Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Airconditioner Professionals, Please Help!!! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Airconditioner Professionals, Please Help!!! (455 Views)

For Sale: Used 1.5HP Split Unit LG Airconditioner ( Photos) / Cheap Airconditioner Sets: Alabaconnect / Used 2 HP LG Industrial Airconditioner 170k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Airconditioner Professionals, Please Help!!! by VIsomebody: 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for checking. I would like to get ideas from you guys.

I am planning to move in a new apartment and want to get a split Airconditioner. Knowing the matter of prepaid meter and power hugging appliances like A/C. After reading so much about the LG GenCOOL Dual Inverter Split unit and also watched so many practical reviews, i have decided not to get anything else.

HELP 1
This morning, i called a friend who is an A/C engineer to inform him of my plan and he said he wont advise me to. I was surprised and asked why?

He claimed tho the LG GenCOOL looks good with its features but that there is a "Panel" which makes the AC pull 110V instead of 220V and that if the panel happens to be faulty, its difficult to fix or likely not-fixable which they would have to convert the AC direct to 220 which "in his own words" doesnt sound reasonable.

HELP 2
I then told him the reason why i wanted the GenCOOL, which he knows its because of the Prepaid meter billing system. So i asked him if using the normal (Non-GenCOOL) AC wont amount to financial suicide. He then asked why would i want to put AC on Prepaid Meter and said i should just tell my electrician to connect it directly to the feeder pole, i laughed and asked how then would i be charged for that usage and i cant afford the defaulting fee? He said its not illegal and its what they do very well, he even said i can ask a "NEPA" official to connect it for me.

So, my AC / NEPA ogas, help me oooo. How do i do?

Thank you.
Re: Airconditioner Professionals, Please Help!!! by slimmoney(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Make sure u keep 53k aside for penalty after doing that illegal connection.

(1) (Reply)

Acer Nitro 5 Core I5 8 Gen, Gtx 1050ti, 256 Gb SSD #Sold / ... / Neat Iphone 8 256 Gb For 135k Sharp !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.