Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Tips For Effective Networking For Introverts. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tips For Effective Networking For Introverts. (288 Views)

Networking Mistakes You Might Be Making / How To Use Effective Networking For Career Success / 4 Bullets For Effective Monetization Of Your Talent Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips For Effective Networking For Introverts. by Theladysroom: 8:53am On Nov 29, 2018
People get nervous at the idea of networking and I think it's because somewhere at the back of our minds, we see networking as a move, some corporate or business strategy to get ahead or close a deal.
you arrived at the venue determined to give networking a shot. You have your cards and your 150-word corporate profile perfectly rehearsed. The only problem is that no one really prompted you on when to start. Do you dive in in the middle of people’s conversation? Do you start networking as soon as you get into the room? How do these things really work?

Well, here are a few suggestions.

1. Don’t try to sell!

People get nervous at the idea of networking and I think it’s because somewhere at the back of our minds, we see networking as a move, some corporate or business strategy to get ahead or close a deal. Naturally, this perception will lead to all sorts of anxieties.

“Am I saying the right thing?”

“Is this person a prospective client?”

“Am I wasting my time” and worst of all, “will I even be remembered”?

With these thoughts going through your mind, every event will feel like work. And something as social and interactive as meeting new people will easily become a chore. Read full Article <<https://theladysroom.ng/effective-networking/

(1) (Reply)

For Your Seminars, Term Paper, Project, Assignments, Visit Www.researchclue.com / (LESSON 20):-- The Value Of “reminding Yourself What To Do” (auto-suggestion) In / Accommodation Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.