Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,433 members, 7,843,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo (548 Views)

Pdp Chairman ,okwesilieze Nwodo: Removed / Pdp Chairman, Okwezilieze Nwodo, Removed / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo by marcdunu: 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
Dear Mr Nwodo,

I have followed with keen interest the debate surrounding Zoning the office of President in 2011. The commentators have so far been anything but honest, and this is for both those who argue for and those who argue against zoning.
I think I speak for every South Easterner when I say you as Chairman must at this time be wise, fair to all and strive to be an unbiased umpire. You must go about your duty with a deep sense of realisation of who you are and where you come from. The South East has underwritten Nigeria's quest for justice, equity and fairness with the blood and progress of its indigenes. This history tells me that the only permanent friends we have in Nigeria's geopolitics is the truth. So do not support any region for the sake of it against the other because when they reconcile they usually make the SouthEasterners their victim.

The latest tactics in the zoning debate is now to pass the buck for someone else to decide.
At one end of the spectrum we have the Northern Governors Forum who have recently called zoning unconstitutional but yet suggesting they encourage negotiations to continue on the issue. Well if zoning is unconstitutional may be there is nothing more to debate about it is there?

At the other end of the spectrum we have South-South Governors who are lobbying President Goodluck to run, while Goodluck continues to be his unwilling self and refuse to declare his interest.

This is a typical Nigerian scenario, they are looking for who to scape goat and you must not allow yourself to be turned into  this scapegoat. Ogbulafor made this mistake by making a pronuoncement. He was accused of being the most corrupt Nigerian since Abacha and as such removed; since his removal nobody is talking about Ogbulafor's corruption anymore because that was not what the hoopla was all about anyway.

Here is the solution

Make no further comments about zoning, do not call any meeting to discuss zoning. Let the gladiators fight the fight for themselves. Since the history of PDP in 1999 there has always been Northern candidates contesting against Southern candidates in the PDP Primaries. Abubakar Rimi ran against OBJ in 1999. Barnabas Gemade ran against Obasanjo in 2003. Rochas Okorocha ran against Yar'adua in 2007. Why cant Jonathan Goodluck run against IBB in 2011 in the same PDP Primaries.

Let the gladiators bear their own cross. If Jonathan wants the job let him declare his interest and outsmart everyone else to become the PDP nominee. If Babangida wants the job let him outmuscle everyone else and become the PDP nominee.

Please Mr Nwodo do not make any comments nor take any stance on zoning. Let the gladiators bear their own cross.

Regards from your brother Gilchrist Okoye
Re: Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo by Onlytruth(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
@OP
Thanks for your post.

The Nigerian political scenario is changing daily and becoming more tricky. Jonathan's silence is also a little disturbing because it would have helped a lot if he declared interest pronto, that way real horsetrading will begin.
Re: Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
@OP

I agree with you. Nwodo must be a dis-interested Referee.

Set clear rules and allow the history and traditions of PDP to guide you and you will never go wrong. Let all who want to be PDP Presidential Nominee fight it out.

Just stand by to declare the right and fair result when the process is over.
Re: Open Letter To Pdp Chairman - Okwesilieze Nwodo by marcdunu: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
mikeansy:

@OP

I agree with you. Nwodo must be a dis-interested Referee.

Set clear rules and allow the history and traditions of PDP to guide you and you will never go wrong. Let all who want to be PDP Presidential Nominee fight it out.

Just stand by to declare the right and fair result when the process is over.

Nwodo must be very very careful!!!! There is no need to sink with Jonathan.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Contesting? / Waiver: Group Seeks Jonathan’s Intervention For Atiku ! / Pdp Primaries: Ibb, Atiku’ll Lose – Jonathan’s Aide !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.