Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,704 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

If Super Falcons Lose Today Blame Nff For Not Organising Friendlies. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If Super Falcons Lose Today Blame Nff For Not Organising Friendlies. (299 Views)

I Was Threatened By NFF For Composing Song Celebrating Super Eagles - Austino / Yusuf: I Thank God, NFF For My Recall To Super Eagles, Set To Assist Rohr / Kristoffer Barmen Sacked By Brann SK For Organising Sex Party At Club Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Super Falcons Lose Today Blame Nff For Not Organising Friendlies. by footballfanatic: 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nigeria senior women’s coach Thomas Dennerby says playing international friendlies are ‘extremely important’ for his ladies ahead of this year’s Africa Women’s Cup of Nations.

The 59-year-old led the Super Falcons to a third-place finish at the WAFU Cup in February before steering them to qualify for the 11th edition, having thrashed Gambia 7-0 on aggregate in June.

And for the eight-nation tournament, the Swedish tactician is proposing some warm-up games in the bid to ensure his team are in competitive shape to defend the title they won two years ago.

“I saw all the [Nigeria] games at the last Africa Cup of Nations. We played 1-1 against Ghana but they were a bit better against us in the group stage. Same situation against South Africa in the semi-final and Cameroon in the final,” he continued.

“Though we won those matches, I still think our opponents were slightly better. We cannot continue to rely on our previous success when the game is evolving. We need to acknowledge the fact that other teams are fighting hard to catch up with us and must not leave anything to chance.

“Even If we’ve won the tournament ten times, it really doesn’t matter as no tournament is the same. It won’t be a good thing if we fail to qualify for the World Cup. The most important thing now is to start camping and play friendlies in other not to have the regrets of not preparing enough.”

No friendly game, no camping for almost a year and players are frustrated
Super Falcons stars Oshoala, Okobi and Oparanozie took to Twitter to lament over lack of games for the Super Falcons.

Since they won the 2016 Africa Women’s Cup of Nations (AWCON) in Cameroon, the Super Falcons are yet to come together as a team.

No friendly game, no camp has been organised by the NFF and it has become frustrating for the players.

Super Falcons stars Asisat Oshoala, Ngozi Okobi and Desire Oparanozie have called out the NFF for their failure to bring the team together for almost a year.

The three players were part of the team that won Super Falcons’ eighth AWCON title since the maiden edition of the competition in 1998.

“Over 8 month without regrouping……. THIS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE. What is your vision? We need explanation. I love my country,” Oshoala wrote on her Twitter.

Her teammate Oparanozie joined her, writing; “since nations cup, no form of regrouping whatsoever. Which way Nigeria Football Federation?”

“Other African nations have caught with us, we’re still a shadow of ourselves at world stage….yet it doesn’t bother people leading us.” She adds.

“Let’s build for younger generations. We need quality international friendly games."

Okobi wasn’t left out, “Over 8 months till now since after the last nations cup, no form of regrouping.#thenff why treat the women like this?," she wrote.

The Super Falcons and NFF are not on best term following a series of protests the players carried out over unpaid allowances and bonuses from the 2016 AWCON.

It was after these actions that their allowances and bonuses from the 2016 AWCON were paid to them. The NFF are said to be very embarrassed by the situation and felt insulted.

Re: If Super Falcons Lose Today Blame Nff For Not Organising Friendlies. by shuanncommon: 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2018
I solidly stand with you. I heard people that do not know anything about football, talking about the Super Falcons ages', NFF failed to plan for the AWCON. South African Bayana Bayana have been playing quality international friendlies, while the falcons barely kicked a ball together. I am just hopeful that the falcons would win. Jesus Be with them.

Our sports managers need to learn.

(1) (Reply)

Is Mohammed Salah Over-hyped / Manchester United In Five-star Performance For Solskjaer / One Year Contract Extension And The Policy Of Chelsea Fc For Over 30 Years Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.