Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos (26430 Views)

Before And After Pictures Of Ebute-Metta Train Station / Pictures From The Ebute Metta Rail Station / What Ebute Metta Looks Like In 2020 (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by towyeenbell2: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
seguno2:

Buhari’s legacy is to make everything lifeless just like himself.
That was how he killed the railways in the 1980s and cancelled Jakande’s metro project.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019.
you are a real ode
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by seguno2: 6:59am On Nov 30, 2018
PlayerMeji:
Is God no longer a merciful being?

Are the Americans or Europeans good relatively?

Merciful to bless the work of the people? Yes.
Faith without works is dead.

Yes. Relatively good.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by seguno2: 7:01am On Nov 30, 2018
towyeenbell2:
you are a real ode

You must be looking for others to join your ode group.
Sorry I cannot join because I am not interested.
Thanks for the offer. grin
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by vioment: 7:06am On Nov 30, 2018
The most foolish country I know as of before and now.

Smart individuals but no united focus on anything outside of stealing, killing, robbery, raping, making empty vessel noise, and all other evils.

Better countries juju is in the like of superman, batman, avengers, etc; Our own juju is just out for intimidation, control, and all kinds of hate.

We are the problem nigeria is having. Everybody wan put their nose for air act like say dem no dey.

I have asked this question before, and I will ask again.

Name "one thing" that is for a community or the nation, that works properly in Nigeria. Feel free to pick out any sector.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2018
olujastro:
Na real wa.
Maintenance is a big problem in Nigeria and this is easily traced to lack of continuity, especially when there is a change in govt. Rivers state is a clear example. All the nice, beautiful schools, health centres that Amaechi built in Rivers state now look like dungeons after power changed hands. In addition, the rivers monorail was abandoned by Wike after billions had gone into its construction.

Nigerians should be wary of changing govts anyhow as most of our politicians are filled with political vendetta, coming in to cancel or abandon what their political rivals started. They first need to learn how not to mix politics with development.

Regarding the rail and its facilities, the Chinese I believe will run and maintain it for a year just like the Abuja rail while training Nigerians to hand over to. Hopefully we get this right.

Every Government has their own plan when they come into Government, what some see as works of past Government is nothing but an Avenue to steal. Hence, when people clamor for these things from private investors it is because private investors will do better than Government. Dangote will rather sell one plant if he’s unable to run it, than waste his money trying to find fix it. No Private investor will sit back and let his investment go to waste. Only Government does that, and they do because the money (loan/capital) will not be repaid by them when they leave office.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by SEGLIZ: 7:22am On Nov 30, 2018
what is happening here? if no this, one of this auto reporters did something about the new lagos-ibadan-kano rail line of which the lagos-ibadan is undergoing construction.
we wait than we've done to see the results I want to believe work here might be minor compare to where are carrying out there activities presently.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2018
Who we offend in Africa is very wicked for not forgiving us our sin undecided
Why is Africa different?
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by SEGLIZ: 7:45am On Nov 30, 2018
vioment:
The most foolish country I know as of before and now.

Smart individuals but no united focus on anything outside of stealing, killing, robbery, raping, making empty vessel noise, and all other evils.

Better countries juju is in the like of superman, batman, avengers, etc; Our own juju is just out for intimidation, control, and all kinds of hate.

We are the problem nigeria is having. Everybody wan put their nose for air act like say dem no dey.

I have asked this question before, and I will ask again.

Name "one thing" that is for a community or the nation, that works properly in Nigeria. Feel free to pick out any sector.

I can feel your anger towards situations in this country but I wish to correct something, which is your use of word "foolish country." the land is not foolish but the useless set of people we have in the land. I love the way you generalised "We are the problem nigeria is having. Everybody wan put their nose for air act like say dem no dey." a good number of people don't believe they are contributing negatively one way or the order to the challenges of the nation, especially the refurbished buharist atikulated trailer supporters.
I love people that come out to hit the nail on the nob like you have done being objective and factual.

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by 77up(m): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2018
God 'll judge all our past leader in this country.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by officialfysh(m): 7:57am On Nov 30, 2018
KingKingKing:
It shall never be well with PDP and Jonathan for destroying this country Nigeria!

Atiku is bastard!
Receive Sense
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Biingoo: 8:48am On Nov 30, 2018
olajizz01:
Let us assume that the military negleted it,PDP spent 16yrs in power without even do anything about it,you are shouting BBC now,instead of you to direct your submission to all govt since 99 till date,we are doom in this country,

when Atiku want to sell NNPC,he shouldn't forget to sell our brainless youths as well.
Zombie!
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Soulsymbol99: 8:49am On Nov 30, 2018
Actually all these places are useful 2 clarance peters 2 shoot videos grin
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by vioment: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I can feel your anger towards situations in this country but I wish to correct something, which is your use of word "foolish country." the land is not foolish but the useless set of people we have in the land. I love the way you generalised "We are the problem nigeria is having. Everybody wan put their nose for air act like say dem no dey." a good number of people don't believe they are contributing negatively one way or the order to the challenges of the nation, especially the refurbished buharist atikulated trailer supporters.
I love people that come out to hit the nail on the nob like you have done being objective and factual.

Thanks for seeing things balanced and square about Nigeria.

Do you know that naija well wishers are endangered people in nigeria?

Am talking about how any good intention not to talk about news(coming or ongoing) for naija dey cause serious alarm for hell, so devil dey hurry alert im agents wey dey on ground for naija; and them plenty eh, na dem be majority for nigeria: -
All the polithieficians(not politicians which is good) and their supporters;

All the intimidators in regards to power issues and tussles;

All the cultist for campuses wey no dey gree students jejely come school and have fun while at it, instead dem dey prepare and mark students for the beast ways of life;

All the rapist and currently juju people money magic;

All the corrupt civil servants .

It is rare, no love for a country(which is true for most of west africa, but naija hold him side well) that has so much resources for itself and others if they need it. A lion that gave birth to sheeps - Nigeria, africa; A sheep that gave birth to a lion, tiger, and liger - japan, singapore, malay, finland, iceland, yankee, jand, aussie, etc.

We no dey try enough as nigerians at all.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by poweredcom(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2018
SO UNA STILL REMEMBER DIS RAIL WAY YARD

DIS IS USELESS NOW COMPARED TO COMON KANYA RAILWAY SYSTEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOyrwiyuvQU
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Benjamin08: 9:54am On Nov 30, 2018
1975: GIANT OF AFRICA
2016: ANT OF AFRICA

CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by SEGLIZ: 10:04am On Nov 30, 2018
vioment:

Thanks for seeing things balanced and square about Nigeria.

Do you know that naija well wishers are endangered people in nigeria?

Am talking about how any good intention not to talk about news(coming or ongoing) for naija dey cause serious alarm for hell, so devil dey hurry alert im agents wey dey on ground for naija; and them plenty eh, na dem be majority for nigeria: -
All the polithieficians(not politicians which is good) and their supporters;

All the intimidators in regards to power issues and tussles;

All the cultist for campuses wey no dey gree students jejely come school and have fun while at it, instead dem dey prepare and mark students for the beast ways of life;

All the rapist and currently juju people money magic;

All the corrupt civil servants .

It is rare, no love for a country(which is true for most of west africa, but naija hold him side well) that has so much resources for itself and others if they need it. A lion that gave birth to sheeps - Nigeria, africa; A sheep that gave birth to a lion, tiger, and liger - japan, singapore, malay, finland, iceland, yankee, jand, aussie, etc.

We no dey try enough as nigerians at all.

a one time the Lion and Eagle of the tribe of Africa now turn a dog with its tail between it's legs, a hen waiting for crumbs.
Nigeria wey be say before if we breath the whole world dey shake con turn Nigeria wey roar even the dust wey around ham no even feel ham, my brother the thing tire me.
still our people no wan know say na dem dey carry power give their oppressors. if fact our foolishness na HD with hybrid backup.
we wey be say as the we collect independence and know civilisation the entire Asian continent still dey backward but today dem dey fly, we still dey where we wan go learn how to crawl.
so disheartening.

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by rapid101(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
To me d only way dis rail sector ll function to it full potential is to be privatised
Were by govt makes d rules guarding it tru ppp, taxes imposed nd generate revenue for d govt
Nd see how it ll flourish
For ever
Jst like de did to d telecommunication
Sector.

All other part of d world it a ppp stuff in d transport system from rail,water,air nd road

Were by every body is making money

God bless naija
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by liyahwillie(f): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
ROTIMI CHIBUIKE AMEACHI.....
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by olajizz01(m): 1:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biingoo:
Zombie!
Sorry,I didn't know that you are Atiku Bingoo,when ever he wanted to sell your common wealth, he shouldn't leaves you behind because you are brainless and one of the state problem.

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Biingoo: 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
olajizz01:
Sorry,I didn't know that you are Atiku Bingoo,when ever he wanted to sell your common wealth, he shouldn't leaves you behind because you are brainless and one of the state problem.
Zombie! For how long will you keep disgracing your family for 30k stipend?
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by olajizz01(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biingoo:
Zombie! For how long will you keep disgracing your family for 30k stipend?
stale, biafrau.d.

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Biingoo: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
olajizz01:
stale, biafrau.d.
You were told your hero was chased outta his office by rats and you believed..... Are you not worst than a zombie?
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by olajizz01(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biingoo:
You were told your hero was chased outta his office by rats and you believed..... Are you not worst than a zombie?
Hausa/Fulani bingoo,I don't have your time,OK.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by Biingoo: 1:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
olajizz01:
Hausa/Fulani bingoo,I don't have your time,OK.
Dey mumu yourself because of 30k. Shameless zombie?!
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by vioment: 7:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
SEGLIZ:

a one time the Lion and Eagle of the tribe of Africa now turn a dog with its tail between it's legs, a hen waiting for crumbs.
Nigeria wey be say before if we breath the whole world dey shake con turn Nigeria wey roar even the dust wey around ham no even feel ham, my brother the thing tire me.
still our people no wan know say na dem dey carry power give their oppressors. if fact our foolishness na HD with hybrid backup.
we wey be say as the we collect independence and know civilisation the entire Asian continent still dey backward but today dem dey fl, we still dey where we wan go learn how to crawl.
so disheartening.

Choi. Omo u just describe the current nigeria finish, dog wey hide tail in between legs; hen waiting for crumbs. chai. chairman u sabi naija well.

In other ways, nigeria is a sheep in wolf's clothing.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by SEGLIZ: 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
vioment:

Choi. Omo u just describe the current nigeria finish, dog wey hide tail in between legs; hen waiting for crumbs. chai. chairman u sabi naija well.

In other ways, nigeria is a sheep in wolf's clothing.

I no fit laugh alone. Yoruba say wetin pass make you take cry, na laugh you go take laugh o.

Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by vioment: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
SEGLIZ:

I no fit laugh alone. Yoruba say wetin pass make you take cry, na laugh you go take laugh o.

That na real healing quote, my life go incorporate am.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by jagbajantus: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
These photos tell a story all by themselves. They capture vividly the state of Nigeria's dilapidated infrastructure - a crucial but yet terribly under-served aspect of Nigeria's history - one which is laden with waste, inadequate planning, lack of vision and creativity, lack of maintenance, corruption, mismanagement and several missed opportunities.

Very good effort by AutoReportNG to report on what some of us consider very important but often under-reported Nigerian matters. I am always amazed how millions of Nigerians on Nairaland and many blogs and other social media spend most of their time online mainly discussing lame stories about idle celebrity gossips, parties and other vanities but spend very little time discussing those stories that should be more important to Nigerians such as developing Nigeria's infrastructure, business, growing the economy or just plain discussing and debating responsible politics, responsible citizenship and good governance in general. This is one big reason why Nigeria is always playing catch-up from behind. Nigerians need to change their priorities, their attitude and their mind-set in order to move ahead or catch up with the world.

And next time, can your reporter/photographer please try to capture any interviews from any workers or personnel on the site and from people who had either worked there in the past and persons who have done any kind of business with that train station in the past. Also maybe a perspective or two from the neighbors and those who live within a close proximity to the train yard, will give us some added insight. This includes independent observers and critics alike. Thanks for sharing.
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by AutoReportNG: 9:30am On Dec 02, 2018
jagbajantus:
These photos tell a story all by themselves. They capture vividly the state of Nigeria's dilapidated infrastructure - a crucial but yet terribly under-served aspect of Nigeria's history - one which is laden with waste, inadequate planning, lack of vision and creativity, lack of maintenance, corruption, mismanagement and several missed opportunities.

Very good effort by AutoReportNG to report on what some of us consider very important but often under-reported Nigerian matters. I am always amazed how millions of Nigerians on Nairaland and many blogs and other social media spend most of their time online mainly discussing lame stories about idle celebrity gossips, parties and other vanities but spend very little time discussing those stories that should be more important to Nigerians such as developing Nigeria's infrastructure, business, growing the economy or just plain discussing and debating responsible politics, responsible citizenship and good governance in general. This is one big reason why Nigeria is always playing catch-up from behind. Nigerians need to change their priorities, their attitude and their mind-set in order to move ahead or catch up with the world.

And next time, can your reporter/photographer please try to capture any interviews from any workers or personnel on the site and from people who had either worked there in the past and persons who have done any kind of business with that train station in the past. Also maybe a perspective or two from the neighbors and those who live within a close proximity to the train yard, will give us some added insight. This includes independent observers and critics alike. Thanks for sharing.

Noted Sir...

Thanks for the input!!
Re: See The Rot At The Lagos, Ebute-Metta Railway Station - Photos by TalkWiDTech(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
Finally the wait is going to over, after all the fake reports now finally the official announcement comes about the releasing date of "Avengers 4 Trailer". So here i am sharing a source and that help you to know about the official date of "Avengers 4 Trailer"...

Source - https://www.talkwidtech.com/avengers-4-trailer-releasing-date/

NRC Begins Free Train Rides From Aladja-Warri To Itakpe-Abuja / Update On Second Niger Bridge: Only 4km Approach Road From Asaba Left / Two Children From Same Parents Crushed To Death By Reckless Driver In Ogun (Pic)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73