Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Gov. Dickson Reveals The Cause Of Cultism, Criminality In Bayelsa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Dickson Reveals The Cause Of Cultism, Criminality In Bayelsa (249 Views)

Oba Of Ojo Speaks On Abetting Cultism, Criminality In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu: Parents Of Children Convicted Of Cultism Will Be Punished / Governor Ugwuanyi Condemns Acts Of Violence And Criminality In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Dickson Reveals The Cause Of Cultism, Criminality In Bayelsa by NwibanaEmmanuel(m): 3:33am On Dec 01, 2018
Bayelsa State Governor, Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson, has said that people in privileged positions and access to power are responsible for stirring up violence and criminality in the state.

The governor made this revelation on Thursday during the MonthlyPraise Night for November 2018 at the King of Glory Chapel in Government House, Yenagoa.

He charged politicians to take advantage of their positions to work toward promoting and supporting development at all times.

Special Adviser on Public Affairs to the governor, Mr. Daniel Alabrah, quoted the governor to have said that bad leadership by some persons in authority, who promote cultism and criminality, have corrupted the system and resulted to teenagers engaging in despicable acts of murdering fellow citizens in the state.

"Politics is not about promoting violence to destabilise the state. But it is rather about using privileged platforms at the state and federal levels to create a positive mark in the communities, local governments, state and the country at large.

"All those planning evil, planning to lead and serve our people but every meeting they call is about how to kill our people, buy weapons, get young men to kill more people and how to get together more cult people. One terrible thing that has happened is that because of what these people have done, some of the killers are about 12 and 13 years. That is what bad leadership has done in the state.

"If I were in authority at the federal level from a state that needs development, I will be working hard every day to see what difference I can make positively in my state, community and local government.

If it is the wish of God that those people should use their privileged positions and access to work to promote criminality and instability in this state, then they will prevail. But if it is not, His judgement will consume them," he said.

Meanwhile, Arctic Reporters had previously reported that the rivers state governor, Nyesome Wike has dared the Nigerian Army that the state will continue with its neighborhood watch exercise despite its disapproval by the Army.

More News At: https://ArcticReporters.com

(1) (Reply)

I Am Not Fake, Not Cloned, It Is Real Me ~ Buhari / Mission To Rescue Nigeria Begins- Secondus / Vp Osinbajo Launches Door-to-door Campaign In Nyanya, Karu, Roots For Buhari’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.