Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari (20505 Views)

LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / Nigeria More Divided Than During Civil War — Obasanjo / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by CyynthiaKiss(f): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the first coup is an Igbo coup and you people will continue suffering for it till eternity.
So today SS is now Igbo land because that's where Nzeogwu is from.?
Well, go and check the standard of life of an average Igbo man today , then compare it with your life and check who is suffering.
Even your life must be very miser.able judging from your modus of writing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Earthquake2: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2018
efighter:

Yes, the first coup is an Igbo coup and you people will continue suffering for it till eternity.

Lalasticlala Seun this is hate speech

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by kettykin: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2018
This simply comfirms what i have believed all this while, foreigners won the war for Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by eagleeye2: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2018
A simple research would have saved President Buhari from this gaffe.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
So Ireland also joined Nigeria in killing 3 million Biafla
This is commendable

He didn't say Ireland supported Nigeria militarily. Read before you comment.

He only paid tribute to the humanitarian work of the Irish to the starving Igbos during the civil war.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Uglymugg: 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
EricBloodAxe:
Lifeless dullard. Couldn't thank ireland for any other good thing except the civil war of the 60s. I really wonder how boring and annoying this null head would be to his wife and kids. Aisha must be suffering suicidal tendencies just for staying around this douchebag.

LMfaooooo their blood is being poisoned with anger grin grin

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by israelmao(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2018
Unconscious hatred will always find its way out even if you've decided to hide it.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

So today SS is now Igbo land because that's where Nzeogwu is from.?
Well, go and check the standard of life of an average Igbo man today , then compare it with your life and check who is suffering.
Even your life must be very miser.able judging from your modus of writing.

Is Delta state in the SS?

Because that is where Nzeogwu is from.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by zoedew: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2018
Blue3k2:
Lol certain people wont read past headline since they're triggered. Then will proceed to make ignorant comments. Whats wrong with saying thank you in this case?

Hate is a blinding malady! Love is a better way to go. It frees your mind, opens your eyes to positivity never thought available and widens your network. By the way, it keeps hbp away!
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Isangad1(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2018
this one will be saying sweet words to foreign countries and saying shit to her citizens.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by almarthins(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
The only thing that goes through this vegetable's mind is always war. His commentaries of this Nigerian civil war since he came to power are uncountable .
You didn't see anything to thank them for, why always about war Jubrin?
One thing is for sure, the hatred in this man will consume him one day, I can guarantee that.

Like the d hatred u have inside you, consuming u slowly and quietly. Deep calleth unto deep, hatred telling hatred why do u hate?!

How naive some of you can be !
I remember one of the late Biafra general thanking isrealis and France for their support during the civil war.
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by CyynthiaKiss(f): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

But we yorubas are the people begging on the street for alms and selling human parts for N1000 ($2.70) just to put few bowls of amala on our table. Where is the suffering of the Ibos that we have been praying to Allah for?

Come to Mushin and see how Yoruba Moslems occupied the whole street begging. They have turned mushin to their begging point.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by NothingDoMe: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2018
Blue3k2:
Lol certain people wont read past headline since they're triggered. Then will proceed to make ignorant comments. Whats wrong with saying thank you in this case?

Blue3k you caused it na or rather the mod (probably disguised as you grin) caused it. What kind of headline is that? 80% of people who read that will first think in terms of arms.

But also it is actually weird to be saying thank you for 1960. It could imply that we have had no dealings with them since then. Could also imply that Buhari is still living in the 60's.

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by chris99(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=Blue3k2 post=73449889]

THUNDER FIRE THIS DEAD MAN AND HIS DULARD SUPPORTERS

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by mvem(m): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You are correct. Buhari hates the East and East rightfully hates him back. Why his followers are lamenting about the mutual hate is beyond me.

I read an old newspaper yesterday in which Buharri granted and interview sometime in 2010 or thereabout calling the first coup 'an Igbo tribal coup'. This man is unfit to lead a multi-ethnic country, he is just a glorified tribal village leader.
...jubrin or Buhari?...set the record straight
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Blue3k2: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2018
zoedew:

[s]Hate is a blinding malady! Love is a better way to go. It frees your mind, opens your eyes to positivity never thought available and widens your network. By the way, it keeps hbp away![/s]

Your rambling show me you didnt read or understand what you read what Buhari said. When did it become an issue to thank country for sending humanitarian in past and present? Lol what's wrong with you guys.

NothingDoMe:
Blue3k you caused it na or rather the mod (probably disguised as you grin) caused it. What kind of headline is that? 80% of people who read that will first think in terms of arms.

But also it is actually weird to be saying thank you for 1960. It could imply that we have had no dealings with them since then. Could also imply that Buhari is still living in the 60's.

Dont blame others for their ignorant comments. Who told them not to read article. Vanguard made the headline and I left it as is. These same people ironicly call others illiterate yet they cant read before commenting on issues.

The second half your comment doesnt make sense. Buhari acknowledged the past and present deeds when he thanked Ireland. The assumption wouldn't make sense since it cleary states Buhari thanked Ireland humanitarian assistance in north east. The only thing this implies is he the war stil hold a place in his heart.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by fk001(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

You are correct. Buhari hates the East and East rightfully hates him back. Why his followers are lamenting about the mutual hate is beyond me.

I read an old newspaper yesterday in which Buharri granted and interview sometime in 2010 or thereabout calling the first coup 'an Igbo tribal coup'. This man is unfit to lead a multi-ethnic country, he is just a glorified tribal village leader.

You can't eat your cake a still have it.

You hate the man and he hates you back as simple as that. You people should always obey the law of reciprocal!!!

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2018
Buhari is lowkey savage. Chai.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by sweerychick(f): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
So Ireland also joined Nigeria in killing 3 million Biafla
This is commendable
even your signature shows that you are a hypocritical piiig

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by technicallyrich(m): 8:53am On Dec 01, 2018
Thank you irelandfor saving some biafrans
ss and se and other biafrans in middle belt we forever remain grateful.
To those oyoroba cowards.remember the parable that says a man that keep fighting might some day win,but a man that accepts his fate as a slave we never win because he is not fighting.so how we he win
slave trade has been abolish.wake up oyoroba mudslim

5 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

how you came about the illusion buhari hate the east amazes me ,, for a man that pick igbo as running mate twice that must av bin hell lot of hate ,
the east keep chanting buhari hate them how exactly , should he av allow biafra & kanu do as they please to prove he love them in the east ... what as buhari deny the east that every region is presently enjoying??
the east hates buhari its as been proven time n over time, why sow hate n expect to reap love ... if the east feel they've the right to hate why should buhari feel different he is human tew not jesus . ... there vote is irrelevant anyways
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Sgwin: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2018
A whole president of country look at what this idiot is saying to provoke the eastern...everyone knows that's buhari hate the Igbos

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by fk001(m): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2018
Drogbs:
Ireland actually never supported any side during the war as they were largely neutral , though they did play significant roles in saving millions of Biafran kids from starving to death by sending lots of relief materials through Caritas into Biafran territories, and also through the massive involvement of their catholic missionaries and priests whose heroic efforts did save lots of lives....so I'm not exactly sure where Buhari got that information about Ireland facilitating the Nigerian genocidal war against Biafra from. But then what more should I expect from an archaic dunce that still thinks Germany is "West Germany".

He was thanking them for the humanitarian aid not for the arms.

Read the article
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by BruncleZuma: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2018
While the British government was sucking Nigerian balls during the war , the Irish who were not in tune with them contributed pilots, soldiers, priests, doctors and nurses to the Biafran side during the war.

For those calling the 1966 an Ibo coup please note that the senior NCOs were Hausa and Tiv, Katsina 'the turn-coat" Hassan was Hausa, Ademola Ademoyega was Yoruba...calling it an Ibo coup is just a cause de guerre to eliminate the Eastern officer Corp which was seen a revolutionaries as most were college educated and filled with idealism.

I am open to discuss this with anyone as far as they ain't senile little phone thumbing trolls whose knowledge of Nigerian history was gotten through beer parlour historians.

Point of note my family fought on both sides of the war.

Even as far back as the second world war, the Irish were in full support of the Nazis.
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by technicallyrich(m): 8:59am On Dec 01, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:

Come to Mushin and see how Yoruba Moslems occupied the whole street begging. They have turned mushin to their begging point.
orobobas should be chased out from there and stop beging like their illiterate masters.
Lagos is a no mans land for now(but originally belongs to the ijaws and benin people.lagos is and extention of edo state) and such nonsense begging we not be tolerated.

4 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by technicallyrich(m): 9:01am On Dec 01, 2018
Sgwin:
A whole president of country look at what this idiot is saying to provoke the eastern...everyone knows that's buhari hate the Igbos
Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by technicallyrich(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2018
Sgwin:
hates ss and se.eastern region was ss and se and few middle beltan.
My great grand father died in biafran war and i am ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 01, 2018
fk001:

You can't eat your cake a still have it.

You hate the man and he hates you back as simple as that. You people should always obey the law of reciprocal!!!

Should the president of a country hate any part or region of the the same entity he rules? How is that right? How is that presidential? How can you justify that? On what basis? Does a great man play the card of reciprocity of negativity or hatred? A president for that matter? Then such a person is of a little mind and unfit to be president in the first place if he can't be broad minded, no matter the circumstances.

It was wrong of Buhari to make reference to the war when bidding farewell to the Irish ambassador. Psychologically, it shows his mindset instead of thinking progressive and futuristic thoughts. Please, stop defending the indefensible. What is wrong is wrong and 2 wrongs don't make a right. I'm sure the Irish ambassador too would be bemused in his mind and his home government will be unhappy Buhari mired them unnecessarily about a war that ended eons ago.

But I don't really blame Buhari. I blame the electoral system that allows small and close minded individuals emerging as leaders. If the electoral law has insisted that to be elected president, a candidate must win majority votes plus at least 1 state in every region of the country, a Buhari can never emerge as president. And this law shall be promulgated someday soon.

3 Likes

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by PeterUdeme: 9:40am On Dec 01, 2018
WritePal:

Should the president of a country hate any part or region of the the same entity he rules? How is that right? How is that presidential? How can you justify that? On what basis? Does a great man play the card of reciprocity of negativity or hatred? A president for that matter? Then such a person is of a little mind and unfit to be president in the first place if he can't be broad minded, no matter the circumstances.

It was wrong of Buhari to make reference to the war when bidding farewell to the Irish ambassador. Psychologically, it shows his mindset instead of thinking progressive and futuristic thoughts. Please, stop defending the indefensible. What is wrong is wrong and 2 wrongs don't make a right. I'm sure the Irish ambassador too would be bemused in his mind and his home government will be unhappy Buhari mired them unnecessarily about a war that ended eons ago.

But I don't really blame Buhari. I blame the electoral system that allows small and close minded individuals emerging as leaders. If the electoral law has insisted that to be elected president, a candidate must win majority votes plus at least 1 state in every region of the country, a Buhari can never emerge as president. And this law shall be promulgated someday soon.

Pigs like you only read headlines to be triggered. Your hate is inborn and there's nothing you can do about it.

He only thanks The republic of Ireland for their humanitarian effort during biafran war and the on going war in the north east. He is not responsible for your hate filled ramblings.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari by PeterUdeme: 9:42am On Dec 01, 2018
Luciferdevil2:
The only thing that goes through this vegetable's mind is always war. His commentaries of this Nigerian civil war since he came to power are uncountable .
You didn't see anything to thank them for, why always about war Jubrin?
One thing is for sure, the hatred in this man will consume him one day, I can guarantee that.

Animal. Why not read past the headline before showing your bad upbringing? He only tanked them for saving your monkey ancestors from extinction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Petrol Scarcity Looms As Depots Shutdown / Bandits’ Informant Sets Himself Ablaze In Zamfara / EFCC Arrests 33 Internet Fraud Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.