Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? (4607 Views)

Get Up To 50% Discounts On Infinix Black Friday Offer Tomorrow / Get Up To 50% Discounts On Infinix Black Friday / How To Install Offline FM Radio App (Apk) On Infinix Note 5 Stylus 5 & Note 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by ruggedtimi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 29, 2018
infinix has one of the best battery phones...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Sgbate(m): 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2018
QuinDimples:

So which phone would you advise someone who is on a 40k/45k budget to go for?
umidigi one pro,A3 pro, redmi note 5 plus or 6A
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Sgbate(m): 10:07pm On Nov 29, 2018
Martinez19:
Exactly! The vanity of showing that one is superior. Had I not used infinix, I might have seen it as substandard(as people put it) but I have uses infinix and their is no sufficient need of mine that it hasn't met. Most people want iPhone not because they know it's abilities but because they want to show off. I don't buy phones for such reasons. If it's good, if it meets my needs and I can afford it, no problem.
u shuldn't still generalize on that, there are people who consider functionality ,what will u say abuh people wu buy a razer phone? How superior does d name sound, how many know it exactly here in nigeria? So if they buy it over a tecno,infinix or itel will it still mean they are looking 4 a superior name?
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Martinez19(m): 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2018
Olodo24:
this your sponsored thread sha
No. I am just making my observations grin.
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Martinez19(m): 10:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
Sgbate:

u shuldn't still generalize on that, there are people who consider functionality ,what will u say abuh people wu buy a razer phone? How superior does d name sound, how many know it exactly here in nigeria? So if they buy it over a tecno,infinix or itel will it still mean they are looking 4 a superior name?
Read that post of mine again. There was no generalisation. wink
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by mrMeen(m): 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
The crux of the matter is that an average user of smartphones will use be quite OK with the functionality of infinix, techno and the likes.

it all depends on the user and what he can afford.
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Olodo24: 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Martinez19:

What's wrong with people on this thread? grin I didn't say infinix is the best neither did I compare it to other brands, so why are people mentioning other brands and talking about infinix latest design? The crux of the issue is that infinix is not bad at all.
I'm talking for myself. I'm looking down upon them because they don't seem innovative enough. I still have an infinix hot 4 which I've been using since October 2016. I've bought more than 4 bigger phones since then but the hot 4 is still very much alive. infinix need that wow factor. hot 4 made huge sales cos it came out when finger print scanner was such a big deal we only saw on high end phones. now they need better camera, design and maybe a little bit upgraded processor.

the hot 6x was marketed as a phone that supports Glo 4G but in reality, it doesn't .
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Olodo24: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2018
Sgbate:

umidigi one pro,A3 pro, redmi note 5 plus or 6A
I don't just like the designs of those Umigidi phobes

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Olodo24: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
mrMeen:
The crux of the matter is that an average user of smartphones will use be quite OK with the functionality of infinix, techno and the likes.

it all depends on the user and what he can afford.
I've never used a tecno phone before and the hot 4 is the only infinix phone I've used and it worked so well for me even though it just serves as a side chick as I have another phone. I don't care if a brand isn't prestigious or not. I just go for what I want and can afford.

the reason I'm yet to try Elephone, ulephone, cubot, etc is because I'm not careful with phones. I've never used a phone up to a year without damaging the screen and the spare parts of those brands are not readily available in Nigeria right now
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Toluhwanie(m): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
Xtopher123:
Poor Screen Quality
Lack of Innovation
Poor Memory Management/OS Optimisation
Lack of Commitment to Software Upgrades. (They keep churning out devices forcing people to pay for OS upgrades without them knowing)
Poor Customer Service
Crappy SOCs
Too many Bloatwares

Should I go on? These things include Tecno and Itel
Please which product is okay to buy??
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Martinez19(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
Olodo24:
I'm talking for myself. I'm looking down upon them because they don't seem innovative enough. I still have an infinix hot 4 which I've been using since October 2016. I've bought more than 4 bigger phones since then but the hot 4 is still very much alive. infinix need that wow factor. hot 4 made huge sales cos it came out when finger print scanner was such a big deal we only saw on high end phones. now they need better camera, design and maybe a little bit upgraded processor.

the hot 6x was marketed as a phone that supports Glo 4G but in reality, it doesn't .
*sigh* okay, good night. grin
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Nicklaus11: 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2018
HenryDion:

Lol.. I'm flexing my camon x pro big time.. This phone is awesome mehn. Speed is superb. Having been using it for 3 months now, no issues at all.
No issues at all? Even with that joke of a battery?
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:24am On Nov 30, 2018
QuinDimples:

Go for Tecno Poivour2
Bought that phone for my younger brother and phone is cool.
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Sgbate(m): 4:46am On Nov 30, 2018
Olodo24:
I don't just like the designs of those Umigidi phobes
wow wow wow,its sounds weird to me if the design is actually what you dont like, its one of the main reason why i love the phone, seen the one pro's design or @ least A3's(that takes from the iphones)?...check out one of henry007's review videos on his post before u make ur conclusion.
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 30, 2018
Abbey2sam:

I'm a certified hardware and software engineer for both phones and computers , look; be it infinix, tecno or gionee. This phones will serve any purpose to which it is built for, but inferiority complex and showoff.

We have this mentality of I want to pass my neighbour.
People shouldn't see me using a certain brand, because its below my standard, just because people think so .

The product you mentioned above run on mtk, a free platform that enables everyone to be on social media today, because google personalised everything. So almost all apps runs on android. which is very good, because it was able to bridge some gap.

But some people will never like it, why ? Because when it was just iphone and other big brand it was them that were able to afford it, believe me they want it to remain that way.....

I can go on, but my point is this, use any type of gadget yo can afford and never be pressured

I doubt your are certified. Infinity packs cheap hardware from chips to screen, Mediatek is low quality compared to snapdragon. The phone is garbage... One of the reasons phones are expensive is boos they are premium. U saying is a Nigerian mentality shows that you know nothing about phones.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by luckyogor(m): 6:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Its a psychological problem,as for me,i grade all phones the same,no matter how strong or reliable a phone is,i dont like using it for more than two years,and seriously my people,if you are on a 150k or 200 k per month job,you gat no busines using a phone that is more than 70-80k,it is time we start appreciating transsion holdings for bringing a bit of sanity back into the phone market's and enabling almost everybody to own a device that can access the internet.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by maasoap(m): 7:33am On Nov 30, 2018
Abbey2sam:

I'm a certified hardware and software engineer for both phones and computers , look; be it infinix, tecno or gionee. This phones will serve any purpose to which it is built for, but inferiority complex and showoff.

People shouldn't see me using a certain brand, because its below my standard, just because people think so .

The product you mentioned above run on mtk, a free platform that enables everyone to be on social media today, because google personalised everything. So almost all apps runs on android. which is very good, because it was able to bridge some gap.

But some people will never like it, why ? Because when it was just iphone and other big brand it was them that were able to afford it, believe me they want it to remain that way.....

I can go on, but my point is this, use any type of gadget yo can afford and never be pressured

Thank you! thank you!! thank you!!! I'm currently using LeEco Le 2 x526. Paid 30k for it and no any issue with it at all.
Its Specs:
3GB RAM, 32GB ROM,
1.8 gigahertz processor, 5.5 inche, FHD,
real 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera,
3000mah battery with fast charging technology,
Led notification,
Snapdragon 652, OS 6.0,
Octa cores, 4G enabled,
1080*1920 resolution,
4k video recording, 401 ppi,
Type C cable (reversible).
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2018
espionagesavvy:

I doubt your are certified. Infinity packs cheap hardware from chips to screen, Mediatek is low quality compared to snapdragon. The phone is garbage... One of the reasons phones are expensive is boos they are premium. U saying is a Nigerian mentality shows that you know nothing about phones.

And you think an average nigerian cared about all the things you just mentioned? And for your information, I don't think you have any right to condemn this devices, because you're just a consumer whose country produces nothing, it might interest you to know that all this transsion devices have improved I've time.....

Yes they might be low quality, but everyone can now afford to use a smart phone

95% of people you see on social media uses this phones, not just Nigerian or Africa. Some part of Europe patronize gionee phone because it meet their standard specification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by tgmservice: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2018
Abbey2sam:

keep quiet
There is difference in quality when it comes to phones.

Transition phones are low grade 40% of phones they ship out are have factory default.
I a living witness i used tecno w3 last year and it stopped working after 6 months. When i took it to an engineer he told me many people have brought this same kind of phone to him for repairs.

That was the last time i bought a tecno phone after d previous 2 i bought packed up.
My colleague bought his wife an infinix hot 6 and the screen stopped working after a month.

Transmission phones are crap and u call urself an engineer

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2018
Martinez19:
Exactly! The vanity of showing that one is superior. Had I not used infinix, I might have seen it as substandard(as people put it) but I have uses infinix and their is no sufficient need of mine that it hasn't met. Most people want iPhone not because they know it's abilities but because they want to show off. I don't buy phones for such reasons. If it's good, if it meets my needs and I can afford it, no problem.

Iphone is not even build for countries like nigeria, most people carrying iphones upandan don't even know half of it function..
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:41am On Nov 30, 2018
tgmservice:
keep quiet
There is difference in quality when it comes to phones.

Transition[/b]phones are low grade 40% of phones they ship out are have factory default.
I a living witness i used tecno w3 last year and it stopped working after 6 months. When i took it to an engineer he told me many people have brought this same kind of phone to him for repairs.

That was the last time i bought a tecno phone after d previous 2 i bought packed up.
My colleague bought his wife an infinix hot 6 and the screen stopped working after a month.

[b]Transmission
phones are crap and u call urself an engineer

Is it transmission or transition .....what are you talking about

Why is it that an average Nigerian cannot state their view on a topic without been rude or insulting

I didn't forced my opinion on you, so why asking me to keep quiet ? Lets respect ourselves

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by flexerking(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2018
Abbey2sam:

you certified which yeye lie. you arent sh/t and you just proved it but the sh/t you typed afterwards

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Opistorincos(m): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2018
Abbey2sam:

Sir, i am a phone repairer too and i can authoritatively tell you from my own perspective that infinix and tecno phones are the crappiest devices you can come across. Don't even get me started on itel phones. These phones take up about 90% of the phones repaired in a week and the repairs range from a simple software issue to motherboard issues. These phones tend to pack up before you can fully enjoy your hard earned cash, i have three people using Tecno L9 in my family and they are all complaining now cos of massive lags and how slow the phone is. If we start dissecting how bad these phones are, we might not end this discussion by the end of the year. I'm not too sure about the phones they rolled out this year but the ones in previous years are terrible. Bonus point, they don't have a resale value.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by BeardedTraveler: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2018
QuinDimples:

Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by BeardedTraveler: 9:31am On Nov 30, 2018
Martinez19:

Get a Xiaomi device, then u might come to understand why some people detest Infinix and co. The devil is in the details

Also, u can check The Xiaomi Thread on nairaland and see what people who used to like Tecno and Infinix so much are saying after using Xiaomi

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Hotdiamond(m): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus
Seconded.
My friend bought it since April.
Till now the phone is as good as new( Both software and hardware)
It's cheaper now.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by BeardedTraveler: 9:36am On Nov 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Get an Umidigi A3, and fully understand why Infinix is crap.....

Umidigi ambassador grin
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Martinez19(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2018
Opistorincos:

Sir, i am a phone repairer too and i can authoritatively tell you from my own perspective that infinix and tecno phones are the crappiest devices you can come across. Don't even get me started on itel phones. These phones take up about 90% of the phones repaired in a week and the repairs range from a simple software issue to motherboard issues. These phones tend to pack up before you can fully enjoy your hard earned cash, i have three people using Tecno L9 in my family and they are all complaining now cos of massive lags and how slow the phone is. If we start dissecting how bad these phones are, we might not end this discussion by the end of the year. I'm not too sure about the phones they rolled out this year but the ones in previous years are terrible. Bonus point, they don't have a resale value.
I have been using an infinix brand for three years and still running. Is it that you repair those infinix phones the most because they are crap or because they are what many Nigerians can afford? Also who told you that infinix phones pack up before one can enjoy their hard earned cash? Did the customers tell you how long they have been using their infinix phones or how careful they were with their phone or you concluded that if someone brings their phone for repair then the phone is crap?

NB: I am not attacking you, so no insult. You response, if any, should employ civility. Remember the topic is on infinix brand and my argument is that infinix is not a bad phone in itself. smiley

Cc. Abbey2sam
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by BeardedTraveler: 9:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Toluhwanie:

Please which product is okay to buy??

Xiaomi and Huawei are okay. But Huawei are more expensive than Xiaomi

You can search for The Xiaomi Thread on nairaland to see things for yourself

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Martinez19(m): 9:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Get an Umidigi A3, and fully understand why Infinix is crap.....
I am not comparing any two brands. The issue here is that infinix is not a bad phone and it's good.
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by BeardedTraveler: 9:56am On Nov 30, 2018
luckyogor:
Its a psychological problem,as for me,i grade all phones the same,no matter how strong or reliable a phone is,i dont like using it for more than two years,and seriously my people,if you are on a 150k or 200 k per month job,you gat no busines using a phone that is more than 70-80k,it is time we start appreciating transsion holdings for bringing a bit of sanity back into the phone market's and enabling almost everybody to own a device that can access the internet.

Yeah, Nigerians should acknowledge Transsion for making Android more accessible. But the problem now is, that was years ago, and even the budget and low-end segment which Transsion deals in have moved away from cheap and low-spec'd devices.

Rather we now have some Chinese companies that can indeed stand out too WHILE still keeping the prices low. And what more? Some of these companies like Xiaomi and maybe Huawei (this "maybe" is cos of the price) are now among the top 10 smartphone manufacturers in the world presently.

So it's not a wonder why people are now more conscious of not just the price of the devices, but also what the device is offering in comparison to other phones in the same price range.

And Transsion isn't turning up in this regard
Re: Why Do People Look Down On Infinix? by Opistorincos(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2018
Martinez19:
I have been using an infinix brand for three years and still running. Is it that you repair those infinix phones the most because they are crap or because they are what many Nigerians can afford? Also who told you that infinix phones pack up before one can enjoy their hard earned cash? Did the customers tell you how long they have been using their infinix phones or how careful they were with their phone or you concluded that if someone brings their phone for repair then the phone is crap?

NB: I am not attacking you, so no insult. You response, if any, should employ civility. Remember the topic is on infinix brand and my argument is that infinix is not a bad phone in itself. smiley

Cc. Abbey2sam

I have used a few infinix phones myself, they didn't live up to expectations. Repair time and frustration makes customers get chatty and in the process they tend to divulge information about the time the product was bought etc. Lots of friends and associates are using these brands and majority of them have a complaint or the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DVB-H Brings Dstv To Mobile Phones. / World Top 10 Phone Rankings-june 2013 / How To Buy 5MB With Just 5naira On MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.