Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential (50429 Views)

Festus Keyamo Posts Snapshot Of Tinubu's American Visa / Igboho Is A Businessman Not A Terrorist, Lawyer Replies FG / How Atiku Secured American Visa – Buhari Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Maxymilliano(m): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
APC and bad belle politics ...

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by socialmediaman: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by DoyenExchange: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Of course!
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by yomalex(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hmm
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by nelronaldo(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ok
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by titusenes: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Apc= wayo

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by bizhop01: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thickcok01:
I need a woman for marriage

Buhari wife is available, go and make her happy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by NiajaXionist: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
FG should keep mute. Obasanjo is a devil, I'm sure he'll set him a trap so if he goes they will nab the rat grin

1 Like

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nbote:
But why is d govt and APC interested in whether d US issues him visa or not? I thought dey dared him to go to America so if Atiku is seeking visa from d US how is it d APCs business? Instead of focusing on Issue based campaigns, dey'll rather indulge in smear campaign and calumny...

Not Government but a Journalist who need to get Money for a well Job done for his Company

1 Like

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by ofuonyebi: 6:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
This answer is belated....the reason of America BAN on Atiku....has been published by the same US embassy many years ago..

even when new visa is issued or BAN to enter America lifted ....this does not change the history...

1 Like

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Abfinest007(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
addin salt to injury
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by papiwyte(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku is begging US embassy for visa grin grin grin grin grin grin
Shame on pdp

For me... Am on d next level

1 Like

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by IjebuWarrior: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
Thickcok01:
I need a woman for marriage

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Larryslim(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
If APC had performed at least above 55% of all they said they'd do in 2015,I'm sure next year presidential elections would have been a walkover for buhari tbvh,but I can proudly say it that this administration didn't even do above 10% of all they promised to do,they singlehandedly threw PDP back into the race,now they don't have any thing to campaign on,instead they have been blaming,blaming and talking about Atiku travelling to USA,like it concerns them at all..
This administration is not strategic at all,they acted like they won't contest next year at all,no sense at all..
Anyways,Atiku carry go!
MY PRESIDO!!

5 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by AngelicBeing: 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
sad
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by BruncleZuma: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by emmykey0128(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
I think they should not allow trump to have a second wife,what is the business of fg if okocha decided to come out if retirement? This APC government are just too slow to act,how can they just he telling us that yar adua is dead ,I weep for my country

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by almarthins(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ecstasy154:
The Public Affairs Officer (PAO) of the United States of America consulate in Lagos, Mr. Brussel Brooks on Friday, said issuance of visa to Nigerians irrespective of their social standing is strictly a confidential matter.

He said US Government will not discuss such confidentiality in public.

Brooks spoke while fielding questions from journalists after an Education Forum, held at the Distance Learning Center, University of Ibadan.

The PAO was apparently reacting to the controversies surrounding the US visa status of former vice president of Nigeria and the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 general elections, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The programme, entitled: ‘Teaching Resources: Availability, Applicability and Appropriateness,’ was organised by Fulbright Language Scholars’ Association under the leadership of Miss Tolu Akinwole, who said the association, being funded by the United States Consulate, has trained a total of 350 teachers in Oyo and Ondo States in 2018 with a view to igniting vibrant teachers and provide solutions to observed “inability of students to apply lessons they learn in classrooms to everyday life.”

According to Brooks, the case of Atiku’s US visa status has been an issue in the papers for sometime, but ” the position of the US Mission has remained the same throughout any discussion of this issue, that visas are a confidential matter.

“We don’t discuss individual visa’s status of any person, whether it be a highly rated official, a presidential candidate or an average citizen.

“Anyone who applies for a visa should know that there will be some records that are confidential. It is classified as private document by the United States Government, and we never discuss them now public.”

Brooks, who enjoined candidates at all levels, especially presidential, governorship and National Assembly, to focus on issue-based campaigns and avoid distractions, also advised Nigerians to ask candidates at all levels the plan they have to improve education.

“Often times unfortunately, campaigns are full of distractions, things that are not that important to the lives and welfare of average Nigerians, especially the children that are with us today. What is important for them is to give them the opportunities to serve in order to thrive in today’s world.

“This means they need a good education. The school should be improved. When I heard the letter from the students describing their lack of books and dearth of desks in their school. This is very disheartening. There are things that should be corrected.

“I will also encourage parents and voters to ask the candidates what they plan to do to improve education. I think issue-based campaigns will be beneficial to all Nigerians,”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/us-consulate-replies-fg-says-atikus-american-visa-status-is-confidential.html

We know American govt dem sabi play games with third world countries. No be so dem play Jonathan and we all know how it ended.

Confidential my foot!
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Us emabssy is stylishly and obidiently atikulating

3 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Denikayan: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
SocialJustice:
Do they have anything to campaign with? They are just a drowning man struggling with his last might. Buhari knows he has no game.

Social media you are rallying support.

Come on ground and test Buharis popularity

It will be like a movie to you come 2019
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Earthquake2: 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
IjebuWarrior:
This is arrant NONSENSE coming from the goddamn consulate. He's a public citizen vying for a public position to serve rule the foolish people of Nigeria. angry angry angry Of course, they realize Nigerians are gullible and would listen to anything that comes from their stinky mouths... after all, they're AMERICANS cool

We deserve to know the status of everything! He chose to become a public citizen NOT, our choice. angry angry angry

Did Buhari disclose his health status to you?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by emmykey0128(m): 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2018
Next level of suffering abi?kwantinue
papiwyte:
Atiku is begging US embassy for visa grin grin grin grin grin grin
Shame on pdp

For me... Am on d next level

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by Denikayan: 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
wizzypro12:
Us emabssy is stylishly and obidiently atikulating

Like you don't know about Atikus's case in US

He definitely will face the law if he enters the US and it involves big companies also

2 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by mescan(m): 6:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Better
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by netpro(m): 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku - the Potential Trump Puppet grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by FearGodinall: 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
IjebuWarrior:
This is arrant NONSENSE coming from the goddamn consulate. He's a public citizen vying for a public position to serve rule the foolish people of Nigeria. angry angry angry Of course, they realize Nigerians are gullible and would listen to anything that comes from their stinky mouths... after all, they're AMERICANS cool

We deserve to know the status of everything! He chose to become a public citizen NOT, our choice. angry angry angry
But we don't deserve to know health and medical bills of the chief incompentence whom you call as your president. Zombs are the manuel of hypocrate.

10 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by idealogical: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ordinary Nigerians obtain American Visa without endless status and confidential noise month after month, year after year.

Bottom line, Atiku can not obtain American Visa as long as his money laundering criminal case in America is fresh and active.

The US embassy can not override state department guidelines, the US department of Justice and even the Homeland security department and Grant Atiku any kind of Visa. His case is beyond the US embassy and this is the reason many ordinary Nigerians including the ones in this thread can apply and get American Visa, but former VP and a billionaire like Atiku can not get American Visa.

Status and confidentiality is pure diplomatic talk, the real issues remains why Atiku the former VP can not obtain American Visa and why they have been refusing him for over a decade.

Bottom line, they blocked him, he's on their no fly ban list and that list won't change until he's cleared by the US state department, the DOJ and the Homeland security department.

I don't even know why people are pushing him to go to America, they will have the US mashall or the FBI waiting at the airport to arrest him right away.

3 Likes

Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by IjebuWarrior: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Earthquake2:

Did Buhari disclose his health status to you?

Again, like I said... the fact that these fools are abusing power doesn't mean a nation like the U.S should be biased about the rule of law. undecided
Re: US Consulate Replies FG Says Atiku’s American Visa Status Is Confidential by IDKadiri: 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
SO HOW DID US EMBASSY REPLY FG?!! SMH

Ecstasy154:
The Public Affairs Officer (PAO) of the United States of America consulate in Lagos, Mr. Brussel Brooks on Friday, said issuance of visa to Nigerians irrespective of their social standing is strictly a confidential matter.

He said US Government will not discuss such confidentiality in public.

Brooks spoke while fielding questions from journalists after an Education Forum, held at the Distance Learning Center, University of Ibadan.

The PAO was apparently reacting to the controversies surrounding the US visa status of former vice president of Nigeria and the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 general elections, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The programme, entitled: ‘Teaching Resources: Availability, Applicability and Appropriateness,’ was organised by Fulbright Language Scholars’ Association under the leadership of Miss Tolu Akinwole, who said the association, being funded by the United States Consulate, has trained a total of 350 teachers in Oyo and Ondo States in 2018 with a view to igniting vibrant teachers and provide solutions to observed “inability of students to apply lessons they learn in classrooms to everyday life.”

According to Brooks, the case of Atiku’s US visa status has been an issue in the papers for sometime, but ” the position of the US Mission has remained the same throughout any discussion of this issue, that visas are a confidential matter.

“We don’t discuss individual visa’s status of any person, whether it be a highly rated official, a presidential candidate or an average citizen.

“Anyone who applies for a visa should know that there will be some records that are confidential. It is classified as private document by the United States Government, and we never discuss them now public.”

Brooks, who enjoined candidates at all levels, especially presidential, governorship and National Assembly, to focus on issue-based campaigns and avoid distractions, also advised Nigerians to ask candidates at all levels the plan they have to improve education.

“Often times unfortunately, campaigns are full of distractions, things that are not that important to the lives and welfare of average Nigerians, especially the children that are with us today. What is important for them is to give them the opportunities to serve in order to thrive in today’s world.

“This means they need a good education. The school should be improved. When I heard the letter from the students describing their lack of books and dearth of desks in their school. This is very disheartening. There are things that should be corrected.

“I will also encourage parents and voters to ask the candidates what they plan to do to improve education. I think issue-based campaigns will be beneficial to all Nigerians,”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/us-consulate-replies-fg-says-atikus-american-visa-status-is-confidential.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Coas Buratai Leads Operations Against Boko Haram Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Storms Anambra, Amidst Election Saga, Received By Huge Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.