology arm of this forum is just a big one encompassing programming, phones, computers et al.

It seems Nigerians generally despise the sciences and see it as a means to get into the University if not I don't understand why the teeming undergraduates would be stuck in the romance section asking silly questions and spam the Education section which I thought initially would generate scientific discussions with 'Please help me get admission' threads.

Now tell me something mama-gee, I want to post a thread about the different petroleum systems in the Nigerian basins; where do I put it (Politics perhaps) OR write about the Australopithecus Sabinus (Religion) or maybe the Genetic mutation affecting baby Nmachi (Religion, Politics or Family). Those science students with project difficulties can drop a line and people will help them. If I need someone to help me with solving for boundary values of wave equations, I would probably post it in the Religious section OR simply find another forum isn't it? Maybe Nairaland isn't the one-stop place to get ideas off Nigerians. . .That I thought was one of the goals of setting up this forum in the first place.
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2010
Oh dear

Not again grin
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by dominique(f): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^^ wetin naa cheesy
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by femmy2010(m): 10:28am On Aug 01, 2010
I do see reasons for the creation of a science board the general apathy to science and science related issue might make it a hard thing for the moderators to effect.
It is not just a Nl thing but a 9ja thing as our schools now lack adequate science/mathematics teachers.
We can only but hope for the best.
Happy Sunday.
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by tpia: 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
a science board is still needed o.
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2014
the current one is gone, so a new one is needed.

and, why did it disappear when it was started prior to jan 2014?

Even the new agric section is gone with the winds. Admin should take note
Re: The Need For A Science Board! by itstpiia: 11:41pm On Jun 29, 2014
the current one is gone, so a new one is needed.

and, why did it disappear when it was started prior to jan 2014?

Even the new agric section is gone with the winds. Admin should take note

(1) (Reply)

Suitable Job As A Fresh Graduate / Nasa's Uars Satellite Falls Off West Coast Of Us / Northern Nigeria Power Holding Compny.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.