Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,188 members, 7,845,899 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! (2154 Views)

Adesina And Garba Will Have Serious Challenges Defending Buhari, Says Tinubu / PDP Lacks Integrity To Query Buhari’s Certificate, Says Tinubu / "Nigerians Are Eager To Read President GEJ Thesis And Publications." —Dr. Hassan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by wales(m): 6:19am On Jul 29, 2010
Former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, on Wednesday, said that the Action Congress (AC) is working assiduously to unseat the ruling Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), come 2011 general elections.

Mr. Tinubu, one of the prominent personnel of the Action Congress, while speaking to aviation correspondents at the presidential wing of the Murtala Mohammed Airport (MMA), Lagos, on issues affecting the new voter register, declared that his party will not pardon the excesses of any political platform that tries to jeopardise the peaceful conduct of the polls.

“As for May 29, we are in a hurry to send away PDP. But if they have to still do their mosquito style of election, then we will resist. We will do everything possible to strengthen the path of democracy in this country,” he said.

Expressing his support for a new voter register, the former governor disclosed that Nigeria will only hold credible elections with the new register in place, as he describes the old register as faulty and unrealistic.

“I don’t think we can conclude that we will not have free and fair elections yet, but I agree hundred percent that we must have a fresh voters register. A new registry of voters that will produce reliable, very viable and biometrically compliant voters register that will eliminate all duplications, and all irregularities.

“This is the way to start the beginning of the next fifty years, after the first fifty years of Nigeria’s independence,” he said.

Mr. Tinubu maintained that it will be a huge disgrace should Nigeria fail to conduct smooth elections, and that the entire components of the former registry is corrupt, as he added that the former chairman of the Independent and National Electoral Commission (INEC), Maurice Iwu, reproduced the old voter register.

“It will be a shameful thing to have all the professionals and the competent and capable human resources that we have in this country if we cannot do that (peaceful elections) for our nation. Otherwise, it will be a disaster.

“There is no way they can patch up what is now on ground, for you cannot plant a mango and expect to reap corn, there is no way. Once the foundation is bad, the entire structure will collapse. So, this voter register that they think they will panelbeat is a record that is irreparable,” he said.

Explaining that the current registry is impracticable, the AC stakeholder argued that the Attahiru Jega’s administration in the electoral commission should be given the right to have a new voter register, as he further indicted the ex-boss of the commission.

“The software that associated with it (current voter register) was pirated by Iwu’s administration, let him sue me. I know the address of the Canadian company; they didn’t pay for the software licence.

“That is why it is unworkable. You can’t panelbeat this management to produce a reliable voter register, otherwise it’s garbage in garbage out, from chaos to crisis and to more catastrophic consequences,” he said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5599956-147/story.csp

Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 29, 2010
Tinubu is an infinitely worse option than PDP grin

Just take a look at the royal mess he has made of Lagos state affairs over the past 11 years.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by 9jauk: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2010
Tinubu grooms area boy:ven't said that Fashola is a brilliant Governor it could be better though;thr is young and dynamic Aspirant on PDP platform for Governorship race, hopefully if he scaled through primaries and wins d Governorship,meeeeeeeeeeen i smell change and reformation with no na my broder dey thr approach' BOG.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by jokingmary(m): 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
hmm
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Obinoscopy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2010
They are all Corrupt! All of them!!!
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by yemmight(m): 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
9jauk:

Tinubu grooms area boy:ven't said that Fashola is a brilliant Governor it could be better though;thr is young and dynamic Aspirant on PDP platform for Governorship race, hopefully if he scaled through primaries and wins d Governorship,meeeeeeeeeeen i smell change and reformation with no na my broder dey thr approach' BOG.

Which planet are you from? PDP in Lagos? Not in our own generation.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Vavavoom(m): 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2010
In a country where we don't have statistics of how many people are qualified to vote prior to election one would think these should have been settled long ago:
1. Census to determine how many we are exactly &
2. How many of that lot are qualified to vote.

The multiplier effect will be monumental.
Easy and transparent tallying of votes.
Constructive planning and common sense distribution of scarce wealth to ease weightier matters.
platform for future project scalability, learnings and reviews
Easy means of monitoring birth control( 9ja smaller than Califrornia has an estimated half the population of USA!), as well as movement within towns/villages/district,
Means of providing the much needed security as biometrics should be inclusive in the system.

Voter reregistration is good/welcomed but in this period of election will only serve the purpose of the incumbent-folks who want to win at all cost.
Data collated during census can be used as a reference to checkmate future elections if well developed.
If only the opposition would seek to fight the required battle and place their energy and wits in the right way then corruption will be gradually minimnized.
But in a country where sincerity of purpose is lacking and where class corruption is the order we we'll keep hearing the likes of Tinubu and co utter the usual words-to-appeal public conscience without any groundwork that will bring about concrete positive change in their lives.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by deb(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
yemmight:

Which planet are you from? PDP in Lagos? Not in our own generation.

My guy don't be too sure especially now that Fashola is being tagged the elitist governor repairing road and planting flowers that the elites like to have around them while chasing market women off the street without providing affordable alternatives. That is aside the various allegation that Lagos is fast becoming of both Fashola and Tinubu's turning Lagos to their private property because of the way they have both been milking the state with reckless abadon especially in the aread of taxation.
You may not know but their secret life is being revealed day by day so don't be too sure that PDP can not win lagos anytime soon there is only a little that construction of road and planting of flowers could do before human beings begin to open their eyes to reality.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by kobikwelu(m): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
speaking as if his party has a national spread,

*****hiss******

his party's influence ends on the border of lagos state!!!!!!!
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by maxtop(m): 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2010
I RESERVE MY COMMENT !!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
deb:

My guy don't be too sure especially now that Fashola is being tagged the elitist governor repairing road and planting flowers that the elites like to have around them while chasing market women off the street without providing affordable alternatives. That is aside the various allegation that Lagos is fast becoming of both Fashola and Tinubu's turning Lagos to their private property because of the way they have both been milking the state with reckless abadon especially in the aread of taxation.
You may not know but their secret life is being revealed day by day so don't be too sure that PDP can not win lagos anytime soon there is only a little that construction of road and planting of flowers could do before human beings begin to open their eyes to reality.
You're quite right PDP can get Lagos in a free & fair election if they present someone credible. Someone in the mould of Funsho Williams, God bless his soul. Or a Fashola untethered from Tinubu's malign influences.

What people don't know is that Lagos AC under Tinubu & his cohorts are arguably the biggest riggers of election in this country today, but with their army of motor-park thugs & never-do-wells, even OBJ had his hands full trying to beat them at their own game. The FG should pay honest attention to Lagos securitywise, starting from now, if they intend to have fair elections next year, else the threat of widespread violence in such an extremely volatile environment will hamstring them come election time.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by tolu001: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
^^^^^ why dont you just keep quite, is there anything like free and fair election in Nigeria after the MKO' election?
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by adamawa: 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2010
ZIDDY & CO.

Keep shut if you don't know what to say . We know good from Bad. PDP in Lagos God forbid bad thing. Check out the achievement of AC to PDP controlled States.If Fashola has offended you and your family let us know

Stop castigating TINUBU, FASHOLA and AC. Oyinlola of PDP ruled Lagos, we are leaving testimony to his achievement. Lookt at you FG should pay attention to Lagos state to have free and fair election.Imagine
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by blink(f): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
Why cant people be sincere to say the truth about what they see or ear. If because fashola demolish my building that is blocking the channel of canal or send my mother away from the road of oshodi market then i will not vote him come 2011. i bet you other people that there % is more than those displaced or affected will vote him. Pdp no vacancy in Lagos
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by volasunkan: 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
we are waiting for all of u @ d polls.we will,like we did last time,register,vote and PROTECT OUR VOTES!Last election gubernatorial election result on my street was AC (FASHOLA)181,DPA(JIMI AGBAJE) 42,PDP (KORO) 23.
I know people expect tinubu to be a saint.I was nt looking for a saint wen i voted him in 1999,2003 and fashola 2007,I voted a visionary smart,hardworking and flamboyant(eko 4 show big tyme lagos boy) who surrounded himself with a retinue of the smartest youngmen such as fashola,tunji bello,aregbe,muiz banire,dina of blessed memory etc.imagine running a state with ur allocations withheld by a theiving pdp central govt and could still inspire support of lagosians!
If u raise a thread to fight tinubu,i will tell d world the truth about tinubu that was my govnor 1999-2007.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by xammy(m): 2:13am On Jul 30, 2010
[size=8pt]FASHOLA vs who?[/size]

Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2010
adamawa:

ZIDDY & CO.

Keep shut if you don't know what to say . We know good from Bad. PDP in Lagos God forbid bad thing. Check out the achievement of AC to PDP controlled States.If Fashola has offended you and your family let us know

Stop castigating TINUBU, FASHOLA and AC. Oyinlola of PDP ruled Lagos, we are leaving testimony to his achievement. Lookt at you FG should pay attention to Lagos state to have free and fair election.Imagine

listen to this fo.ol spewing liquid sh.it from his mouth. how did a simple discussion about politics affect your worthless family? Omo Ale.

Even if PDP does not rig election in Lagos AC will. As if we don't all know.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2010
Pray tell,what's the difference between the corrupt PDP leaders and Tinubu,the former governor of Lagos is the grand crook himself,so pleeeeeeease
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by naso2(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2010
adamawa:

ZIDDY & CO.

What nonsense are you talking about? People castigating tinubu are not all PDP members, but the truth is , Tinubu is even worse in criminality than a lot of PDP thieves we know.

So Sulivan chime of Enugu state and Ameachi rotimi that are doing well are AC governors too?

I still dont understand how oyinlola came into this thread. Marwa achieved much more in his few years in lagos than your tinubu that spent 8 years.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Ltrust(m): 10:05am On Jul 30, 2010
PDP has ruled us many years and left us in the state we crying of. Can't we now switch to experiment another option. AC will be better . let them give us a youthful and a visionary leader.

Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by DrKitaun(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2010
Ediots yap in trillions . . .

Funsho Williams could have won on AD platform, but NEVER on PDP platform . . .all you pre-Abiola elections toddlers should note that.

I am in the very know of Lagos politics, I rapport with AC leaders, thank God for anonymity on d www.

Fashola and myself share the same great-grandfather so I know certain things.

AC unfortunately doesnt have the might to battle PDP now, but WE MUST, LIKE ACTIVISTS MAKE OUR IMPACT FELT TILL WE GET THERE !

For those arguing whether Tinubu is corrupt or not, show ur saintly hands to prove urself clean !

I am not defending him (Tinubu), he has done a lot of damage but in politicking who is saintly ?
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by olafolarin(m): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2010
Can you people tell me what you have against Tinubu?It better not be those over-flogged Chicago certificate issue.
Tinubu is grooming the best of the best progressives in SW Nigeria right now and he deserves the praise for laying a solid foundation for Fashola.He eS one of the best despite OBJ withholding his constitutional LG allocations for years.
Under free and fair elections, PDP will never win any election in Yorubaland.
Oyinlola and Raji Rasaki were both former governor in Lags state and what did they achieve?
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by kilakhan(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2010
Tinubu has nothing to offer. He just wants to be seen as the kingpin of AC and when it suits him he will negotiate and join PDP. Its a question of time.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by truly: 5:42am On Aug 02, 2010
How can one compare Tinubu to PDP - the cradle of corruption
Look at the people Tinubu served with - Daniel, Agagu, Ladoja/Akala
Chimaroke Nnamani, Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion, Odili
The Fed allocation when these people served was much lower than what governors are sharing now
Even then, Obj witheld federal allocation from Tinubu on account of his creation of additional LGs
So it is statistically wrong to compare Chime and Amaechi to Tinubu in terms of resources
Notwithstanding I live in Lagos, let us name the projects done by these people

BTW Amaechi was one of those who advised Johnathan to send footbal into the wilderness for 2 years
while Dophins players had not reciced salary for 6 months
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Aug 02, 2010
truly:

Look at the people [size=13pt] Tinubu served with - Daniel, Agagu, Ladoja/Akala
Chimaroke Nnamani, Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion, Odili[/size]

The Fed allocation when these people served was much lower than what governors are sharing now
Even then, Obj witheld federal allocation from Tinubu on account of his creation of additional LGs
So it is statistically wrong to compare Chime and Amaechi to Tinubu in terms of resources

BTW Amaechi was one of those who advised Johnathan to send footbal into the wilderness for 2 years

And we know how those "LIMITED" allocations where spent then toO!!!

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by olafolarin(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2010
truly:

Look at the people Tinubu served with - Daniel, Agagu, Ladoja/Akala
Chimaroke Nnamani, Ibori, Lucky Igbinedion, Odili

Despite running Lagos with only IGR,Tinubu led the pack among the 1999-2007 governors including the oil-rich Niger-Delta governors.He did so well to the chagrin of his detractors and it was on his goodwill Fashola rode to become governor.
oBJ used all Federal might. Against Tinubu but fell short of it.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by CGKing(m): 5:18pm On Aug 03, 2010
Pls send PDP away for us jare. And wen u finish, u too get lost!

Fashola pls o, this is not a time to gentle manliness. Enter them. Enter the game. Enter the dragon.
Re: We Are Eager To Send Pdp Away, Says Tinubu ! by rasputinn(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2010
CGKing:

Pls send PDP away for us jare. And wen u finish, u too get lost!

Fashola pls o, this is not a time to gentle manliness. Enter them. Enter the game. Enter the dragon.

MINT
Beautifully crafted

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala: Home Gal Setting The World Economic Agenda / Is Nigeria Better Off Split? / Governor Of Kaduna Yakowa, Former NSA Azazi Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.