Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman (1290 Views)

Atiku’s Spokesman Daniel Bwala Meets President Tinubu In Paris (Picture) / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / I’m APC Member, Though I’m Atiku’s Spokesman —galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by tuniski: 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Dia mumu na die! It's unbelievable they all fell for that obvious scam! "Instant" restructure, like instant coffee! Ba? gringringrin
You sure lack Understanding of Restructuring !
Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by helinues: 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2018
tuniski:

Can't you read or is it comprehend?

Read at where.. Why not explain to us here as an Atikulated fans Or is it too complicated to talk about?
Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:58pm On Nov 29, 2018
tuniski:

You sure lack Understanding of Restructuring !

Mr Restructuring Expert, kindly tell us your version of restructuring.

Even where we are now, restructuring got us here albeit by military fiat. But in a democracy like ours, explain to us how Atiku will restructure the country within twelve months.

Kindest regards.

1 Like

Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by tuniski: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Mr Restructurngi Expert, kindly tell us your version of restructuring.

Even where we are now, restructuring got us here albeit by military fiat. But in a democracy like ours, explain to us how Atiku will restructure the country within twelve months.

Kindest regards.

The spokesman never said Atiku would Restructured. In one year but, that practical restructuring processes and steps would be taken within one year max. Is that difficult to understand or you didn't read the post or watch the programme?
Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by Grayxme: 5:48pm On Nov 29, 2018
Empty promises without a clear plan on how it will be implemented. Gullible Atiku obviously thinks Nigerians are fools. But he should know that we are wiser
Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by grandstar(m): 6:14pm On Nov 29, 2018
I'll be 100% honest I don't give a hoot about majority of his policies

Only 2 really interest me and that is he will cut company taxes to the lowest in Africa and he will merge the multiple exchange rates.

Cutting taxes alone and merging the rates will give the economy a good boost and should be able to generate fast growth of probably 8% annually.

This is faster than Jonathan's 6.7% per year average.

Buhari's has been 0.6% average and the primary culprits are the multiple and uneconomic exchange rates policy he introduced and which Atiku wants to end and go back to the pri=Buhari era of a floating exchange rate.

Some of Atiku's other policies are good such as privatisation of parts of NNPC for instance. Only problem with such policies are implementation.

That of cutting taxes and fully floating the Naira are very easy to implement

I'm however having doubts about him winning the election next year even though he has a lot on his side.

First he seems cocky and too self confident. They are recipes for disaster! In the 2010 PDP presidential primaries for instance, he was so cocksure that he'd win. He was so sure he already had everything in the bag. I was sure he won't as Jonathan was the man of the moment then.

To win therefore, he needs to go all out especially in the South west. Margin of victory is also very important to ensure an insurmountable victory.

One reason Buhari lost in the 2011 was that he didn't campaign in the Southwest. I can't remember seeing any of his posters. He might have but his campaign was very lackluster. There was no oomph to it. He too was killed by overconfidence believing he had everything in the bag having the North fanatically behind him. He was so wrong

Also Buhari isn't using the economy to highlight his "achievements" especially job losses and hardship as this will cost him big time.

Rather he is brazenly and subtly focusing on infrastructure works going on in many places These have won him the hearts of many and many even equate it with a progressing economy and use the words "He is trying" to give him their thumbs up.

The infrastructure works, the fight against Boko Haram are 2 of Buhari's strength no matter how justified. A walk over isn't therefore likely for Atiku unless he attacks those strengths.

I remember the 2004 presidential election in America. One of John Perry's strength was that he was a decorated Vietnam war veteran and was no coward like George Bush Jnr who was a draft dodger and escaped the war.

The Bush team attacked with such ruthlessness the incident in Vietnam that gave John Perry the Medal of Honor that many started casting doubt that it ever happened. They painted him as a cheat who never deserved such a lofty medal. I am sure this must have cost Perry a lot of integrity and cost him a number of votes. I chuckle when I think of it knowing that the Republican's probably believed the incident was true but every thing is game in war.

Atiku will need to attack Buhari's strengths and use them against him

Atiku is also not carrying people along. He seems not to be a man of his word to people who he feels are just in it for their own gain. He seems deep down he believes can go it alone with his real team- that is those he really needs not just those who contribute. He will simply use you and dump you.

That is part of the overconfidence I'm talking about. Like Tinubu, he is fantastically wealthy and can fund his campaign without relying financially on others. Tinubu, however takes no chances. He is a fighter through and through and carries all along guaranteeing spoils for the faithful.

To win therefore, Atiku will have to be more welcoming despite his best instincts. If APC hadn't been formed and if the party hadn't all come together behind Buhari, I'm sure he won't have stood a fighting chance and Jonathan would still be there till date.

The Southeast governors claimed he stabbed them in the back. Soon, word would go round that he is unreliable (simply because he does not serve your interest) and should not be trusted.

There's also the issue about APC's crack into PDP strong states such as Akwa Ibom by Akpabio and Ebonyi by its present. They could divide the votes and weaken victory.

Atiku without saying has that corruption issue hanging over his neck which has been his biggest minus. His economic policies are good and will help revive the economy notwithstanding. The biggest threats to any economy are poor policies and not actually corruption

Buhari despite his very clean image and incorruptible character plunged the economy into a severe recession with completely reckless exchange rate policies. Sanusi especially was unrelenting in condemning his policies. He was livid. It was like a maths teachers discovering students are being taught 1 + 1= 3. He just had to speak out.

If Buhari had left things untouched the apathy towards him today would be far more contained as a recession would have been avoided. What the economy would have faced would have been at worst a downturn but no recession. However new trend growth rates after the downturn would have been no more than 5% yearly in my opinion without much needed structural reform.

2019 is no longer a given

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by Volksfuhrer(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
tuniski:

The spokesman never said Atiku would Restructured. In one year but, that practical restructuring processes and steps would be taken within one year max. Is that difficult to understand or you didn't read the post or watch the programme?

Sweet Jesus! What a cop out!
Re: 2019: What Atiku Will Do Within One Year If Elected President – Atiku Spokesman by abefedammy: 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
to

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live: APC Presidential Campaign In Lafia, Nasarawa State Live / Dino Milaye Show Dance Moves At PDP NEC Meeting -Pics / See What Atiku Just Said About Buhari That Be Very One Is Talking About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.