Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

4 Steps To Memorize Anything. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Steps To Memorize Anything. (326 Views)

Easy Way To Memorize The 20 Elements In Chemistry / The Best Time To Study & Memorize Using MySchool Gist Formula / Steps To Check Your Matric Number On JAMB Matriculation List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Steps To Memorize Anything. by Eazybay(m): 6:34am On Nov 30, 2018
Have you ever wondered why we play songs in our car stereo and listen to them over and over, and in the process, we memorize all the lyrics without putting efforts towards them? Basically what happens is that your brain retains a bit of anything and everything you go through in each attempt. With each repetition, your brain will have to struggle less to remember the same thing it already remembers, and will retain a bit more. A point comes when there is no more left to be memorized. This is how we remember the lyrics of a lot of songs in our minds.

Now, here's how to do it with books.

1. Write the same thing down a few times. You would realize that when you think you know it, and when you start writing it, you would find an anomaly. That is, you would begin forgetting things when you attempt writing them down. This is simply because when we think we know and remember something, we are only living in a false belief. I tried and tested this method, and often found that as soon as I started writing the thing, I would figure out that I had not actually memorized it and I had to check the book again.

2. Write your notes in various colors. Humans are good at remembering things better when there are more colors. Think for example about two pictures of a mango and an apple. Now if I draw them on a white paper in black ink, and ask you a question ~ which fruits did I just show you? If they are black and white pictures, you would remember less. If they are colored you would remember better, because that is how you are used to seeing them. Same way, if you use multiple colors when you write notes, it would help you retain them better. Personally, I use a highlighter pen, red pen and a black/blue pen.

3. Tell the theory or the subject to a friend. This is a great way to repeat the topic. First you are retaining it, and coming up with the best method of reciting it, but also you are helping a friend

4. Listen to those things from others. Watch your friends discuss, watch YouTube videos and join study group.

The power of repetition cannot be forgotten. To inspire with a story ~ a doctor was treating a patient, who had lost the memory completely, so much so that the patient had forgotten a lot of things about himself, and things at his home. The doctor gave him a toothbrush and paste applied to it. The patient demonstrated to the doctor how to brush the teeth. Why had he not forgotten how to brush? Just because he had repeated it so many times in his life, that he did not have to think about.

All you have to do is REPEAT.

PS: Register For The 2019 edition of the Campus Metro National Bee and win 1,000,000. Click here to register: www.metrobee.com.ng
Strictly for students of Nigerian Higher Institutions (Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education).
Study materials are available on the website. All questions will come from the study materials.
Registration is 1,000 naira only. Deadline for registration is Dec 20 2018.
For further Inquiries call: 07069799055

PPS: You'll also get a referral link. So for every friend you invite, you'll get 500naira INSTANTLY!

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update Day 30: FG Decide On “no Work, No Pay”, / JAMB Begins Sales Of 2019 UTME Forms January 10 / What Chemical Engineers Do And Their Career Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.