Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence (778 Views)

China Executes 2 Politicians For Taking Bribe (video) / N. Korea Mum Faces Jail For Saving Her Kids From Fire Instead Of Kim's Portrait / Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence ON Novem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by gen2briz(m): 7:33pm On Nov 29, 2018
The governor of Rio de Janeiro, Luiz Fernando Pezao, was arrested on Thursday over allegations he received bribes as part of the sprawling “Car Wash” graft probe, according to Brazilian media.

The Globo News television channel showed live footage of federal police at the residence of the governor, who remains in his home in custody.

Pezao is accused of taking bribes when he was vice governor under Sergio Cabral, who is currently in prison.

The police also raided the Guanabara Palace, headquarters of Rio de Janeiro’s government, searching for documents.

The Superior Court of Justice issued the arrest warrant based on the confession of Carlos Miranda, a former Cabral associate, who cooperated in exchange for a sentence reduction.

According to Miranda’s testimony Pezao would have received a monthly payment of 150,000 reais ($40,000) as well as end-of-the-year bonuses of up to one million reais.

The money would have been paid by companies and intermediaries bound by contracts with the Rio de Janeiro government during a period from 2007 to 2014.

The state of Rio de Janeiro is on the verge of bankruptcy and plagued by insecurity.

Wilson Witzel was elected in October to govern the state and is set to take office January 1.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/bribe-taking-governor-arrested-faces-jail-sentence/amp/

Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by gen2briz(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
Ganduje oooooo
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by FarahAideed: 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
But here Gandollars is still being hailed by the president
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by Racoon(m): 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2018
Guess the shameless APC government/Ganduje can see what really anti-corruption war is all about?
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by joshjc(m): 7:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
ganduje can not be persecuted now, Cru of the immunity for governors provided by the constitution
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 29, 2018
Racoon:
Guess the shameless APC government/Ganduje can see what really anti-corruption war is all about?
Racoon, even you know that this is impossible in Nigeria now because he's a governor and the law empowers them to have immunity, don't be bitter with everything.

If after his tenure nothing happens, then u can complain and I'll join you and every other person chanting crucifixion but not now.

Don't let partisan politics to destroy your level of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by Youngbbt: 8:05pm On Nov 29, 2018
Apc and Efcc
see better government
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
kingkakaone:

Racoon, even you know that this is impossible in Nigeria now because he's a governor and the law empowers them to have immunity, don't be bitter with everything.

If after his tenure nothing happens, then u can complain and I'll join you and every other person chanting crucifixion but not now.

Don't let partisan politics to destroy your level of reasoning.
Somebody praise the Lord, Kingkakone just found his long lost voice because APC, Buhari is involved; I guess you were treating acute catarrh and eye cataract when EFCC froze Fayose's account?
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
This is a country where insecticides is been on corrupt politicians not what we have here.

Shame on Buhari, the accomodator of corrupt folks
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by LibertyRep: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2018
At this stage, I guess it will be expedient for us to do away with this contentious immunity enjoyed by the governors.

Remove the immunity and see the governors sit tight.
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:
Somebody praise the Lord, Kingkakone just found his long lost voice because APC, Buhari is involved; I guess you were treating acute catarrh and eye cataract when EFCC froze Fayose's account?
Lolsssss... brother I'm not for APC or PDP, if u doubt go and check my posts to find out.

Back to the post, I'm not for Ganduje, what I'm saying is that there's no way he can face the law since there's immunity but afterwards I'll be glad when he's sent to jail. Even Fayose was never touched all through his tenure because of the immunity too.
However, Ganduje's account being frozen will be a good way to start. At least what is done to Fayose should be done to this him.
Re: Bribe-taking: Governor Arrested, Faces Jail Sentence by Originality007: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Trump’s Impeachment Hearing / 2023: We Don't Want A President Like Paul Biya Of Cameroon / No Ukrainian Soldier Has Died Since This War Isnt That Wonderful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.