Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company (35790 Views)

Italian Club Terminated Player Contract For Scoring Against Italy / Samson Siasia Begs Nigerians To Help Raise 250,000 Euros To Appeal FIFA Ban / Messi Donates 100,000 Euros To UNICEF To Help Children In Need (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by MillionCash: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
That's so bad, seems they ran out of resources
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
Italy and most European countries are going through heavy economic recession ,so it could be as a result of the crisis. Plus I doubt that's the outright worth of the club.im guessing after paying the debts accrued by the club the past owner realized the stated sum at the end.

1 Like

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by killuminati(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
shocked

Good riddance me guess
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by IbrahimDamola: 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
See them shouting 'I for buy o'.

Even if you tell nigerians you selling an italian serie B club like Palermo for just 10 Euros (N4000), he will think you are trying to scam him because the price sounds too good to be true.

Everybody here will call you a scammer and lalasticlala will ban your handle till 4056.

grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by dominique(f): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2018
chiefololade:

Notably Makinwa

That's true, they qualified for UEFA cup while he was there
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by GenFunction: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Nooo
Just the EMBLEM
,,,,,,,,,,,,loooool....chai
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by einsteine(m): 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2018
Chelsea was once sold for 1 pound.

The price is just for a little.

In actual fact, the new owner assumes the debt of the club.

4 Likes

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Obinoscopy(m): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
There's something fishy underneath. Perhaps he have milked the club into serious debts and then gave it to the English guys. Perhaps the English guys are also part of the deal, they also took their personal cut which further indebted the club. Now they are using their corporate organisation to purchase the heavily indebted club with shareholders money.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Rumicarter: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
modaink333:
this club don cut my ticket taya

e good as de sell am...... my prayer don work

I'm with you!
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by kstyle2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
dominique:
The owner want to be rid of the club for reasons best known to him
I think a couple of SE players played for them when they were still in serie A.
Stephen ayodele makinwa aka the tiger from Lagos played for them

2 Likes

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
The club probably had a lot of debt which the new owner has to repay. Dangote repurchased Dangote Flour Mills from Tiger Brands for 1 US dollar in 2015, but he took on all it's debt and pumped more than 10bn naira in.

3 Likes

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by bujebudanu1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 01, 2018
EVILFOREST:

Nooo
Just the EMBLEM

grin

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Allwility: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
Obinoscopy:
There's something fishy underneath. Perhaps he have milked the club into serious debts and then gave it to the English guys. Perhaps the English guys are also part of the deal, they also took their personal cut which further indebted the club. Now they are using their corporate organisation to purchase the heavily indebted club with shareholders money.

There's nothing fishy here sir. This is one way companies are bought and sold if the seller doesn't want to be taxed for capital gains he makes from the company.

Dangote once did same in 2015 when he bought back Dangote flour from Tiger Food brand for $1. Here's a link to that buyout.
http://www.financialnigeria.com/dangote-buys-back-flour-business-from-tiger-brands-sustainable-photovideo-details-257.html
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by ovcwality(m): 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
LeeMason:
WTF!! I would have bought the club, then sold the stadium and players for a lot more
lol, you missed the part dat the new owners will developed their stadiums and mayb plenty tins. i dont think the headline is telling thecomplete agreement
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by martineverest(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2018
the club must have been indebted...the buyer must have agreed to pay the debt
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Xerox01(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
sad shocked That was Dybala's formal club
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Dynamo00(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
Very funny lots of folks here are like yeah only 10 euro? Then I can afford it � it's not that simple. Before buying such a club there are many things that made it so. What's the revenue coming in? How much debt do they have that you will have to balance from your own pocket? What's the players and management wage bill and can the revenue coming in will it be able to solve it?. It's just not as simple like just dipping your hand in your pocket and paying just 10 euro.

1 Like

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
It means to put the club in other it would cost million, so it's worth less.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Tokziby: 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
dominique:
The owner want to be rid of the club for reasons best known to him
I think a couple of SE players played for them when they were still in serie A.

It's was Ayo Makinwa that played for them, not a SE Player
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by dannyoungstick(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Predator1:
He for do auction na!
So that people go die of stampedes to buy the club....... wicked people everywhere...... Lolzzz
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Tokziby: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2018
HyconMojo:
This owner na mad man ! Abi I no see tha price wella nii?

It was more of a hand over to a company that can manage it with their own money instead of struggling and bringing down the whole club.

He did it in the interest of the club and community they represent.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by 11doubledee: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2018
Details needed jare,liabilities and debt could be worth over 100 million euros
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Ironman3(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
The 10 euros is not the real fee,the new owners will pay a lot of debts. CHECK FULHAM OR BOLTON THAT WAS SOLD FOR 1 EURO BUT THE OWNER INHERITED A 3O MILLION DEBTS,OR EVEN CHELSEA FC THAT WAS SOLD FOR 2 EUROS

1 Like

Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by stanley000: 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2018
Eponmakemoney:
Woodforest banks needed Come with online fullz.
Make money dis December
this one Una don dey post it's obvious say drops don dey hard to get lmao..last last we go dey alright
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by ibitoyejnr(m): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2018
mikhe2:
Heheheh... I for buy the club o
mikhe2:
mikhe2:
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by saajus: 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
yungchivvy:
I for buy am na cheesy

Don't forget to buy the debt too. Use google to check how much they owe.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by onegig(m): 6:05pm On Dec 01, 2018
einsteine:
Chelsea was once sold for 1 pound.

The price is just for a little.

In actual fact, the new owner assumes the debt of the club.

No mind them . Sold for 10pounds but liabilities running into hundreds of millions.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by vr0xen: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
stop this comment, it cant help u progress
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by dominique(f): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
kstyle2:
Stephen ayodele makinwa aka the tiger from Lagos played for them

By SE I meant Super Eagles not south east
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by Uduakuduakobong(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
Upon as I beg dem reach to sell dis club for me.
Re: Italian Club, Palermo Sold For 10 Euros To London Company by freshdude99(m): 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2018
LeeMason:
WTF!! I would have bought the club, then sold the stadium and players for a lot more
Black sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nani: Why Ronaldo Is Desperate To Leave Man United / Paul Pogba Made Phone Call To Juventus About Manchester United Exit / Chelsea Have Reportedly Terminated Antonio Conte’s Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.