Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp (19901 Views)

Titilola Adeleke: Osun First Lady Inspires NYSC Corps Members At Ede Camp / Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Elfaris(m): 9:20am On Dec 01, 2018
No pictures for proof? And I thought bedbugs do well on beds not on the floor. hmm
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by udo2018: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2018
Who NYSC help..

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by mastermaestro(m): 9:22am On Dec 01, 2018
lilbest4:
to what end?
What is the essence of sleeping on a bare floor for 3 week?

It is called camp!!!!!! After three weeks you are free to go live in a mansion!!! People camp in the forest. No place in the world is camp a place of pleasure. Camp is for toughening, rediscovery, stamina building, exercise (mental, physical, spiritual). When JESUS fed the five thousand people after they had camped together for three days, did they have seats to sit on? They sat all on grass land!!!! (Matthew 14:19). Even enough food is not assured on any camp! Grow up!!!!
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by DammyOlu123(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2018
I honestly don't get Nigerians. That you did it before suddenly makes it acceptable? That it's only for 3 weeks means you should manage it? For how long should it be managed/made acceptable? Maybe until one of you has a child who goes there, and the roof collapses on his head, then will you know to speak out when something is wrong.
If it's bad, it's bad. Don't use Naija suffer mentality to justify it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Captainmudi(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2018
victormartyn:
What's now the difference between "Camp" and "Prison"

Nigeria is just one Country I will not come in my next life!
Never!!!

Note: I dedicate my FTC to all Nigerians who have Atikulated.
This goat thinks it's by voting Atiku.. nothing will still change. Your brain is too poor as a Nigerian! Which school did u graduate from??
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by DammyOlu123(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2018
mastermaestro:

It is called camp!!!!!! After three weeks you are free to go live in a mansion!!! People camp in the forest. No place in the world is camp a place of pleasure. Camp is for toughening, rediscovery, stamina building, exercise (mental, physical, spiritual). When JESUS fed the five thousand people after they had camped together for three days, did they have seats to sit on? They sat all on grass land!!!! (Matthew 14:19). Even enough food is not assured on any camp! Grow up!!!!

WOW. So camp must equate inhumane treatment. This mentality of ours will get us nowhere. Have you not heard of camps in other countries (don't even go to the West, look at African countries). Do you see them suffering unnecessarily, in the name of stamina and bla bla? You think you rediscover yourself with lice and bedbug infestation, pneumonia, and exposure to extreme weather?
Naija, which way ó.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by mastermaestro(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2018
olalekan9320:

Is camp and prison the same thing? Even though where I camped (ogun state)was okay that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk when something is bad

Camp is a place of exercise! It is optional! Stay in your comfort zone if you can't take what comes with it. When on camp, do not expect enough sleep, do not expect enough food, do not expect enough water. Everything is in short supply. People leave camp far better mentally, spiritually and physically than when they got there.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by mastermaestro(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2018
DammyOlu123:

WOW. So camp must equate inhumane treatment. This mentality of ours will get us nowhere. Have you not heard of camps in other countries (don't even go to the West, look at African countries). Do you see them suffering unnecessarily, in the name of stamina and bla bla? You think you rediscover yourself with lice and bedbug infestation, pneumonia, and exposure to extreme weather?
Naija, which way ó.

Stay in your house if can't endure the wonderful rigours of camp life. Stay in your house!!!!!
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by victormartyn(m): 9:33am On Dec 01, 2018
Captainmudi:

This goat thinks it's by voting Atiku.. nothing will still change. Your brain is too poor as a Nigerian! Which school did u graduate from??

What's that your name again
If I don't vote out that bubu/jubril, you and I will continue to suffer poor treatment like this.

Be wise today!!!
Atikulate!!!

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by uy001(m): 9:38am On Dec 01, 2018
I served in Niger state, I can tell you that the female hostel (as it is called) is far better than that of male. but to say there is no toilet and bath room, that is a fat lie. you can say that bathrooms and toilet (which are frequently mess up my corp members) is not enough, that for sure is the fact. sleeping on the floor is just a lie. please stop misguiding people. The condition is not that good and what we all expected yes, but stop painting it as hell.

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by omohayek: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2018
Yet more evidence in support of the argument that NYSC is a pointless waste of an entire year in the lives of millions of young people, and should simply be abolished. The whole thing is nothing more than indentured servitude in slave-like conditions, all in the name of a "national unity" that is no closer to existing now than when the NYSC programme was originally launched. Enough of this meaningless rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Xkalaban(m): 9:41am On Dec 01, 2018
Lol, no be today nyansh begin dey back. Na so e been dey for us inside wamakko sokoto camp that yr grin

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by DammyOlu123(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2018
mastermaestro:

Stay in your house if can't endure the wonderful rigours of camp life. Stay in your house!!!!!

Well, we're not allowed that option, are we? My own point is, rigours and suffering ARE NOT THE SAME. I don't understand why Nigerians equate both.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by enemyofprogress: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2018
Is it by force to serve this useless country?

4 Likes

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by SaturnNick(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2018
OMG... Same Niger state nysc orientation camp again
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Smartii(m): 10:00am On Dec 01, 2018
As if it's not same in most camps and we made no fuss, I bathed publicly in camp, sat on bare floor, those who couldn't secure bed space slept on the floor with their wrapper, it wasn't called a camp only for you to be living large like who is in maitama or asokoro. I miss camp days considering my background.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by bluefilm: 10:03am On Dec 01, 2018
TheGreenLand:
.......I will serve Nigeria with all my strength.......

So, STOP complaining and keep serving.

It's only 20 days and not forever!

It's like you've never been in a position where 20 days will actually seem like 200 years?!

NYSC is a useless program organised by an equally useless government officials who do not give a damn about the welfare of the corps members.

2 Likes

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by wisdomkid: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2018
Niger is Nigerian...
I thought Youth corpers were celebrating 50k allawee..

Idiots.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Adekdammy: 10:30am On Dec 01, 2018
If some of us can survive paiko camp years back, you can survive it now.

Sincerely paiko camp needs help, then toilet na bush, bathroom na for uncompleted building.

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Dannyozs(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2018
mastermaestro:

Camp is a place of exercise! It is optional! Stay in your comfort zone if you can't take what comes with it. When on camp, do not expect enough sleep, do not expect enough food, do not expect enough water. Everything is in short supply. People leave camp far better mentally, spiritually and physically than when they got there.
f*ck outta here, camp is not optional and people should not contact diseases for a fruitless reason! People like u deserve sense to be whipped into!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Quinic(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2018
I camped in Paiko. during my camping days the female hostel was better off than the male. we guys took our baths outside cause the bathrooms were giving us infection. one day the sewage tank in front of the barracks exploded due to heat since there was no opening to let air in. we ran for our lives that day cause we assumed boko haram has arrived. it wasn't a good experience in paiko but we just had to and left with memories. still serving in Suleja tho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Enivin(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2018
Keep serving your fathers land, it will soon become a story to tell,
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by wonlasewonimi: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2018
Please guys you have to wait your turn, osunbade is teaching the kids how to write computer programs now.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by mechanics(m): 12:32pm On Dec 01, 2018
That's serious o, and I taught it was a permanent camp all this while.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
lilbest4:
The top leaders in Nigeria are all dumb fools.
What is the essence of this NYSC?
Its seriously a means of enslaving youth....Many tinz ar just wrong in dis country, i just pray Nigerians wake up somday

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dannyozs:
f*ck outta here, camp is not optional and people should not contact diseases for a fruitless reason! People like u deserve sense to be whipped into!!
Not his fault dearie, some Nigerians just tink hardship is normal...Na wetin our govt dey do u see so, pathetic indeed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2018
nigeriapenbase:
News By NIGERIPEN.COM.NG

READ MORE VIA LINK BELOW.......

News Source: http://nigeriapen.com.ng/we-sleep-on-bare-floor-have-no-bathroom-corps-members-at-niger-nysc-camp/

Lalasticlala

Pics of Niggas n chicks lying down on the bare floor or
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Even though it is a camp, certain basic things ought to be in place. At least functional tap running, good toilet and bathroom and then beds to lay your head( no 5 star). As for food you are own your own. Whatever they give take it or visit mammy market. Op drew the attention of the state government because it is their responsibility.

1 Like

Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by Neddyogu(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
U wan make dem give u water-bed?
E be like u no go boys' scout camp. Ok ayam coming lemme bring water-bed for u. grin

But NYSC suppose provide bunk naa at least. Sorry oo corper. U Neva chi chomchin.
Re: We Sleep On Bare Floor, Have No Bathroom –corps Members At Niger NYSC Camp by mastermaestro(m): 11:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
Dannyozs:

I knew it wouldn't be long before Mr Madness walked him. Finally he is here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jama’atu Nasril Islam Slams NYSC For Opening Orientation Camps During Ramadan / Nysc:what's The Best Format Of Writing A Clearance Letter???.. / Gunmen Kidnap NYSC Members In Rivers, 5 Escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.